• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido skill.....missing in action

M

Mush

Has anyone else created a new character recently with bushido?

Have searched for an answer for this but not found anyone with a similar problem, and have tried the gm's but I'm usually politely asked to send them an email that gets lost, passed around a bit, and then finally eaten by the dog.

I created a new bushido character yesterday and after sorting out my equipment, screens, and a few trips here and there I decided to sort my skill list out so I can keep track of how little I gain....and to my suprise my bushido skill wasnt listed!

I still gain in it, but atm cannot set it to decrease or stop gaining cause its nowhere to be seen:(

Anyone help with this or have had similar problems?

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you looking under all 4 sections? Bushido is not on the combat list. Nor on the Lore list. It's either on the actions list or misc. list.

M

Mush

I have indeed, several times.....at first I thought it was my old eyes decieving me, but its not anywhere:(

M

Mush

A good question....not to my knowledge, my other characters that I have created in the past all show bushido in their skill lists if that helps. Just created another new char just to test it and again, no bushido skill:(

G

GFY

A good question....not to my knowledge, my other characters that I have created in the past all show bushido in their skill lists if that helps. Just created another new char just to test it and again, no bushido skill:(
Could you have moved it to another listing?

M

Mush

Unfortunately not, it doesnt appear anywhere in the listing to begin with and I didnt think there was a way to add a skill to it:(

Just had a friend try creating a new account and bushido shows up in his skill listings, so it must be something to do with my version of uo, may have to reinstall the thing again:( 3 weeks of patch downloading for me!

G

GFY

Check every line of the gump before you do. It would be a shame to do all that if it were on a different line all along.

M

Mush

Yes indeed, tyvm for your help...I may even wait to see what ea have to say regarding it, if I get a positive response I will post it here in case anyone else has similar problems:)

S

Sir Kenga

It's not too rare. Logout and close UO. U have to go to your UO folder, go to Desktop, find folder with right account, go inside, find folder with your char name (the one having bushido problems). And DELETE that folder. After that u can login again and skill list should be fine.

T

Teeshy

What Sir Kenga said should work =) But on the off chance that it doesn't, if you have a character that *does* have it in their skill list, copy the "skillgrp.mul" from their folder to the one you are having the problem with

I had weird stuff happen with mine heaps of times, no idea why =P I ended up copying the "skillgrp.mul" to a safe place so I had a "clean" copy of it to move around =)

*edits* I think there should also be a copy of that file in the main UO game folder, which I *think* is the one that gets "copied" each time you create a new character, so if that one is corrupted in any way, it would copy over to new characters with missing info too

S

Sir Kenga

I had weird stuff happen with mine heaps of times, no idea why =P I ended up copying the "skillgrp.mul" to a safe place so I had a "clean" copy of it to move around =)
For some wierd reason this work not 100%. Clean copy is a good idea, but i always forget to make one when re-install UO =)