• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buyers Beware

• Thread starter NewThunder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewThunder

I recently allowed a player to place a vendor at my Luna house. Unfortunately this player is selling an item that is highly suspect. They are selling Bottles of Water for 1,500,000 gold and claiming these can no longer be obtained. these Items can still be created ( I was able to make 10 Bottles of water tonight), though the steps to do so can not be listed in these forums. This vendor will be gone form my house in 5 days time, but I wanted to let everyone know that these items were not as the seller has claimed. I apologize to the legends community for providing this player a vendor spot, guess scammers are all around us.

A

Annienox

Sorry to hear you had to deal with him, but thanks for the honesty and the info.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we made a bunch of them one night.... so Thunder, did ya drop them all right in front of the vendor? :D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or set up a vendor next to it, "BOTTLED WATER, 1 GP!"

rofl

L

Lord Urza

lol then that dude will buy em up for 1gp and toss em on his vendor :eek:p

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

"Unfortunately this player is selling an item that is highly suspect."

You are refering to my vendor. What exactly are you acciussing me of?

"( I was able to make 10 Bottles of water tonight)",

If the item is highly suspect, why are you making them and why would you admit to it.

Are you also implying that the Brimstone, blackmoor, old hair dye, and old diamond can still be created.

I certainly understand the consern as a shop owner, but rather than ICQing me with your concern and asking me to pull the item, you come here and run your mouth. Although new to the shard, I've been on Great Lakes for some time as a council member of XV (one of the last honorable guild left on GL.I would never do anything that would put a black mark on my guild.
So your implications are insulting sir and the manor at which you conduct your shop.

I hope that the rest of my experiences with the remaing legends comunity will be more warming. I hope to see you on the field, that is if you ever leave Tram. You will find me on my red hookah blood.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have trouble getting positive reactions if our first introduction to you is a flame against a respected member of the Legends community.

I hope that this turns out to all be a honest misunderstanding of what is and isn't possible, but you should know that there is a rather strong consumer-protection sentiment in the culture of Legends.

N

NewThunder

"Unfortunately this player is selling an item that is highly suspect."

You are refering to my vendor. What exactly are you acciussing me of?

"( I was able to make 10 Bottles of water tonight)",

If the item is highly suspect, why are you making them and why would you admit to it.

Are you also implying that the Brimstone, blackmoor, old hair dye, and old diamond can still be created.

I certainly understand the consern as a shop owner, but rather than ICQing me with your concern and asking me to pull the item, you come here and run your mouth. Although new to the shard, I've been on Great Lakes for some time as a council member of XV (one of the last honorable guild left on GL.I would never do anything that would put a black mark on my guild.
So your implications are insulting sir and the manor at which you conduct your shop.

I hope that the rest of my experiences with the remaing legends comunity will be more warming. I hope to see you on the field, that is if you ever leave Tram. You will find me on my red hookah blood.

As a vendor owner, you should know the items you are selling and there source. Also I didn't imply anything, I simply informed the Legends community that an item being sold on a vendor at my shop could still be easily created. I never mentioned the other items you post; I also never mentioned your Character name.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

"I apologize to the legends community for providing this player a vendor spot, guess scammers are all around us."

That looks like a strong accusation to me. Not only that but i got some guy with a name the implys he is light fingered calling me a hacker all the way to the bank from your house. Nice touch of class.

Now if I had 20 val hammers, or some other item that has been duped over and over again, but I have never seen another bottle of water on a vender till today. and that vendor is at your house. So if its a exploit why would you put up a vendor seling the for 10k each. You banned me for seling them, come here to warn people of a scam and yet you place a vendor at your house with the phrase "there easy to make.

But you stated in your post the folowing:

"these Items can still be created ( I was able to make 10 Bottles of water tonight), though the steps to do so can not be listed in these forums"

So what is it, an exploit, or misleading item?

I have removed such item and vendor. It seem you are now the person that is "higly suspectable."

All my old school items came out of an idoc from about 3 years ago. I grabbed a bunch to take with me on tour to raise some cash. As far as I know is that at some point in the past you could buy such item from a innkeeper or bar. I apoliigize for my lack of knowledge on such items.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most everyone gets tricked at one time or another.... that you were led to believe that a bottle of water is somewhat rare is regrettable, as it is not

and to my way of thinking, it is no more an exploit than making endless water pitchers for gardening, but moderators will pull posts detailing how to produce these items, and I speak from experience... not long ago a post of mine on the rares forums describing steps to take to make the bottled water was pulled

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what is it, an exploit, or misleading item?
I wouldnt call it an exploit, jsut one of those little quirks in the code that does weird stuff. It doesn't give anyone an edge, jsut a simple bug. The exploit, IMO, is taking the item that costs 10gps, and trying to sell it for millions...

