• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido Trainning

• Thread starter TheLostKnight
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

TheLostKnight

Greetings everyone! I have another problem to submit unto you! I am trying to figure out what is the most efficient way to train the skill Bushido from 105-120. I have already studied the question on my own and I was unable to find a decent solution.

Difficulties:
- The only spell that allows you to gain past 100 is Momentum Strike.
- You need two enemies besides you to be able to cast that spell.
- You need to have mana available to be able to cast the spell continually; something which is less likely to be possible while you are fighting monsters.

Ideas used which were considered and supposed to help but were not significant:
- Lowering your total amount of skills using a soultone to train with a smaller amount of skill points.
- Training discorded by a Satyr on Dark Wisps by casting Lightning Strikes. (Difficult to maintain but this is my best solution until now.)
- Training on Dark Wisps by casting Momentum Strike at Spirituality Champion Spawn.

I have an armor set with lots of mana increase and regen and I was running out of mana all the time. I continued to train anyways and all I was able to notice is that my skill gain was very slow. The training process was always interrupted because I ran out of mana or I had low hit points. Let me know if you find a better way then that.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually see people using lightning strike, beating the snot out of a cat or a rabbit. It is very slow and you will generally run out of mana pretty quickly. You will be able to 120 it though.... eventually! Make sure you have as much HCI when doing this btw.

Your 2nd option would be going to the Painted Caves (Near Trinsic) and momentum strike trogs. There are always lots of targets in there so this is doable but will still be slow gains.

T

TheLostKnight

I have been doing this on Miasma for a long while and I don't get any gains at all. This is by using the skill gain garantee system which gives you .1 point here and there VERY rarely if you did not get any gains for a while. In fact, I am not even sure if it is possible to use it because I don't think that it's activated when the difference between your skill and the minimum skill to cast the spell which you are casting is smaller then 50. It is far from being optimal but it's maybe one possible way to do it. Thank you.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A few thoughts:

1) Just want to confirm you are scrolled to 120 bushido first.

2) Do you have room to gain skill below your cap (or have another skill set to go down)?

3) You can LS all the way to 120. Yes, it is slower than hitting 120 weapon skill or tactics. Just LS on every hit you make on a monstet.

There are some tricks like hitting a tame (i.e. Bunny or horse) with LS when you are unguilded (so you don't kill the tame). I usually confidenece and counter attack to 70 and then LS on the tame from 70 to 100. Then I train the rest as I'm training weapon skill. Yomatsu Warriors are great for hitting 120 weapon skill and you can work your bushido simultaneously. Use a HML weapon with honor so you are recouping mana throughout.

Finally, the Stratics UO Warrior forum has tons of threads on ways to train and suit your warrior. Head over there and check it out.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Caldwin_DDP

- You need to have mana available to be able to cast the spell continually; something which is less likely to be possible while you are fighting monsters.
And silly me I was using a weapon with mana leech. rolleyes:rolleyes: