• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying gametime code, how does everyone do it?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my uoaccounts subscription ended, i didn't receive a warning that the subscrition was due to end.

I visitited the origin store on firefox, I tried to sign in but the popup got blocked.
I then allowed the popup and still couldn't sign in. I allowed all the java script and still couldn't sign in. My browser is quite heavily locked down so I visited the origin site on Internet explorer!!
I tried to log in with my broadsword account, but this is not my EA account? I had to create a seperate EA account?
When i clicked on 6 month gametime code, it kept refreshing and changing it to 1 month game time code, after many attempts it came up with 6 month game time code.
Then when i went to purchase, I was told i had to accept 3rd parts cookies, so i had to drop the cookies setting from medium to low. I have never used internet explorer so I hadn't moved it off the default setting.

Then i was presented with a partially loaded page with my credit card details on, i then had to refresh that page to get it to load properly so i could submit.

Never before have i found it so hard to give someone my money.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sorry man, sounds like the issue is in your end.

Relax your security a little, which can probably be done by you Internet options.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
How is that possible?
Well, if you live in Denmark it is.

Billing Cycle: € 67,99* Ultima Online: 6 Month Subscription. ( DKR 505,46 or $72,95)

6 Month Game Time in Origin Store: DKR 339,00 (€45,60 or $48,91)

:smile2:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just put your card # in, but the code, they will send you a confirmation email, and then sometime next week you will get the actual code :rant2:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you paying for your VPN and could you provide some links to some reliable VPNs

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a grown up, with a job and a big boy credit card, I know not of this gametime thing you speak of.

:pirate:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a grown up, with a job and a big boy credit card, I know not of this gametime thing you speak of.

Me too, but the only card I will use for this is the old Greendot prepaid...which I only load for specific uses

My real money aint getting put out there for EA to get it jacked

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards

Here is how it looks in the Origin Store:

GameTime2.jpg

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and after 24 hours, i did not receive me gametime code.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
followed all the help on the origin store website, presented with a box that says:

Thanks for Contacting EA!
Please wait while we connect you to an EA Game Advisor.

Never moved.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now received a response from broadsword via email telling me:
Please ensure that when entering your code, you enter it using the format 6-5-5-5-5. For example, your code should look like this: 123456-12345-12345-12345-12345.

The code i have not received....

weeeeeeee

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now received a response from broadsword via email telling me:
Please ensure that when entering your code, you enter it using the format 6-5-5-5-5. For example, your code should look like this: 123456-12345-12345-12345-12345.

The code i have not received....

weeeeeeee
The store prefers verified cards or paypal. When you use one of those you get VIP service. They don't trust in you.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me too, but the only card I will use for this is the old Greendot prepaid...which I only load for specific uses

My real money aint getting put out there for EA to get it jacked
I wish I could like this several times. Any transactions I make online are done with prepaid cards.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
What is your VAT and how much are you paying for a VPN in order to log into an Origin.Com serving Denmark?
The prices above include VAT and may be as high as 25%. I don't need to use VPN, as I actually live in Denmark.

However, you can get free VPN (up to 500MB/Month) if you install the FREE Avira Security Suite! :smile2:

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The prices above include VAT and may be as high as 25%. I don't need to use VPN, as I actually live in Denmark.

However, you can get free VPN (up to 500MB/Month) if you install the FREE Avira Security Suite! :smile2:
So $49 US + %25 VAT (taxes are added last) so far that is $61 and now you add VPN fees and conversion fees from US to other currencies costs a lot more than $60US.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
So $49 US + %25 VAT (taxes are added last) so far that is $61 and now you add VPN fees and conversion fees from US to other currencies costs a lot more than $60US.
No, I PAY DKR 339,00 ($49,00) and that's it, no more no less.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now received another response from broadsword support:

Greetings,

As previously advised, to assist you with the purchase that you have recently made via Origin, please use the following method to review the status of your purchase:

1. Launch and log into the Origin Client installed on your PC. (If you do not have the Origin Client installed on your pc you may download and install via Origin)

2. Visit the 'My Games' section of the client once you have logged into the client

3. You should see a product code available on the 'My Games' screen which will then have a download button next to it. This should allow you to collect your code and continue to use with Ultima Online.

If you require further assistance, you will need to contact EA Origin for further assistance with this issue as they are the payment processor and issuer of codes.

Please contact EA Support for the reported issue here:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/#?product=origin&platform=pc

Best regards,

Broadsword Customer Support
Broadsword Online Games

I AM BEING TROLLED BY BROADSWORD!

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I use game time and Credit Card (master Card).

I load GTC an keep the CC als Backup

Never had an issue

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't we have that discussion a couple of weeks ago already? :p Prices outside the US are not coupled to the USD price. In theory they should adjust regional prices every once a while, but reality is they never adjusted them in years while currency exchange rates changed drastically in some of the cases.

It's been DKR 339 since forever and that's all a Danish person pays for it (VAT included in the price like in almost every european country!). That might have been worth $60 a couple years ago, they are apparently only worth $49 now, and they might have another value in a couple of months. But that's no matter to a Danish person, since he won't pay in USD but in DKR.

That being said, there is no conversion fees, as EA bills in DKR and the danish customer pays in DKR.

It's totally *not* like EA bills $60 and we have to pay whatever that's worth in our local currency. It's the same as if you buy an BMW or Mercedes in the US. They won't bill you in Euros, you just pay in your local currency.

Is it more clear now? (Did you read so far? ;P)

Last edited: