• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can You PLEASE Fix Vendor Search???

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm so annoyed by this I'm beyond words. But I might be able to find a few, lol. NONE of the new stuff shows up in vendor search! Much of the old stuff doesn't show up in search. No marble bars, crystal skulls, forged artwork, nothing! What should have been one of the greatest features ever has turned to crap. If I want a Blackthorn bunny I can find it on an internet UO search engine (Maybe hire *that* guy) but our dev team can't seem to pull it off. Some internet web site will show me a kitten or puppy if I want to buy one. Can I get this in game? Nooooo! If you don't have a Luna vendor the search in UO is our life's blood. I kept thinking this is such a great feature it wouldn't get forgotten and ignored. I was wrong. Come on guys, pull it together and do this right. It's important. Thank you.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*begins to write optimistic comment, then looks at the huge pile of unfinished/broken/useless patches that have been released over the years and never fixed* *deletes optimistic message and posts this instead*

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm so annoyed by this I'm beyond words. But I might be able to find a few, lol. NONE of the new stuff shows up in vendor search! Much of the old stuff doesn't show up in search. No marble bars, crystal skulls, forged artwork, nothing! What should have been one of the greatest features ever has turned to crap. If I want a Blackthorn bunny I can find it on an internet UO search engine (Maybe hire *that* guy) but our dev team can't seem to pull it off. Some internet web site will show me a kitten or puppy if I want to buy one. Can I get this in game? Nooooo! If you don't have a Luna vendor the search in UO is our life's blood. I kept thinking this is such a great feature it wouldn't get forgotten and ignored. I was wrong. Come on guys, pull it together and do this right. It's important. Thank you.
Thank you for the report. The database needs to be flushed with the latest batch of text IDs, after the flush, those items will populate in your search results.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm so annoyed by this I'm beyond words. But I might be able to find a few, lol. NONE of the new stuff shows up in vendor search! Much of the old stuff doesn't show up in search. No marble bars, crystal skulls, forged artwork, nothing! What should have been one of the greatest features ever has turned to crap. If I want a Blackthorn bunny I can find it on an internet UO search engine (Maybe hire *that* guy) but our dev team can't seem to pull it off. Some internet web site will show me a kitten or puppy if I want to buy one. Can I get this in game? Nooooo! If you don't have a Luna vendor the search in UO is our life's blood. I kept thinking this is such a great feature it wouldn't get forgotten and ignored. I was wrong. Come on guys, pull it together and do this right. It's important. Thank you.[/QUOTe

Thanks for reporting this

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the report. The database needs to be flushed with the latest batch of text IDs, after the flush, those items will populate in your search results.
I assume this will be done on all shards or is it a global database?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you Kyronix, even though the *request* to fix it was less then stellar, you always get the job done when you're able.

Honey and vinegar people...just sayin.
:heart: the vendor search, glad it's an easy fix :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Kyronix, even though the *request* to fix it was less then stellar, you always get the job done when you're able.

Honey and vinegar people...just sayin.
:heart: the vendor search, glad it's an easy fix :)
This is NOT the first time I've asked about it. The first several requests were nicer, lol. And it doesn't explain all the old stuff that doesn't show up. An example would be kitten, puppy, and I can't think of them at the moment but there are many :)

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just to add I was harsh and I apologize. But I brought this up when the signs and trader quests books came in. I've brought it up before that also and no one seemed to care. I see stuff in Luna selling for 4 times what I ask on my "out of town" vendors and it gets pretty frustrating. But if we can get this issue resolved permanently I'm a happy camper. I'd like to make a living too :) I'm leaving Kyronix's head on spikes out front till this gets resolved :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well when it was working it was working great. Everything I could think of was showing up. Unfortunately it's timing out now with the "too vague" message.