• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone explain Villianous Armor of Epiphany ...

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't figure out what it does nor what its worth to even try to get the set. Ty for any information

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it was a good idea but they never got it right enough to make them worth using.
you loose too much other stuff to just get that small burst.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The armor is pointless beyond decor, the "boost" isn't worth the crappy NPC resisits.

The "bosses" Niporailem and Charybdis drop the armor. The first one is easy, while the second 99.9% of UO players will never ever see.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I refuse to believe that any developer working when that armor came out ever actually played the game to any real extent. It was new armor with a unique stat that dropped off a brand new and very powerful boss, and it was completely worthless because the designers seemingly had no idea how armor and resists worked in their own game.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I refuse to believe that any developer working when that armor came out ever actually played the game to any real extent. It was new armor with a unique stat that dropped off a brand new and very powerful boss, and it was completely worthless because the designers seemingly had no idea how armor and resists worked in their own game.
:owned:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Outside of deco and maybe if anyone still roleplays, I can't think of a single reason anyone would wear that armor.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The worst part is that no one ever thought to fix it. It was just oh well, on to the next half-baked idea.

It's really taken these guys a long time to figure out how items work in their game. Remember the first set of void pool items on test center, the ones that were just decade obsolete Doom items with one extra mod? Or the first iteration of the Shadowguard items?

Still at least they let themselves be yelled into buffing stuff before it goes live these days.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The worst part is that no one ever thought to fix it. It was just oh well, on to the next half-baked idea.

It's really taken these guys a long time to figure out how items work in their game. Remember the first set of void pool items on test center, the ones that were just decade obsolete Doom items with one extra mod? Or the first iteration of the Shadowguard items?

Still at least they let themselves be yelled into buffing stuff before it goes live these days.
What always blows my mind is how they asked us what we'd like to see in Blackthorns for turn ins... so they KNOW what items actually get used... they also should know what items from other things like the spring clean rewards get picked and used...

Somewhat like giving us that stupid Fishermans armor that gives a boost to getting rare fish at a level so ridiculously low that even with ever boost possible and bait you still are about as likely to catch the rare fish as you are to get struck by lightning.

So they know what is actually decent yet they continue to give us garbage.

Another thing that screams DEVs have no clue at what is used or needed... I get a great looking bracelet or ring for a mage with all the SDI, and Mana increases and bonuses....... but it lacks the most IMPORTANT 2 properties... FC and FCR... what point is SDI if it takes you too long to cast a spell?

And as a dexer I'm always looking for SSI on jewelery but everytime I find it.... the piece is full of things like SDI and such... when I'd prefer if it had some HCI and DI on it... SDI is hardly useful unless I am a necro or something but then I'm going to want that FC and FCR again...

Most mages want 2/6 casting, 40 LMC, all 70's armor with 100+ LRC and such ... and as much SDI as they can get... if they use weapons they are going to need HCI and such... but outside those things they don't need silly things like SSI on their jewels... or anything like that.

Most fighters want HCI, DCI, DI, SSI, MR, LMC... and things to increase Stamina/mana and regens... with all 70's at least and something to save them from getting cursed , poisoned, paralyzed, and all ..... now a chivy person might want 4/6 and such but for the most part they have zero use for SDI... they aren't going to wear a suit that doesn't give them the things they need...

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Those examples are a bit different, I think. Like a ring with every mage stat except FC/FCR is clearly there to push you toward trying to get those stats on books, shields, and other items. It has the potential to indirectly make those other items more valuable. They're not just going to put every single stat on one item like "Equip me to win UO!" And randomly generated items are random.

What gets me is more like "Hey how about a Berzerker's Maul with stamina leech on it? That's a good item, right? I don't know, I haven't been paying attention since 2003, I only work here!"

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The armor parts are a good and easy alternative for farming clean-up points. Lure the thief in a corner so that his spawn is turned down and let your dragon kill him with whsipering. You get a guaranteed drop in each corpse = 1000 cleanup points. Respawn is fast and you can collect a couple of 100k points this way without any risk/danger/work...

I think, the devs gave us the armor for exactly THIS reason...

:gee:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its very sad because the Charybdis is my favourite boss in the whole game to fight. Feels like a proper boss fight when fighting it, tentacles popping up all sides of the ships, your ship getting thrown about everywhere with its tidle waves. It has a cool use of graphics and quite a tough fight. Then you do all that and it drops piss all of value :(. Its definately a boss everyone should experience and its the one boss you actually have to fight on a ship at sea, not just toss a net off the end of magincia docks :p

Chary2.jpg
Chary3.jpg
Chary4.jpg

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its very sad because the Charybdis is my favourite boss in the whole game to fight. Feels like a proper boss fight when fighting it, tentacles popping up all sides of the ships, your ship getting thrown about everywhere with its tidle waves. It has a cool use of graphics and quite a tough fight. Then you do all that and it drops piss all of value :(. Its definately a boss everyone should experience and its the one boss you actually have to fight on a ship at sea, not just toss a net off the end of magincia docks :p

View attachment 55572
View attachment 55573
View attachment 55574
I did it a couple of times but unless the devs dont pimp the loot and the drops its not work the efforts...

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The armor Charybdis yields isn't the same as the armor from Niporailem the Thief.
Yeah i did not know this, someone just PM'd me saying theres a set with Health burst on which i didn't know.

Im gonna have to speak to some of my fishing buddies and get a public Charybdis set up on Europa, ain't done him in years and who knows maybe he does drop new better loot but no one knows as no one bothers to do him lol.