• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can I resize my house safely if it was traded to me today?

D

Doralei

Does the timer preventing you from placing a house interfere with the resizing method? In other words, if I stand under my house, having just gotten it today, and say "I wish to resize my house" is it going to drop the plot, but then not let me place another because I've had one traded to me in the last 24 hours? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot here considering what I went through for the plot, so any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did it a few months ago. Make sure you do not have any other houses tied to that house.

the house you are resizing will act like an idoc, everything will fall to the ground.
Only unsafe piece in house resizing is that you can place multiple houses if you are say attempting to test the land. E.g. you place a keep and think ooh I have a few more tiles and try placing 7x7's along the sides to test the land for placement (for grasses and the like).
I would recommend with the changes in houses though... to make sure you have a fall back plan. such as... having an account you can activate that DOES NOT have a house (when you reactivate an account that has a house the house timer restarts for that account).

D

Doralei

Thanks for the info, Lyconis. I'll play it safe your way just so I don't end up shooting myself in the foot!

T

THyRoID99

Is it just me or was the original question unanswered? I'm pretty much in the same situation as Doralei and am trying to find out if it's possible. If anyone has the info please share, thanks :)

Edit: Found it
"Circumvents the normal 7 day delay between demolishes/rebuilds"
http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday112.html

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually if you accept a house in trade you have to wait the 7 days. If you placed the plot yourself and have no other houses then you can. but the way the housing system is. I would just wait the 7 days.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes - wait 7 days before resizing, right now there is a bug which will not let you replace after it is dropped to resize!

T

THyRoID99

Yes - wait 7 days before resizing, right now there is a bug which will not let you replace after it is dropped to resize!
I resized it successfully! No bugs. I went from an 18x18 to a 13x17 without any problems.

And if you're wondering why I went to a smaller house; same storage, less space to fill up, cheaper to design, and I just miss the old days of living in smaller homes.

Thanks for the tips guys!

D

Der Rock

And if you're wondering why I went to a smaller house; same storage, less space to fill up, cheaper to design, and I just miss the old days of living in smaller homes.

yep, who not miss the old day´s where the lavatory was in the backyard :D

T

The Home Guild

7 day timer is for accepting a new home only.
you can resize all day if you wish..keep in mind a 1 hr timer between drops.
Make sure you ONLY have that home adn you should be okay.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I resized it successfully! No bugs. I went from an 18x18 to a 13x17 without any problems.

Thanks for the tips guys!
Why not just build a 13x17 house on the 18x18 plot? That way you can have a nice little private garden area to go with it :)