• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido Paladin

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just wanted to ask a few questions and maybe get some tips for moving forward.

Skills(I can go to 720)
120(120) Swords
101(120) Chivalry
110(120) Bushido
99 (115) Anatomy
110(110) Tactics
60 (120) Parry
90 (120) Resist

I'm still training I have no soul stones so some skills I dropped moving from a sampire to a bushido paladin.
As soon as I am able to find some PS for taking some of these to 120 I will pick them up but it's slim pickins on Baja.

My starter suit - Resist all 70s/HCI 38/DCI 38/DI 65/HPR 2/LMC 26/SSI 10/MI 15/SI 15/HLD 30
Str 105(119) Dex 139(150) Int 10, My account is 5years old. My stats max at 255.
-Should I drop Dex to 125 and bring Str to 125?

My Weapons
Crafted Broadsword, HSL28/HLL81/HML81/DI40/ I can hit 2.25 swing speed with DF but it's still seems so slow.
Soul Seeker
I cannot find any slayers and I need a new trinket I think due to it causing me to take double dmg vs Repond?

I am only using Quiver of Infinity, Mace and Shield, and Conjurer's Trinket. Artifacts listed to use for this build are not available for purchase anywhere on my shard. I made this suit with limited use of runics and arties. My weapons are not very impressive. I cannot find anyone who will make some and I burnt through every copper runic I could find on Baja. I have a crafter almost at 120 imbuing just not quite there yet.

Ok so I am struggling badly with killing anything shame lvl 3. Flame elementals I can kill but its hit or miss. Some days I run through them some days I die over and over and I just can't kill one. Poison and Air Elemental s wreck me, so do molten earth ele. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I mean I thought I did a good job for my first suit attempt and I do a lot better with it over my old suit. I want to work up to peerless and things like that. There is so much I have not seen in the game yet the hardest things I've fought are probably shame lvl 3. I have not even seen the harder stuff. I'm not sure I could even handle mini spawns, I've never seen them. My account is five years old but it's mostly old school. Any help would be great.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah. 2.25 swing is your problem...

Is your suit crafted, or are you just slogging around grabbing a shame arty as you can? Something seems wonky.

Broadsword is 13 ticks/swing. 150 dex takes that down to 8, and 25 SSI should take down down to 6 ticks (1.5 seconds), so that maybe isn't your problem. Just math, or typing skills?

Can you be more specific about your suit?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few observations for further discussion. It appears you are trying to stay alive without actual healing. The low swing speed on your weapon is a real disadvantage and makes your HLL,HML,HSL ineffective. You do not list a slayer property on your weapon, but an elemental slayer would make a huge difference.. Your HCI and DCI are low, and using DF lowers you DCI by another 10 points. You need to describe the type of material you used for your suit. I would explore how to get both Str and Dex higher, rather than dropping one to raise another, because they are both low.

Katrena

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey sorry for the late response. I am using a fully crafted suit. I'm on Baja and I cannot find anything I need really, even when gold isn't an issue. I found 2 SSI jewels that have 10% on each from shame I started using them and it has been going much better. With DF I can now get my swing speed to 1.5s, I think it's 1.75s without DF using my broadsword. I cannot find a slayer wep to save my life and I am trying to work up to abyss spawns. My imbuing right now is at 108. I'm pretty much doing everything on my own right now and buying nothing since it's pretty dead. I'm using chiv for healing also, no FC or FCR on the suit, which causes me to run and heal most times. I can't stay alive really to farm for the ingredients.

My suit is plate arms, gorget, and hands. I used chain mail for the chest and legs only because after about 2 days of breaking the armors during enchancement I got frustrated. I could only find a +30 ash to go with my legendary BS. I have been enhancing mainly with agi due to the fact I have 16k worth for some reason. I figured it was bad to use chain, but I still try to craft new plate pieces every time I log in. I craft until I find the res I like, reforge, enhance, imbue. No POF as of yet nothing worth it imo. I am an Elf also, so my int is locked at 10. I have 45 mana to use. I can chain lightning but not AI. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this response is gonna be lame.... my home shards is baja also.. and you only see me there on occasion due to the issues you are having.

