• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we have a patch to un-screw High Seas?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a while you could drive the boat hidden, get in position and start firing with no risk or damage.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Again you had no issue with price until you found out someone was profiting from it. Your issue was with time and no one stocking the fuse cords.
No actually I had no idea NPC commodity prices were synced. I wanted vendors everywhere to make it cheaper, not just to save trips to the Sea Market. If adding more vendors won't make it cheaper, then they just need to make it cheaper by default.

And at 6 salt peter per black powder at 329 shop sell price, that is 1974 gold per shot but as usual Spocky roll with the over exaggeration and claim it cost more per shot than the quest returns Which is just not true.
Go look at how many units of black powder it takes to make a heavy powder charge and get back to me.

The increased niter mining was not a bug. I believe it was pub 69 where they said they were increasing the rate. Niter popping in Ilsh. Was a bug that they said they would review and consider leaving in, obviously they decided to leave it in. Following your logic if I don't like rolling a combat type but I want 120 scrolls I should be able to easily do champ spawns with a pure crafter/LJ/Miner and easily be able to obtain the scrolls. Because I don't want to roll a combat type, and paying 18-20 mil for 120 mage scroll is just crazy I mean after all those guys that built templates just for spawning well, screw them...... Right? Same with Crims, tangles, slithers etc. That stuff should all be low cost. Unless of course it is what Spock does and then it should 150mil minimum.
So let me get this straight: Expecting to do High Seas without a miner is like expecting to do champ spawns on a crafter? This must be your only source of gold or something. Nobody would come in here with a straight face and try to argue that High Seas is supposed to be 100% about mining otherwise.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
PARK A BOAT THERE AT EMPLORIUM. BUY WHATEVER. ITS NOT HARD, JUST CHECK SHIP SO DOEN T DECAY

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No actually I had no idea NPC commodity prices were synced. I wanted vendors everywhere to make it cheaper, not just to save trips to the Sea Market. If adding more vendors won't make it cheaper, then they just need to make it cheaper by default.

Go look at how many units of black powder it takes to make a heavy powder charge and get back to me.

So let me get this straight: Expecting to do High Seas without a miner is like expecting to do champ spawns on a crafter? This must be your only source of gold or something. Nobody would come in here with a straight face and try to argue that High Seas is supposed to be 100% about mining otherwise.
Unless they changed it last pub it takes 1 sulf ash, 6 saltpeter, and 1 charcoal to make 1 black powder. Now it does take 4 black powder to make a heavy charge but seriously who in the hell has made heavy charges since the ship paintings came out??? I finally found my stock pile of them on Siege and have 720,000 of them from the paintings more than I will ever use. Gave the paintings to someone else a few weeks ago that in pretty short order will be burried in heavy charges. Prodo I have 60 paintings that make 15,000 charges every fill up cycle and there are people that have a lot more painting than I do. 2-4 paintings would keep the average player going with no problem. Also heavy charges are not that expensive to buy.

Actually go back and read up on High Seas and you will find that mining saltpeter was a major part of obtaining saltpeter.

The sync came about quite some time ago during the bottle exploit when people were buying bottles in wind cheap and selling them in Luna very high and making millions in a hour or two. Sorry thought the all knowing Spock would have known that. Finding you actually talk a whole lot but actually know very little :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Unless they changed it last pub it takes 1 sulf ash, 6 saltpeter, and 1 charcoal to make 1 black powder. Now it does take 4 black powder to make a heavy charge but seriously who in the hell has made heavy charges since the ship paintings came out???
People who only had The King's Collection pack available at their origin stores for 48 hours before it mysteriously disappeared. :p
Funny how that keeps happening. I think Origin store must have a hole on their backpack, just like all my characters at Legends, because they keep losing stuff all the time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People who only had The King's Collection pack available at their origin stores for 48 hours before it mysteriously disappeared. :p
I know others have offered to help you get those upgrades and I would as well.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know others have offered to help you get those upgrades and I would as well.
I am not the problem there. Origin store is.
I can remote in on my private US server and get whatever I need. Other people in Brazil, South America and Europe can't do that as easily.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not the problem there. Origin store is.
I can remote in on my private US server and get whatever I need. Other people in Brazil, South America and Europe can't do that as easily.
Did not say you were the problem, but as you well know there are plenty of other options for obtaining the codes. Not that I don't agree that the store should have everything available every where internationally. I suspect that probably has to do with currency exchange rates and fluctuations. Not saying they don't exist but I have never met anyone that wanted the upgrades and didn't have them. Or did not have them on principle.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendors here, vendors there, bla bla. After Medusa Eggs, Kotl artifacts and High seas, what will be the next thing the OP figures out to not make him millions?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Did not say you were the problem, but as you well know there are plenty of other options for obtaining the codes. Not that I don't agree that the store should have everything available every where internationally. I suspect that probably has to do with currency exchange rates and fluctuations. Not saying they don't exist but I have never met anyone that wanted the upgrades and didn't have them. Or did not have them on principle.
Definitely.
I got myself two packs through my server, and I have pointed other people to third party sites when they needed stuff from the store not available here.
But it is frustrating as heck, and not everyone is tech savvy enough to figure out themselves.
I had vain hopes that with the sovereign packs they would take time to normalize all the stores across the globe. I guess I was too naive and hoped for too much.

