• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Call to Arms: Min/Maxers - Give me your forumulas!

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, everyone!

This is a summons to all readers of this forum. If you know of any formulas for any aspect of the game, please post them here, and if possible, a source link.

Why? I intend to make a universal spreadsheet. One where you can plug in your stats, attributes/properties, and skill values, and attempt to calculate what values are for various things.

For example, Setnaffa made an excellent spreadsheet in this thread in the Warrior forums, and I'd like to take that idea and run with it to the nth degree. For example, using this same format, how much does Anatomy and Dex affect how fast you can bandage? Little things such as this are not often easy to find, so I would like to make a central repository of all known formulas and how they intereact.

It's an ambitious project, I know, but it's one I'm slightly excited to be taking on. If possible, I'll also make a website out of it, or offer the material to be hosted here on Stratics.

So if you have some free time, or think it's a good idea, please contribute whenever possible. Thanks!

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An excellent source. Thank you! I never even thought to look there. So many formulas!

Oooo.. I can't wait! Thanks again. :D

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

and I will NEVER share it !! Muhahahah......

on a side note.... for anyone else that wants to do the work besides me... Copying all of the available FoF information into a Word Document so that you can keyword search was the first step I took and if there was someway to keyword search the FoF online that would be the way to go! All the "stuff" in UO changes so frequently that having the word directly from the horses mouth is the only real way to have the info.

V

von Beck

guild_leetness = 0.42 * ( noob_members / total_members )

uhall_thread_troll_count = 5.62 * poster_grammar + 0.593 * post_content

gm_response_time = issue_severity * 9 + ( 1 / solar_flare_activity ) * 54

bugs_per_patch = features_in_patch * 4.6 - days_on_tc1 * 0.2

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm STILL laughing. *wipes a tear*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* It is a worth while project.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what's funny about the weapon skill pages on UOGuide/Stratics?

They say nothing about any DI/HCI bonuses those skills might grant.

In fact, read as written, weapon skills only actually grant the ability to use special moves. That can't be right.

M

Mairut

Rofl. Thanks for that.
My favorite in bold. I think I've hear that before too.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update:

Work is well underway. Thus far, it's pretty close to being a good template developer. It allows you to assign skills within cap ranges, calculating basic values, and list all the properties on your items and determine their intensities.

It also shows other information that is normally scattered in one discrete place. For example, there's a list of all the skills, what skills can go to 120 with Power Scrolls, and the Primary and Secondary stat gains from training these skills. It also has information right on the first page that let a user know how to determine their Skill and Stat caps based on account age and with scrolls.

The next steps I'm hoping to get underway tonight will be summarizing the item properties a user puts in, determining if they exceed known caps, and factoring in item skill properties into effective skill levels.

Beyond that will be the more complicated issues, such as factoring skills, items, and item properties to determine damage, work out regen rates, DPS, spell casting times and damages, etc. That will obviously take much longer.

It's all done in Excel 2000, and uses some basic User Defined Functions. Ideally, this would do better as a .NET application, and I might get around to making one at some point, but that's in the future. The nice thing about being in a spreadsheet is that if anyone finds errors, such as improper values for the maximum intensity of item property values or stat caps, it's easily corrected and those corrections will carry through to every other calculation with ease.

Big shout-out to UO Guide. It's using a lot of information from there, and from the herald as well. Proper citation (Read - Links) is given when it's reasonable.

... Is it wrong that I'm having just as much fun making this thing as I do playing the game?

R

RavenWinterHawk

Max Whine=(I dont have *100)/(they have and I dont * unfair drop rate)