• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can champ spawns be soloed? temp help

• Thread starter Ethereal_Corpse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
E

Ethereal_Corpse

I just started back a month ago. And i have already finished my tamer up. Now i'm looking for templetes that can solo some champ spawns.

Does anyone have the best temp for this?

thx ec

R

RichDC

Isnt really one, the only template i could see effectively doing majority of spawns would be a wammy, with a full LRC/LMC/DCI/DI suit.

Could wither through the majority of low level spawn(arachnid would probs want to be vamp and whilrwind) and then beat on the rest.

Im not sure if it could work really...but it would seem to be the only viable template to succeed on all spawns. However, the bosses themselves i dont know if you could solo ricktor or Semidar with that temp...possible i suppose.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can solo champ Spawns on my necro mage. Rats are easy as pie.

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 SS
105 Necro
100 Anatomy
70 Meditation

R

RichDC

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 SS
105 Necro
100 Anatomy
70 Meditation
Ahh yes but what happens at the Demon spawn, can you really kill enough level 3mobs(flaming/blistering gargoyles). Same question to Undead although slightly easier, and then how do you solo Meph/sem/ricky/niera...see my point, there is no "tank" element. A necro mage wouldnt even dent meph before she either ran you down or pulled you in.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i stay away from the archnid and demon spawns tbh >.<

R

RichDC

The Demons got the best replica in game!!!

Cant remeber what the arachnids unique is but the webs are cool!

If im soloing ill agree though i tend to try and find a nice quiet ratman and hunker down on my necro.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont care about replicas been doind around 20 champs solo the last month and all ive gotten is 3xswamptiles :(

R

RichDC

Ouch!!

The group im ins been really lucky this last month, 1Lt sash 1Glad collar 1Crown of tal, few tiles/statues and a load of 120's...even the mageries been dropping alot. My self i havent gotten jack but its nice to know the group does.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch!!

The group im ins been really lucky this last month, 1Lt sash 1Glad collar 1Crown of tal, few tiles/statues and a load of 120's...even the mageries been dropping alot. My self i havent gotten jack but its nice to know the group does.
Well yeah ive got loads of 120's aswell. Its kinda sad though that i make much more gold on sots then i do on 120's. PS prices is really out of conroll atm.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 SS
105 Necro
100 Anatomy
70 Meditation
If you don't mind me asking, what is the anatomy for? I can see using it for healing and damage increase but is that it? Seems a bit of a waste if it is.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Eval + Anat + 20) / 2 = 120 defensive skill. Basically you use 100 anatomy instead of 120 eval.

T

Turdnugget

I can solo rat spawn on my necro/mage/tamer. So can a whammy/sampire.

Depends if you want to just farm for scrolls or replicas. Rat spawn can be done easily with the two templates listed.

If you're going with other spawns, then you gotta rethink your strategy and possibly bring a friend.

Most people only solo champs for scrolls...most spawns can be done with 2-3 people. It takes a little longer, but is doable.

G

GFY

If you want to do a demon spawn on a mage template, polymorph yourself into a female before you start and you'll have a much easier time with the succubi.

T

Turdnugget

Samurai/weaponskill/tacs/necro/ss

Run around in wraith form (wraith + samurai = whammy) leeching mana from the mobs you're killing and using curse weapon as a method of healing. Check out the warrior forum, lots of info there on sampires/whammys.

E

Ethereal_Corpse

What would i have to change on my tamer to help him solo champs better?

Right now i have a basic mage tamer

120 lore
120 eval
120 magery
110 taming 120 with ring
120 vet
120 med.

I did start a sampire but it's going slow

120 swords
120 parry
120 busido
100 anatomy
100 necro
100 tactics
60 chiv

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What would i have to change on my tamer to help him solo champs better?

Right now i have a basic mage tamer

120 lore
120 eval
120 magery
110 taming 120 with ring
120 vet
120 med.

I did start a sampire but it's going slow

120 swords
120 parry
120 busido
100 anatomy
100 necro
100 tactics
60 chiv
I second the thought on the solo tamer spawner...

What is a good template for that sort of character (like Turdnugget mentioned he uses above)? I think he's using a necro-tamer of some sort.

-OBSIDIAN-

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well a good sampire can advance all the spawns to the champ then just go log out and bring the tamer with the greater dragon in since the primary killer is gone and hopefully nobody else around you still get the replica when you kill the champ if it drops at all.

120 swords or mace with a good one handed whirlwind hit area mana leech weapon will ravage any and all spawn mobs so yeah i use the radiant scimitars alot have some i like with use best weapon for when i am a macer

120 bush lit strike for the win! also confidence counter atack and evasion help oh and most important is the perfection bouns

100 tactics

99 necromancy to vamp form i carry some regs along with arcane boots and use animate dead a few liches in the mix help alot on some spawns

65 chiv can go less but i use the character to solo doom and dispel evil will poof revanents at 65

120 Parry!! a must for that survival factor / I drop parry for archery if i know i am going to rats or undead spawns archery is good vs some of the champs

All the rest i throw into resist spells for less mana drain power against me

the character is an elf female so i can tank semidar and elf so i have more mana human joat is nice but mana is better less points wasted on int and more points into str

Stats should be 125 dex since you are not useing bandages to heal you only need + stamina for swing speed so i have lots of stamina + off equipment try to get it to 150+ stamina cc and mace and shield glasses + a good jewel or 2 with dex help

100+ str

inteligence gets the rest of my stat points yeah she ate a 25 scroll i just lazy and not logged in to tell ya the exact number on the stats. i have over 50 mana so i think i got 20 int there abouts

Since i run vamp fire resist is a must to have very high i have all 70's with energy at 75 i use only 4 so called arties fey legging mace and shield glasses robe of eclipse and quiver of infinity.