L

LiberatingLuT

What's wrong with selling something that costs 10 gp for 1.5 mill? In a free market it is never considered wrong or unfair.

N

NewThunder

What's wrong with selling something that costs 10 gp for 1.5 mill? In a free market it is never considered wrong or unfair.
Let him do it at your house then! What was wrong was the description tag that was included with the item, that to me constitutes a fraud.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is where the seller has no response and why Thunder was right. If he had left the item unlabeled at 1.5 mil that still sucks and is misleading since he is hoping to get a newbie or uninformed player to buy it. But if he had it labaeled Event Item or True Rare or Cant be made any longer then yes its absolutly a scam and fraud.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

I didn't use either of those two words, "rare" or "event" in my description. I tagged it as "old school", meaning an item you can no longer purchase from a vendor.

rare

• adjective (rarer, rarest) occurring very infrequently.

If you can no longer buy this item, its not for sale frequently, or can be made without an exploit. is it rare?

I pulled my price from a search of a vendor on LS. That one is selling for 2 mill.

Misleading? Maybe. Misunderstanding? more like it. But why would you ban a vendor, come on stratics run your mouth, than make a bunch and put them on your vendor? A simple ICQ saying "hey, please remove such item cause I have a problem with it" would have done the trick.

L

LiberatingLuT

I didn't use either of those two words, "rare" or "event" in my description. I tagged it as "old school", meaning an item you can no longer purchase from a vendor.

rare

• adjective (rarer, rarest) occurring very infrequently.

If you can no longer buy this item, its not for sale frequently, or can be made without an exploit. is it rare?

I pulled my price from a search of a vendor on LS. That one is selling for 2 mill.

Misleading? Maybe. Misunderstanding? more like it. But why would you ban a vendor, come on stratics run your mouth, than make a bunch and put them on your vendor? A simple ICQ saying "hey, please remove such item cause I have a problem with it" would have done the trick.
It's a case of the "pot calling the kettle black". You seem like a reasonable person, if you weren't than you most likely wouldn't be on here explaining your side of things. Maybe some people use exploits to make them, but it can be an honest mistake if you thought it was a true rare.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So youre saying you looked at every vendor on Legends and couldnt find a price check for it and then went to other shards and looked (ingame) til you found someone else selling this same item?

Wouldnt it have been faster if you were using such a method to farm a couple mil through pvming then the time it would logically take to actauly run accross mutiple shards to find a price check on an obscure item?:coco:

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

We've been on multiple shards so far. This is our 3rd one so far. You learn quick as to what shops have the high end stuff and what not.

V

Vyal

Ya'll came to Legends wanting to do what? Run spawns? Don't make me laugh, either we gonna stop you or LD gonna stop you. The guilds that run spawns on Legends arn't people you can stop. Ya I seen ya'll sneak one off but like I told you that will be the only one ya'll get off this shard. Best advice is do peerless become trammys and stay outa fel or at least come to yew gate and see how ya'll stack up against the clearly better guilds.

How many times have guilds from GL came to Legends and got spanked back to GL? anyone, anyone?
Trying to scam people on Legends :(

:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

BTW the only good shop on Legends is the six vendors in the top left corner of Luna.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've been on multiple shards so far. This is our 3rd one so far. You learn quick as to what shops have the high end stuff and what not.
So how does being on three shards make it so youre magically able to pull a price quote?

So is that a yes or a no that you got youre quote bye shopping ingame or not?

I mean that was a pretty specific qoute for an item that doesnt come up for sale often for you to get on from a shard youre not even currently on.

Please enlighten us since you are deterimined to claim you are 100 percent an honest player and not scamming. Explain to me how you are able to broker in a manner that no one is able to do fast and honestly these days for the harder to find items. Because unless you search bye clicking a thousand bags how would you possibly be able to get a price on this item so fast.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

Explain to me how you are able to broker in a manner that no one is able to do fast and honestly these days for the harder to find items. Because unless you search bye clicking a thousand bags how would you possibly be able to get a price on this item so fast.
Well lets see, you can throw out venders that say:

1. anything that has to do with leather, kegs, regs, ingots, spell books, crafted things,120 scrolls, BODS, Armor, plants, price busters, cheap, gold skull, stealables,repair this repair that, cheap deco, good deals, B-kit armor, ect ect ect... That should knock it down a few hundred vendors.

