• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

buying a bandage summoning talisman owned by noone

G

Just an FYI: the owned by no one property doesn't matter on Siege - as far as I know, they made them not blessed.

-Skylark

G

thats not true, you used to be able to get blesed tailsman, but they changed it so they no longer spawn.

Krystal still has a blessed tailsman of squirell33tness from when she got an owned by no one.

G

Hmm well mine became unblessed that I had right after ML launched.

-Skylark

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know ive seen one that said owned by noone . it was something dumb like snow leapard protection , so i didnt take it .
does that property just go poof when you put it on then ?

G

Been a LONG time, but I remember that I had a couple of "owned by no one" talisman for crafting given to me as gifts, not long after ML was launched. The way they worked, is they became blessed for the first person to equip them, and thus changed to "owned by <player_name>". Anyone could use them after that but they would only be blessed for the "owner". Well, we fussed about that being on Siege, so they corrected it.

The properties on my talisman didn't go away from what I can recall, just the blessing part when they made the change. I thought they made the change across the board for any existing "owned by no one" so that if equipped, no blessing would be attached, but given the track record in this area it wouldn't surprise me at all if the existing ones which had never actually been equipped by someone, and thus had "ownership" established, remained intact. *sighs*

*edit*

Finally found a developer reference to this issue mentioned by a player, and the actual dev post.

That was also the big publish where we got our Siege Bless.

-Skylark