• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can KR macros be imported to SA?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone answer that question please? ^^

ty Gilly

EDIT; and what about hotbars? ^^

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't tested it, but I assume that it is possible. Both clients store the information in the same format in an XML file. You can try the following:
  • Simply copying the XML file to the appropriate directory of the SA Client.
  • Open the XML fiel and copy the code modules into the XML file of SA.

O

Old Man of UO

I haven't tested it, but I assume that it is possible. Both clients store the information in the same format in an XML file. You can try the following:
  • Simply copying the XML file to the appropriate directory of the SA Client.
  • Open the XML fiel and copy the code modules into the XML file of SA.
The SA client overwrites those files if you change them. I tried it the first day!

However, it was stated that they are looking into a way to port 2D and KR macros, but that was about 2 months ago.

One thing you CAN do is set one character up in UOSA that you will use for the template - hot bars, macros, desktop, usersettings, etc. Then copy that character's file, paste and rename with you other characters. Then they will all have the same basic setup.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SA client overwrites those files if you change them. I tried it the first day!
You need to change the files while SA is not running.
As long as the files remain valid, the client shouldn't overwrite them.

O

Old Man of UO

You need to change the files while SA is not running.
As long as the files remain valid, the client shouldn't overwrite them.
I did that... but I think my problem is Windows itself. I defragged my Vista Registry with a defragger. Since then I cannot drag and drop files into folders, folders open in new windows no matter how I try to change this behavior, and a few annoying things. I can't copy and past a file into the same folder (which used to past as "Copy of"). So I think it is forcing a change to the file extension even though I can't see it.

Umm... I did save a Registry backup, but I've installed several programs since. I know, I know... don't mess with the Registry, but it did speed things up.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had tried copying the KR file over and it didn't copy my macros. Anyway, this is good that I'm re-doing them. I am much more familiar with the macros and I know myself better. I did it for KR, I did it for SA. I like refining.

I also tried copying the map file and it didn't seem to work. But, I discovered I have all my waypoints in SA now!! So it did copy something. I love it.

O

Old Man of UO

I also tried copying the map file and it didn't seem to work. But, I discovered I have all my waypoints in SA now!! So it did copy something. I love it.
Nice... I notice the waypoint.xml file was the same name as KR. Glad that it is just a copy and paste.

Still, and one-button import of all settings and macros would have been nice.