• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Campaign Statement - Holden Caulfield (BRITAIN) *Update - Withdraw/Concedes Race

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A campaign statement from Holden Caulfield, the underdog in Britain.

Dear Fellow UO Fans and Siege Players,

When I decided to run for Britain, I knew the odds were against me. But, I saw it as an opportunity to have some fun, and to try to bring life into an election that might otherwise be uneventful, even as my chances grow ever more dim.

A quick overview of my stance on issues I have seen brought up:
- Do I support insurance: NEVER, not in anyway.
- Do I want Siege to be like Trammel: Absolutely NOT, there are plenty of shards for me to choose from if I wanted that.
- Factions: I am very much against them getting rid of factions/replacing it. I do not like there only being a two-party VvV system in the works.

What I want to change most, if I may, I will call it: PLAYER VISIBILITY

The most frustrating thing, and most important issue to me these days is the forlorn landscape new players encounter. Oftentimes I see/overhear in general chat questions such as (and variations of these):
"Where do people hang out here?"
"I have wondered around for a few hours and only seen one (or none) people"
"Is anyone on Siege?"

And I think we all know the typical responses:
"Everyone here has stealth or is hidden"
"We don't banksit"

I want to be able to give an answer to the questions above, and my hope would be that answer is the West Brit Bank. My primary objective as governor would be to try to restore player interaction and visibility at the West Brit Bank through events and recruiting. I would work diligently on event ideas, completely different ones from the simple return to wbb/ghosts of wbb event from the other night. Yes, I even have some ideas where PvP and dying would/could be involved as well - even encouraged.

I would also like to request, while I have the podium, simple, everyday things that perhaps some players might do to bring about a slow, but permanent change. Just simple things you can do at anytime as a UO/Siege citizen - these are NOT EVENTS.

First a definition: Multi-Clienting: *Please know this is legal you simply double-click/launch UO two or more times and login. It is multiboxing/scripting that is illegal

1.) Are you thinking of training a skill/sparring someone to do it: Well how about you and your friend/guildie train at the West Brit Bank rather than in a house somewhere.

2.) Do you run a guild and have an account you don't use all that often, maybe it just holds a house or you don't have skills trained on it. Well what about writing up an interesting summary of your guild, website link, and standing at West Brit Bank every so often while you play on your main account. Include your ICQ number so a passing player can contact you if you are busy on another client.

3.) Have you opened a new vendor house that sells things people may not to think of looking for on "Vendor Search". Well again, how about writing up some things about your vendors and standing/advertising at West Brit Bank with an otherwise sparsely used character.

4.) Have an article of clothing you are proud of that is not blessed or not part of your main suit? Or maybe a rare pet that is not really for hunting? Well how about rather than it sitting in a chest/stable until the end of time, you show others by...*you guessed it*...wearing/bringing it to the West Brit Bank.

5.) Use West Brit Bank for all your banking needs, who knows who, or what you might just see.

* STATED AGAIN - these are not my EVENT ideas, these are just simple things you can do at anytime as a UO/Siege citizen.

And for my campaign song...(oh no, he did it!) Ignore the 'preachy stuff', I just really like the message as it reminds me a lot of the reason for my campaign and recent event:

The Underdog,
Holden Caulfield

Last edited:

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Supporters and Opponents,

With the odds growing increasingly against me, I have decided to withdraw from the election and enjoy a stress-less and obligation-free term. Britain is now a two-party competition.

Despite my low numbers, I feel in a way that I have already found a victory. And so I graciously accept my defeat and realize that sometimes when you lose, you really win...

Thanks Again,
Holden Caulfield

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have decided to withdraw from the election and enjoy a stress-less and obligation-free term.

Despite my low numbers, I feel in a way that I have already found a victory. And so I graciously accept my defeat and realize that sometimes when you lose, you really win...
Ye gods, I've never read so much losing condensed into one post before!

What you need is a campaign manager.

I'm not saying your opponents eat babies, but have you ever seen them and an uneaten baby in the same room together? Because I sure haven't.

Not to mention the strippers, drugs, and deviant sexual acts. They don't do ANY of those things! How are you supposed to put your faith in squares like that?

Next election cycle, get in touch, we'll hit the ground running. My fees are quite reasonable.