Maybe trade some gold to alt... buy what you need and see if someone can shard the items you need back to baja for you cheap to free... during a trip.

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've considered moving to a higher pop shard but I have max slots all trained and I would not want to pay 15 for each. I honestly couldn't go without them all. I just couldn't justify it to the wife to pay the cost of switching. That being said if anyone here is on Baja and wants to get into some stuff regularly let me know. I have considered Atlantic. How is it? Maybe if I get some extra cash I will take the plunge.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Chain and plate are pretty much the same, stat-wise. Both give the same amount of stamina protection as they're metal armour. They only differ in their base resists.
So stop wasting resources on trying to make plate pieces, as you will gain pretty much nothing from it.

Regarding imbuing, you don't need the special materials unless you're imbuing the max weight of the property. 6 x 7 lmc works slight worse than 5 x 8 lmc because you're spending an extra imbuing slot to reach the cap, but it will still serve you well enough till you can farm those spawns with more ease.
And since you're focusing on shame right now, the elemental slayer imbuing ingredient (vial of vitriol) can be acquired at the acid slimes at the entrance of the underworld. Imbue or reforge a whirlwind weapon with spell channelling, add life leech, mana leech to it and hit that spot. Whirlwind till you have enough vials to imbue a slayer weapon. Then start farming UEVs. They will give you void orbs that will allow you to imbue max life/mana/stam leech.
They hit a bit hard, but otherwise are very easy to kill, since they lack spellcasting abilities.

I wish I could help you with gear, but I am at Legends. Were you there, I'd supply you with some quality slayer weapons for you to finish training your bushido paladin.

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the help. A few questions. Should I use a runic to get the leech on my wep then slayer then add the other leeches? I know once I try to add HLL and HML to my weapon I am not able to do slayer or it's really low success rate. I go to the royal city forge for the bonus. Also, which wep would you suggest for WW? Some things I read suggest an axe and some suggest leaf blade. Just curious on your opinion on those, as far as dmg and speed go. Also, why spell channeling?

Last edited:

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've considered moving to a higher pop shard but I have max slots all trained and I would not want to pay 15 for each. I honestly couldn't go without them all. I just couldn't justify it to the wife to pay the cost of switching. That being said if anyone here is on Baja and wants to get into some stuff regularly let me know. I have considered Atlantic. How is it? Maybe if I get some extra cash I will take the plunge.
no no.no
. not leaving for good...

seeing if someone will trade ya some gold... for atl gold.. going on a shopping spree... having someone shard gear back to your shard.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the help. A few questions. Should I use a runic to get the leech on my wep then slayer then add the other leeches? I know once I try to add HLL and HML to my weapon I am not able to do slayer or it's really low success rate. I go to the royal city forge for the bonus. Also, which wep would you suggest for WW? Some things I read suggest an axe and some suggest leaf blade. Just curious on your opinion on those, as far as dmg and speed go. Also, why spell channeling?
Reforge spell channelling on it, since imbuing it requires silver snake skin. And weapons with SC don't take damage from the slime acid splashes.
For my slayer weapons, I often reforge 100% elemental instead of hit life leech as suggested by most people here. Then I powder and imbue them to my liking, usually super slayer, max hit life leech, max hit mana leech, hit max hit lower defence/hit stam leech, 40 or 50 DI depending on my suit.

Regarding the weapon, double axes are pretty good but for this task in particular, I suggest a radiant scimitar. You will be able to swing it faster, and the acid slimes don't have too much HP.
There are a lot of them, though, so you need to be able to swing fast to keep leeching enough life to stay alive. You may want to consider adding stamina leech to the weapon as well.
Also, goblins there drop goblin blood, which is used for repond slayer and the undead gargoyles at the abyss Ter Mur entrance drop undying flesh, for undead slayer.
Those two types of enemies are rather weak and easy to dispose of. Take advantage of that.

