• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we please have building blocks? [goldsink idea]

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The event on Chessie tonight had "Building Block"s with a 2 hour timer. Even still, we grabbed them up... I have 2 locked down at home, with a whole 7 minutes left. They're the square light stone block from the stairs on a house.

So an idea... Given just the interest they had on Chessie, a special vendor selling this type of basic house part for 5 or 10 million would pull a lot of interest - and sink a lot of gold. Don't copy any rubble parts, so stay away from the sandstones... but there's a lot of other wall set parts that could be sold, and would be really useful for house design.

Brian

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like a great idea if they could do it without harming the value of rubble.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Aye; I should mention that I own at least 500 sandstone walls... As long as the existing rubble parts (or ones very similar to them) were avoided, I'd be all for it.
By the way, here's what the block looked like - they're both gone now. :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh neat! yeah I lost all my rubble when I let my account go inactive the first time..I was soooooooooooooo depressed lol but I loved them! So yeah I would totally be on board for this, it's a nifty way to even further customize but don't diminish the rubble!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a good idea. Perhaps we could recreate the wall tiles with a different name as to not devalue rubble. This will allow us to build interior walls inside our castles and keeps. Have wooden ones, brick, stone, stone and plaster etc. Make half walls as well and perhaps even down the road, doors that we could lock down... perhaps as an add-on.

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
or......just throwing it out there......isnt it about time to blow up another useless town? could do like Vesper =) all the rubble would be different lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah those would be nice. Always said we ought to be able to place blocks like that anyway with the housing menu.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
or......just throwing it out there......isnt it about time to blow up another useless town? could do like Vesper =) all the rubble would be different lol
If they did something like that, they'd probably pick one of the towns some people don't even know exists. Like Cove, or Heartwood.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Much as I'd like that too, it wouldn't really be much of a gold sink... :) Would anyone even notice 'rubble' if Sanctuary were the town being blown up? (...and how long til someone actually next went there to notice it was missing? :p)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event on Chessie tonight had "Building Block"s with a 2 hour timer. Even still, we grabbed them up... I have 2 locked down at home, with a whole 7 minutes left. They're the square light stone block from the stairs on a house.

So an idea... Given just the interest they had on Chessie, a special vendor selling this type of basic house part for 5 or 10 million would pull a lot of interest - and sink a lot of gold. Don't copy any rubble parts, so stay away from the sandstones... but there's a lot of other wall set parts that could be sold, and would be really useful for house design.

Brian
I really just want to be able to place the blocks inside the house. I don't know if they screw up movement above them or something (dont know why they would) but it has always annoyed me that you can only place these "blocks" on the stairs. It would open up so many possibilites if you could place 1 tile stairs and the blocks. Stages, platforms... all without the goza dance. :p

I think the house tool could use an overhaul completely different color sets, allowing for placing 2 walls in on tile so we can avoid weird gaps where walls meet, and under arches, adding all the missing walls tiles, and floor tiles. Would be really great.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
You're playing the wrong game. Here let me help you http://www.lego.com/en-gb/city
Nah, I just want to be able to do things the housing design tool can't handle (and never will be able to). I want additional flexibility in incorporating the house wall/floor/roof pieces into designs.

Or you could say I want to hire a mason to make my home some pieces, just as I hire a carpenter or tailor.

Either way, it's very much in keeping with UO being a sandbox game - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world - and not just a PvP engine. :)