Jewelry is both Hci Dci Lmc DI and they each have another mod one is fc1 other poi resist 8

Rest of the outfit is all massive resists with lmc stamina increase and or mana regen.

Primer of arms tali or conjurers trinket
Crimson cinciture
weapon 3 leech ssi di diamond mace i love useing but my main swords skill i go with a ornate axe with ssi di stam leech mana leech and hci

Will rip threw rats no prob at all undead best to do in decipt but if i go slow i can do the undead spawn at any location i pop it. demon spawn is a pain but not hard to get to semidar just be presistant and take your time know how much you can take on. Oaks i do not do in fel solo though in tram i can solo it to oaks with archery takes a long time but i had to try and i did get to oaks all alone. Cold blood aka dragon spawn is not tough to get to champ but rikktor will rip you apart now and i bring my tamer with disco to deal with him takes ages to kill the *******. Aracnid just have to go slow on lvl 3/4 then keep counter atack and evasion going while dealing with mephistis hmm what have i left out?? oh yeah bedlam spawn just don't not worth the troubble alone you will get stuck as soon as grizzels spawn. Weld no place for a dexxer disco tamer's en mass good for that spawn. minutaur well not sure yet on that i think i could advance to merkatus but not sure have only done in a group. Lastly the tokuno champ spawn just need to go slow and bring a good dragon slayer to it the champ is a push over.

R

rsinbad

Very informative post WildWobble thanks :) I haven't considered chivalry on my necro dexer since negative karma goes against chivalry. Does remove curse work?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the tamer:

My mage tamer (120 taming/lore/vet/magery/med/EI) can solo baracoon and mephitis spawns with relative ease. I have trouble killing drakes fast enough to advance reptile spawns and my dragon gets into too much trouble with burning gargoyles to make imps very profitable.

I do undead spawns on my archer (archery/tactics/bushido/chivalry/meditation/healing/anatomy). With mischief maker and a conjurer's trinket, nothing gets close enough to me to hurt me (unless I do it in Deceit) until Neira herself. Then I usually have time to cut most of the bones, only running away if a lich lord or rotten corpse shows up. Note: I only cut the bones if I'm soloing. Even if only one other person is with me, I tend to let the bones go.

I had a necro-tamer, but decided to go pure necromancer instead. But the necro-tamer (taming/lore/necro/SS/magery/then a choice between two of the three, EI/med/vet) is a very powerful spawning template. I rarely see one of those run into trouble, and necromancers kill things very quickly. My version had less taming and lore and I used a beetle/bake or two bakes and could solo anything but the undead (lich lords) or demon (burning gargs or succubi... area effect stinks when there's a ton of enemies on the screen).

T

Turdnugget

Obsidian... my template is this:
100 Mage (+15book)
110 Tame(85 real)
110 Lore (90ish real)
100 SS
100 Necro
85 Vet (might drop and just carry jewels for rezing)
100 EI (for para fielding/grind points)

For most of the spawns i've done it works extremely well. I use a GD so I can have a meat shield and let everything agro onto it and just wither behind it.

EI is nice so I can set up 3-4 fields deep, bring a bunch of stuff and it get's stuck, then just wither away.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I tried the vermin spawn with my necro-fencer. The first and second level was no problem. During the second level, my weapon durability got pretty low, so I decided for a quick repair. After returning I didn't notice, that level 3 was active. I got hit by a few firebreaths from hellhounds and some spells from ratman mages. I died almost instantly. I had 5x 70% resist and no slayer weapon equipped.

Later I watched a mage killing barracoon. Barracoon spawned several ratman archer & mages upon him. They fired at him, but he didn't even drop below 90% health. WTF?

I'm pretty clueless, what am I doing wrong?

T

Turdnugget

I'm guessing the mage had high DCI, possibly a mage weapon, or parry to counter the hits.

Does your chr have good DCI? Can't see why your chr would die so fast to a couple rat mages/hounds... unless there was a plethera of spells being cast.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said, a few, maybe 3-5, rat mages were casting at me. And some hellhounds breathing fire, also probably 3-5. But I didn't recieve any melee damage. So DCI helps with spells & beathing fire too?

I've got about 30% DCI on this char.

G

GFY

My guild would let 1 player kill the champ for a better chance at 120 scrolls. I had my stealth mage armed with a slayer book and Barracoon didn't last long at all. I did have to mana vamp a couple of guild mates (mages not dexxers, dexxers don't have enough mana to make a difference) but it's very easy. When Barracoon spawns the mages or archers I'd cast 1 chain lightning and they die before they get a shot off.

A

Arch Magus

As I said, a few, maybe 3-5, rat mages were casting at me. And some hellhounds breathing fire, also probably 3-5. But I didn't recieve any melee damage. So DCI helps with spells & beathing fire too?

I've got about 30% DCI on this char.
Ahh Thrakkar, the trick is this; go straight for the mages and knock them out first, BEFORE they get a chance to target you and start dumping.

Just ignore the hounds until the immediate area is clear of mages. As soon as you see a mage pop up, get him. Don't let them pull full mage combos off, especially groups of 3+, they will annihilate anyone.

edit: DCI does nothing for you against magic and firebreathing attacks.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good di and hpr does help some, esp finding the perfect wep to do most the work to