2. you can skip any vendor thats not named, cause if you got anything worth a crap your going to promote it. this should get you closer.

3. you look for vendors named: rare, uquine, leet, Uber, godly, or other strange name that catch your attention when you run by. IE the $ix house that has vendors named "LD can kiss my...."

That concludes todays lesson on shopping across other shards

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

Ya'll came to Legends wanting to do what? Run spawns? Don't make me laugh, either we gonna stop you or LD gonna stop you. The guilds that run spawns on Legends arn't people you can stop. Ya I seen ya'll sneak one off but like I told you that will be the only one ya'll get

How many times have guilds from GL came to Legends and got spanked back to GL? anyone, anyone?
Trying to scam people on Legends :(
I don't think we mentioned anything about why we're here. Not sure who this LD fellow your talking about is. We haven't snuck anything. We did despise like 6 times the other night. Were not here to dominate, or run anything. GL was over run by guilds that could simply out run us. So we figure we take a trip see what else is out there and have some fun.

Two this about us.
1. We return dropped items. (even if we get killed during the process, and then ressed kill)
2. If we ofer you a res. were not going to gank you when you take it.

Can't say we aint going to talk some smack but we try to keep it on the friendly side. So hope to see you on the field and lets have some fun.

V

Vyal

Stupid noob :loser::loser::loser::loser:

I just destroyed one of your noobs at yew gate looks like he got some nuts. I even had time to put my guy on auto run and type good night before he died.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

Let me see if I got this right. You play a no skill required, 3 macro, blue bush archer. I remember you coming in the star room dead, crying about being ganked cause you could run fast enough and that we would never do another spawn. So what was it that upset you so much? The fact that a bunch of noobs got you, or that the 100 pots, aids, chiv, running couldn't save you? Please don't refer to our nobbs as stupid. Maybe silly but not stupid

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stupid noob :loser::loser::loser::loser:

I just destroyed one of your noobs at yew gate looks like he got some nuts. I even had time to put my guy on auto run and type good night before he died.
Your a dismount tamer. Your dragon most likely killed him from the guard zone.

And honestly I dont know why its a big deal he tried to sell water for 1.5. If someone bought it, then they shouldnt be spending gold on stuff they dont know about.

I didnt see anyone coming here, when a certain shop owner was selling logs that had been turned with a house decorating tool for two mil....

I think its cool Thunder tried to warn the community but it got blown way out of hand.

Good to see that drama queens keep legends going strong.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

Ya'll came to Legends wanting to do what? Run spawns? Don't make me laugh, either we gonna stop you or LD gonna stop you. The guilds that run spawns on Legends arn't people you can stop. Ya I seen ya'll sneak one off but like I told you that will be the only one ya'll get off this shard.
Heck why do spawns when $ix and there Allies are willing to give them to us.

L

Lightning

You guys on Legends are idiots (not all on this thread, but most). It's af ree market, he didn't claim it to be a rare. You guys can toss stones through a computer with no fear of retaliation. Rabbit's a good guy, and a fair trader. Had you said "so and so's vendor has a water thingy for sale for 2 mil claiming it to be old school.... why is it old school when you can still buy them?" He'd have fixed it immediatly. Have none of you been informed something is "uber rare", put it up for sale, and were then told it wasn't? Get over yourselves, and realize that people make mistakes. NOt only that, but if you don't want to buy it - DON'T. It would be one thing had he said "UBER RARE WATER FOR SALE>>> BUY BUY BUY QUICK WHILE IT LASTS". BOom, instant reason to prevent it from being sold. Secondly, find somethign better to do? We have all bought things overpriced, or things that were sold overpriced. MOnk's robe is one I can think of. How many accusatory posts did you make when those things were attempted to be sold for 50 mil when you can get them in yew? MOVE ON PEOPLE< THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE.:coco:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, a few more endorsements like that is all he needs.

(edited to be more welcoming)

S

Sorna

And I thought this was a thread about a simple bottle of water worth next to nothing that someone was selling for tons of money.

The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.