• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUYING Fencing Alacrity Scroll...

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are planning on using it above 70, then I wouldnt waste the gold. You become combat flagged each time you use the fencing skill and it prevents you from logging out and using the scroll very effectively.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

If you are planning on using it above 70, then I wouldnt waste the gold. You become combat flagged each time you use the fencing skill and it prevents you from logging out and using the scroll very effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT makes sense... i was wondering earlier "why the hell would you use an alacrity scroll here, with a cap of points per day".

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, the "pool" of skill gains available for a day should be viewed as 36 individual gains of .1, meaning if you were using an alacrity scroll you could get 36 individual gains of .2-.5 depending on your luck. You just need to log on quickly, use the skill to get your gain, then log out as quickly as possible. Then wait til your RoT timer is up and log on and repeat these steps. You can stretch the 15 minutes of the alacrity scrolls timer over several days this way and gain about 30.0 points of skill in a matter of a few days. So if you use an alacrity scroll you can use it very effectively on skills that do not flag you for battle and prevent you from instantly logging out. I find it best to raise the skill up to 80 using the regular method without the alacrity scroll then use the scroll to take you from 80 to 110 or higher. Remember your timers, 10 miuntes between gains for skill 80-99 and 15 minutes for skill of 99-120.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, the "pool" of skill gains available for a day should be viewed as 36 individual gains of .1, meaning if you were using an alacrity scroll you could get 36 individual gains of .2-.5 depending on your luck. You just need to log on quickly, use the skill to get your gain, then log out as quickly as possible. Then wait til your RoT timer is up and log on and repeat these steps. You can stretch the 15 minutes of the alacrity scrolls timer over several days this way and gain about 30.0 points of skill in a matter of a few days. So if you use an alacrity scroll you can use it very effectively on skills that do not flag you for battle and prevent you from instantly logging out. I find it best to raise the skill up to 80 using the regular method without the alacrity scroll then use the scroll to take you from 80 to 110 or higher. Remember your timers, 10 miuntes between gains for skill 80-99 and 15 minutes for skill of 99-120.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I could definately optimize the gains on those. I need one for Poisoning and Bushido. How much do those run for?

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

750k-1mil on the bushido
1mil-1.5mil on the poisoning

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha

The old fashioned way for this guy then.

Q

qqqa

any idea on

macing
anatomy
tactics

also what if you logged in, attacked an npc in your house, hide, then logged out. Does this still prevent you from instant log out?

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

also what if you logged in, attacked an npc in your house, hide, then logged out. Does this still prevent you from instant log out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it prevents you from instant logging.