Now, regarding hunting in Shame, with the gear you currently have, prefer to fight Clay Golems over Mud elementals e flame elementals.
Mud elementals have 120 wrestling, so you will be missing fairly often. They also have a special attack that slows down your swing rate. Flame elementals fire breath can ruin one's day, and sometimes you end up having to tackle two at once, which often means death if you're not properly geared up.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention. When building these starting suits, worry only about getting 70+ on physical, fire and energy. High 50s to mid 60s will do for poison resist and low 50s will do for cold resist.
You very seldom fight stuff with 100% poison or 100% cold damage when PVMing, so they can be relegated to imbue other, more needed mods.
Remember, right now you don't need a perfect suit. You need a functional one. 7 lmc and 7 stam inc are a must on every piece, 8 stam inc if you have the resources from lumberjacking. MI or MR can be nice too.

Last edited:

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My suggestion would be to look into a Sampire skill-set, and use slightly quicker weapons. The Sampire is both more new player friendly, and easier to handle with a less high end suit. If you use the same weapons you are using now, you have the 20% natural leech from VE, and the weapon's hll. Another issue you might be having is the Bushido Paladin is ideally operated with a 100% HLL weapon. (because at the 81% your using it doesn't leech A. often enough, and B. a high enough total.) With your current weapon your ability to heal(with leech) is less then VE, which when compounded with a slow attack speed is just going to get you killed. Ideally a Bushido Paladin has 20-25ssi on the suit (none on weapon, 100% hll weapon) and 180-195 stamina.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I often reforge 100% elemental instead of hit life leech as suggested by most people here. Then I powder and imbue them to my liking, usually super slayer, max hit life leech, max hit mana leech, hit max hit lower defence/hit stam leech, 40 or 50 DI depending on my suit.

Regarding the weapon, double axes are pretty good but for this task in particular, I suggest a radiant scimitar. You will be able to swing it faster, and the acid slimes don't have too much HP.
IMO, This idea of building a weapon for a Bushido Paladin is a bad idea, especially with a faster lower HLL weapon like a radiant simatar. The idea being that a 100% Hll weapon is a reliable source of health. If you are capping at 70-80%Hll depending on weapon you are leaching 20-30% less often ie less reliable heals. and you are leeching 5-8% Less health as well. This is an EXCELLENT way to build a weapon for a sampire, whom has a natural 100%/20% leech. NOT for a bushido paladin.

Regarding the faster weapon radiant scimitar, it is a great weapon choice for WW on a Sampire, but again were being asked about a Bushido Paladin. You cannot get 100% hll on a radiant scimitar, which brings up the same issues as above. Beyond that the bushido paladin relies on the higher dmg output of heavier weapons to reliably leech life.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IMO, This idea of building a weapon for a Bushido Paladin is a bad idea, especially with a faster lower HLL weapon like a radiant simatar. The idea being that a 100% Hll weapon is a reliable source of health. If you are capping at 70-80%Hll depending on weapon you are leaching 20-30% less often ie less reliable heals. and you are leeching 5-8% Less health as well. This is an EXCELLENT way to build a weapon for a sampire, whom has a natural 100%/20% leech. NOT for a bushido paladin.