Anyway, I digress.
Streamlining the process to make the resources to fire cannons and the process to shoot them would be extremely productive for the game.
The amount of hops you have to go through just to make a fuse cord is mind boggling.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely.
I got myself two packs through my server, and I have pointed other people to third party sites when they needed stuff from the store not available here.
But it is frustrating as heck, and not everyone is tech savvy enough to figure out themselves.
I had vain hopes that with the sovereign packs they would take time to normalize all the stores across the globe. I guess I was too naive and hoped for too much.

Anyway, I digress.
Streamlining the process to make the resources to fire cannons and the process to shoot them would be extremely productive for the game.
The amount of hops you have to go through just to make a fuse cord is mind boggling.
Having to use a 3rd party site to buy a official product from a international company is crazy in this era! Wish they would put both the fire painting and the ship painting in the in game store but that would not solve the underlying problem of the add on code still not being easily available to everyone globally.

lol where I get frustrated is I spend a day making fuse cords put them in some chest because I am then frustrated at the whole process and a week later decide to go sailing and can't remember which chest I put the damn fuse cords in!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having to use a 3rd party site to buy a official product from a international company is crazy in this era! Wish they would put both the fire painting and the ship painting in the in game store but that would not solve the underlying problem of the add on code still not being easily available to everyone globally.

lol where I get frustrated is I spend a day making fuse cords put them in some chest because I am then frustrated at the whole process and a week later decide to go sailing and can't remember which chest I put the damn fuse cords in!
i store them in my commodity deed box, reduces the amount of containers to look in . . .

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i store them in my commodity deed box, reduces the amount of containers to look in . . .
LOL you have not been to my craft hall yet......... I use 16 comod boxes stacked for storage there and most of the other houses have at least 2-3. I did have the genius idea to just take the fuse cords to the resource house and put them in the same box as I dump the ship painting powder charges in! And the cannon balls to!! If you ever have a chance to peek in my chest, crates, boxes, bags and backpacks you would be embarrassed of my organizational skills on my behalf :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With me their either in the Cannon backpack in my alchemy lab chest or in the Cannon Suppies chest downstairs I supply the ship from.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never did the high seas. I thought it sounded cool, but when I read all the steps necessary to outfit a cannon and fire it, I abandoned before I start. Since I only play 2-3 hours a week at most, it would take all month to get a cannon ready.
This is exactly why I have not added HS into my UO stuff. When I saw the pain others were going through to get supplies on a decent level I just gave up and turned my crafters to different areas of interest.

Devs - simplify the stuff would you? KISS principle is alive and well and can be employed here!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With me their either in the Cannon backpack in my alchemy lab chest or in the Cannon Suppies chest downstairs I supply the ship from.
Yeah man but you have organizational skills :) I make stuff, find stuff and loot stuff and have the best intentions of keeping organized and easy to find........ Then I think of something else I need to do and go to that house and then something else and somewhere along the line drop it in a chest and a week later can't remember which chest in which house. Then two years later looking for something totally different I will find the 2000 fuse cords I made a week ago and wonder Hmmmm when did I make all these. Yes I really am that bad :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is exactly why I have not added HS into my UO stuff. When I saw the pain others were going through to get supplies on a decent level I just gave up and turned my crafters to different areas of interest.

Devs - simplify the stuff would you? KISS principle is alive and well and can be employed here!
It really is not as bad as we make it out to be, don't get me wrong it is a PITA to make the fuse cords and the cannon clicky sucks but We would not keep doing it if it was not enjoyable :) It just needs some much over due streamlining of the making the cords and firing the cannons and buffing the Pirate loot and gold reward up and adding some new spec loot and some old bugs fixed. But it is actually fun to head out give the command start tracking and go hunting pirates or pirating yourself :)