• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Buying Blackrock Infected Boxes

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the IDOCS going on, I figured we'd see if anyone found anything interesting.

I prefer to pay and trade on Atlantic, but I may be willing to purchase on another shard if I have transportation there.

I will pay 1m for each box that I do not have.
These are the list of the ones that I DO have. Please understand that I may have missed a couple.

PM me if you have any that you'd like to sell. Thank you!

Aamon
Acid Elemental
Astaroth
Bechard
Be'elzebubba
Blazing Gargoyle
Blood Elemental
Brulefur
Collector of Souls
Crystal Lattice Seeker
Crystal Sea Serpent
Cthulhu
Cyclopean Warrior
Daemon Berserker
Dark Wisp
Dragon
Drake
Dull Copper Elemental
Earth Elemental
Elder Gazer
Eracove
Ettin
Fire Elemental
Flaming Gargoyle
Frost Troll
Gargoyle
Gazer
Glassyalabolas
Greater Dragon
Greater Mongbat
Guland
Gusoyn
Hael
Hiepacth
Ice Fiend
Kraken
Lich
Lich Lord
Marbas
Molech
Mummy
Nebirots
Ogre Lord
Ophidian Apprentice Mage
Ophidian Avenger
Ophidian Enforcer
Ophidian Knight-Errant
Ophidian Matriarch
Ophidian Shaman
Ophidian Warrior
Orcish Mage
Pentagnony
Poison Elemental
Pruslas
Rotting Corpse
Sand Vortex
Sea Serpent
Sergulath
Shadow Iron Elemental
Snow Elemental
Stone Gargoyle
Succubus
Sustugriel
Szavetra
Tarihimal
Terathan Avenger
Terathan Matriarch
Terathan Warrior
Titan
Troglodyte
Troll
Unfrozen Mummy
Water Elemental
White Wyrm
Wyvern
Y'reif Eci

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Swats post with her tail* Still looking!

Last edited:

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am on Atlantic, and recently got a Blackrock Infected box from a Dragon! at an IDOC! :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to be sorry! Still worth about 750k or so on a vendor. Good luck!

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks! You too! I hope you get all of the Blackrock Boxes your heart desires! ;)

hon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was looking at your list and just wondering if there was a place to find a list of all the names on the boxes. It would be nice to know so If its not that far off for me I would give it a go at getting them all.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the best of my knowledge, there is no list. Basically any creature could be infected by being exposed to someone who was infected by blackrock, but I believe only those that had a chance to drop a treasure map could drop a box.

So umm.. the list would be all the creatures that drop maps in existence in the world when the boxes were active. Heh.

Be a very, very hard list to make... I just collect those I don't already have and I'm happy with that. Two of my rp characters were blackrock infected (still are in rp) and so it makes sense to gather them to "study" or obsess over.
I think it'll be near impossible for people to have a complete set unless we could figure out a way to verify it via EA as we'd have to backtrack what was in existence and that includes event arcs at the time.

My brain hurts just thinking what the final count would be. :sad3:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Basically any creature could be infected by being exposed to someone who was infected by blackrock, but I believe only those that had a chance to drop a treasure map could drop a box.

I knew the tmap part was there for Paragon Chests, I don't think it was part of it for the BR ones. Any critter that turned infected had a chance at dropping one is what I seem to remember... but it was a good while back. Could be wrong as well. Will dig through all mine and cross reference with loot tables and see if I have any for critters that do not drop maps tomorrow.

And.. yeah, a complete set would be MASSIVE lol

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I think it was only those who dropped maps that could drop chests just like the paragon chests. I've seen a lot of blackrock infected boxes, but never one for any normal animal and I infected many a cat, deer and ridgeback in my prime. *grins*

Thanks for checking on it Kylie and let me know what you find out. I know you didn't get a box with every infection so I just may have been unlucky with the animals in my experience.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I think it was only those who dropped maps that could drop chests just like the paragon chests. I've seen a lot of blackrock infected boxes, but never one for any normal animal and I infected many a cat, deer and ridgeback in my prime. *grins*

Thanks for checking on it Kylie and let me know what you find out. I know you didn't get a box with every infection so I just may have been unlucky with the animals in my experience.
Yeah they follow the same rules as the Paragon chests afaik. That is if the monster can drop a map then the blackrock infected or paragon can drop a chest. Blackrock infected also followed the rule that they only happened in Fel or Tram or T2A dungeons or specials as long as they weren't already a kind of Paragon. Lady Melisande is the only one that i have heard of that didnt follow that rule. It took me and a friend 2 hours to get each of our Shadow Wyrm and Ancient Wyrm boxes.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few that I don't see on your list:
Astaroth
Sand Vortex
Shadow Iron Elemental
Daemon Berserker

The Daemon Berserker may be kind of rare. I don't think that mob came out until just before they switched off blackrock infecting. Though I think they were heavily farmed for the scythes. Anyway im on Catskills. Let me know if you want them or not and we can work something out.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love them! I'm willing to pay more for the daemon berserker. PM me your contact info and let me know if you have a price in mind for the berserker. Thank you very much!.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*thumps the thread with her tail* Still looking and paying!
I've added the following to my list of boxes I have. Thank you so much Gheed! You were an absolute delight to chat with!
Astaroth
Sand Vortex
Shadow Iron Elemental
Daemon Berserker

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one from "Baal". Its on Napa but the next time I can get a transfer over to Atlantic ill be sure to bring it for you.

Crotalus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I have a few that you don't have. But I would have a hard time letting them go for 1m ea... these boxes are pretty neat and the ones you don't have are increasingly rare.

Ba'al
Baal
Morail
Bulbous putrification
interred grizzle
xarot the black archmage

let me know if you would consider paying more and I might sell. or maybe something equally as neat to trade me for them. :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a price in mind, feel free to PM it to me and I'll let you know if it something I'd be willing to do rather than playing the back and forth game with offer, counter offer, etc. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now also have Glassyalabolas and Y'reif Eci - List has been updated!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still looking to buy ones I don't have.

I also have extra boxes for trade if you have duplicates and collect them as well. PM me a half list and which ones you have that I don't and we'll go from there!