Regarding the faster weapon radiant scimitar, it is a great weapon choice for WW on a Sampire, but again were being asked about a Bushido Paladin. You cannot get 100% hll on a radiant scimitar, which brings up the same issues as above. Beyond that the bushido paladin relies on the higher dmg output of heavier weapons to reliably leech life.
That weapon will be used to farm for vial of vitriol at the acid slimes on Underworld so he can make a proper elemental slayer weapon to brace shame.
A radiant scimitar is more than enough there, and the idea is to kill as many slimes as fast as possible to maximize the farming. This weapon will even be discarded after, since once you start killing UEVs, you will have no shortage of vials of vitriol.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That weapon will be used to farm for vial of vitriol at the acid slimes on Underworld so he can make a proper elemental slayer weapon to brace shame.
A radiant scimitar is more than enough there, and the idea is to kill as many slimes as fast as possible to maximize the farming. This weapon will even be discarded after, since once you start killing UEVs, you will have no shortage of vials of vitriol.
As a single weapon purely for farming slimes, it is ok. But just to be clear as far as any real hunting goes(while he is bush paladin) he is going to want 100% Hll.

as an example say he deals 100 dmg per hit.
If he goes Sampire, he leeches 20 health (before any hll mods he has on top of that.) effective healing over 5 hits 100 health
If he is not VE and has a 100% Hll weapon (he leeches 100% of the time on avg 15 health) effective healing over 5 hits 85 health
if he is not VE and has a 80% Hll weapon ( he leeches 80% of the time on avg 12 health) effective healing over 5 hits 50 health

(Disclaimer: This is just quick math done in my head as an example, actual numbers may vary to some degree, but these are for the most part accurate depictions of Hll.)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Your first goal needs to be optimizing your SSI and total stamina to ensure you can swing your weapon at 1.25s. You will not do well as as a "life leech warrior (whether sampire, curse weapon, or near 100% HLL) without keeping up your swing speed.

zombie187

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Update. Thanks for all the help. I did the slime thing and made my slayer wep last night. Its on an axe but I am thinking about making a new broadsword since I have what I need to do it. I do over 200 dmg on fire elementals now and can kill 2 at once, air elementals for some reason I do 10dmg to. I am going to rework my suit today to increase some things. I found a ring and brace in shame that are pretty nice for now. I picked up the max stats scroll that I thought I had already, it was on my tamer. Here is where I am at.

Suit all 70s/HCI 38/DCI 23(down15)/DI 95(up30)/HPR 2/LMC 26/SSI 20(up10)/MI 15/SI 15/HLD 30

My stats have changed now also to 125dex(+17 from jewels) 115str and 10int(+15 from jewels) My stamina is sitting at 164 and my hp is at 115(123 with pots) This has been a huge help also. At 164 even when I lose a little against UEV I stay at 1.5speed. No longer needing DF unless to refresh my stam. I do however find I need to run once in awhile, for some reason I can't hit them and they pummel me from time to time. Does this have to do with their wrestling skill?

It's amazing what a slayer and adding 10 more ssi did for me. I am going to add HCI on all my items for my new suit. Then Stam/LMC before anything else. I had a question about the trinket, if the trinket gives undead slayer it also means I take double from repond correct? Or is that just a weapon thing. Also, not matter what I seem to do I cannot get 100% HLL on my wep. I found 3 more copper runics. Should I do powerful>vamp? Do I need to be 120 to get the 100%? I've never seen 100% and I've burnt through about 10 runics so far. Again thanks everyone for the help, because of this thread I am progressing and not as frustrated.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Correct undead slayer talisman will make you take double dmg from reponds.
Copper > Powerful> Grand> whatever is right below Grand allowing you to choose> Vampire
Not sure on the level requirement for 100% I've always used a 120 skill normally get either a 100% hll or a 100%hml per hammer.

And when in doubt ask, plenty of people around to get you back facing the right direction. :)

Keep in mind DF isnt only for refreshing stam, its bonus dmg inc hci and ssi.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Glad to hear that you're being able to progress. :)

The thing with UEVs likely has to do with their wrestling, yes. When that happens, try to toss a DF to increase your HCI to increase your hit chances, and thus making HLD come into effect.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Because UEVs are a very predictable environment, I made a suite specific for UEV killing - and I made it out of metal. This way, UEV hits basically never drop my stamina. Only when I fight 2 at once and they both hit me at the exact same time, which the combat engine seems to could as a single hit for 34 instead of 2 for 17, do I lose stam.