• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calculation for Dragon Breath Damage?

A

athlon

Is it based on how high the HP are (higher the HP the more damage, so a 2000 HP greater dragon does more damage than a 1500 HP greater dragon) or is it based on percentage of HP left out of max?

I was looking to ask this in FOF, but i cant find link to ask the developers, figured someone on here may know.

K

Kazumi the Wild

Is it based on how high the HP are (higher the HP the more damage, so a 2000 HP greater dragon does more damage than a 1500 HP greater dragon) or is it based on percentage of HP left out of max?

I was looking to ask this in FOF, but i cant find link to ask the developers, figured someone on here may know.
% of HP left out of max.

For some reason, tamed Greater Dragon's FB is bugged - instead of the 10% of current HP used for every other fire-breathing monster in the game (as far as I can tell, and this INCLUDES wild GDs), you get 20% of current HP.

Basically, despite halving your GD's HPs upon taming, your GD's breath weapon remains unchanged in damage from when it was wild.

I figure it to be 20% due to numerous uses, checked against resistances, and related to currentl level of damage to greater. 10% comes from experience with regular dragons, wild GDs, hell hounds, and nightmares.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

HP/5=Base Damage (capped at 200).
Then you apply your fire resists

By HP, I mean of course the remaining hitpoints.

S

Shaydow

% of HP left out of max.

For some reason, tamed Greater Dragon's FB is bugged - instead of the 10% of current HP used for every other fire-breathing monster in the game (as far as I can tell, and this INCLUDES wild GDs), you get 20% of current HP.

Basically, despite halving your GD's HPs upon taming, your GD's breath weapon remains unchanged in damage from when it was wild.

I figure it to be 20% due to numerous uses, checked against resistances, and related to currentl level of damage to greater. 10% comes from experience with regular dragons, wild GDs, hell hounds, and nightmares.
Taken from the UO Town Hall Meeting – Chicago 2008

http://www.uocraft.com/uo-town-hall-meetings/uo-town-hall-meeting-chicago-2008/

The Balance Pass:

Will likely be pushed as a publish in early 2009, prior to the release of Stygian Abyss.

Greater Dragon fire breath will be nerfed for balance. It is much too powerful as is.

A

athlon

Thanks all!

This may put HP's up as being as important or maybe more important than resists.

A 1k HP dragon would do about 200 damage to a mongbat then!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all!

This may put HP's up as being as important or maybe more important than resists.

lol, well at least you are racking up the 30 gold or whatever it is these days per mongbat. :p

K

Kazumi the Wild

Thanks all!

HP is important, but so are resists. FB doesn't happen all THAT often anyway, does it? Sometimes its twice in 10 seconds, sometimes its once in 20 seconds.

Resists, however, are checked very often, and can mean the difference between damage you can vet/GH through, and damage that you can't keep up with.

Of course, as always, its always a sliding scale of acceptability, rather than all-or-nothing. You're rarely choosing between average resists at max 1000 hp and perfect resists at average 750 hp, but rather differences in how much above average one is over the other.

Sophia

Visitor
Sorry to Necro. is this still true? I heard that stam now determines dragon breath damage, is it still hp? and 1k hp = 200 dmg base dragon breath pre resists and amplifiers like int-based-sdi?