• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this sidebar?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has started to appear on most places I visit. I can click the x at the top right to close it but as soon as I change pages its back.

Sidebar.JPG

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is that from your Bing Toll Bar? I don't have it and thinking it must be a tool bar "feature."

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It's not related to Stratics. You can try Googling or try these:

Uninstall “Related Searches” Sidebar from Microsoft Windows (and WebCake if it exists)
1. Open Windows Control Panel.
2. Choose Programs (Uninstall a Program).
3. It will open a list of installed programs, find Webcake, Conduit, or any suspicious term and click on ‘Uninstall’.

How to remove “Related Searches” Sidebar on Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, go to Tools > Manage Add-ons.
3. On right panel look for Webcake, Conduit, or any suspicious entry and click on Disable button to stop the service.
4. You may now restart Internet Explorer.

How to Uninstall “Related Searches” Sidebar in Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on Settings (three horizontal bars icon or wrench icon for old versions) or ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ button located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Click on Tools > Extensions from the drop-down list.
4. You can see Webcake or Conduit from the list of installed extensions; remove it by clicking on the ‘Trash’ icon.
5. Please restart Google Chrome.

How to Remove “Related Searches” Sidebar in Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox Internet browser.
2. On top menu, go to Tools > Add-ons.
3. Remove Browser Webcake or Conduit from the list of installed add-ons.
4. Restart Mozilla Firefox.

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This is caused by spyware/malware. In addition to the steps Taylor mentions above, you'll want to scan your system for more garbage. For every piece of malware you spot, there's a dozen you didn't see.

Personally I recommend you run these 3:
- ADWcleaner
- Combofix
- Malwarebytes

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Ya, if you aren't already using MalewareBytes, go ahead and change that immediately.
I run a scan around once a week, just to be sure.
Even if the maleware isn't obtuse enough for you to notice doesn't mean its not effecting your gaming!