• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido/Paladin OR Sampire?

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a question..
i'm a player that play solo very often. so i need a char that can play solo very well.
but...
what template its better for a player who go soloing?
Now i have a Paladin Template, but when i'm dying i need to recharge bandage.
its better to not have dependence of bandage. so template like sampire it's better?
i watch a bushido/paladin template (The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)) i'm curiously...
better classic sampire template or pure bushido/paladin build? i need a veteran player for this answer

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I personally think the sampire is a more durable template for the majority of uses. There are certainly encounters where you cannot leech sufficient life and a template with healing skill or other damage mitigation methods is important.

I think the modern Paladin with 100 HLL is an advanced template/setup and is reserved for those who can pull all of the gear together to support the character. I wouldn't start here. I would go with the sampire, and as you gain skill and riches consider if the Paladin is right for you.

-OBSIDIAN-

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally think the sampire is a more durable template for the majority of uses. There are certainly encounters where you cannot leech sufficient life and a template with healing skill or other damage mitigation methods is important.

I think the modern Paladin with 100 HLL is an advanced template/setup and is reserved for those who can pull all of the gear together to support the character. I wouldn't start here. I would go with the sampire, and as you gain skill and riches consider if the Paladin is right for you.

-OBSIDIAN-
There is no difference between Sampires and Dragoons (Bushido Paladins) wehen it comes to tainted life leech auras. Both HLL Weapon and Vampiric embrace do not work there. Both can stone e.g. anatomy and take healing skill. Or heal with confidence, bushido paladins can even cast close (with 120 chiv and max karma 40 hp heals) wounds while under the protection spell so i think they are slightly better there.

The suits for Dragoon´s are more expensive. Obsidian is right. Starting with a sampire is much more cheaper

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have a question..
i'm a player that play solo very often. so i need a char that can play solo very well.
but...
what template its better for a player who go soloing?
Now i have a Paladin Template, but when i'm dying i need to recharge bandage.
its better to not have dependence of bandage. so template like sampire it's better?
i watch a bushido/paladin template (The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)) i'm curiously...
better classic sampire template or pure bushido/paladin build? i need a veteran player for this answer
Neither.

There's no difference. Either can be as advanced or basic as your means and knowledge allow you to build. I think you're better off looking at what you solo rather than what you solo it with. Everything has pros and cons. There's obviously no point building one amazing template if the thing(s) you fight are not most vulnerable to that template (or in most cases wouldn't require it at all).

If you're dying at all it isn't working for you and you should make adjustments/adapt to the thing(s) that caused you to die rather than hopping blindly from someone elses template to someone elses template hoping it's the 'one template to rule them all'. It just doesn't work that way.

Bandages have pros and cons like everything else. They can be blocked, slowed, slip. But they also work even if you miss, can heal, cure, and res, and you can counter most of the cons with template/setup. Again you have to think about how you're using them and what against.

You need to think outside the box, not just in someone elses, think about how skills work together. For example everyone is raving about refinements at the moment, but when you look at it they have 75's resists, 20 DCI, they could use Stone Form and have high resists and keep 45 DCI, it's swings and roundabouts. A lot of dexxers are terrified of playing out of Protection because they never learned (or found it too hard) to play a caster, yet 4/6 Weaving/Chivalry/Ninjitsu are AMAZING for dexxers.

Spellweaving has a huge list of pros for survivability on a dexxer. Gift of Life (so you don't need to leave to get bandages etc if you die), Attunement (blocking melee damage), Gift of Renewal (heals for quite a long time through all forms of damage/heal blockers), Mana Shield (the potential to half ANY incoming damage - for example fire breath!), Summons (for distraction, range, and in the case of Reaper Word Of Death!), it's a stand alone skill, doesn't require any reagents/LRC, gives you range with spells (Thunderstorms/Essence Of Wind can have bigger range than a whole screen and doesn't dissipate based on the number of targets hit.)

I'm not giving away the next dexxer template I'm probably going to work on, but I will say it includes Spellweaving.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may need to tweak something. You say you die, before the bandage kicks in. What is your Dexterity? And what's your Stamina? Your Dex/Stamina effects the speed of your bandage.

If your Stamina score is low it can take 8 seconds. Around 180 Dex/Stamina the time is cut down to 4 seconds.

Is this a fully developed character, weapon skill maxed? 45 DCI? All 70 resist on armor? Where are you at HP wise 100, 125, or 150?

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, maybe i need to revisit my equip. I have skills about 115, 145dex and 125hp. I dont have an excelent equip and dragon barding deed with 10%.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i have no target now. i hunt i some location like void pool, try some champ, quest locations, ...
i all situation i see a some difficult to stay alive alone. now a guild member gave me a some items for up my gear. maybe i need to try more for up my exp with the game.

in truth I would not know where to go it alone. I always find it difficult places

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
i have no target now. i hunt i some location like void pool, try some champ, quest locations, ...
i all situation i see a some difficult to stay alive alone. now a guild member gave me a some items for up my gear. maybe i need to try more for up my exp with the game.

in truth I would not know where to go it alone. I always find it difficult places
I think people tend to hunt things that drop the rewards they either want for themselves or that they can sell for good money. From the top down that list would probably be Roof (the better rewards being 150m+), Medusa (Slither being 150m+), Rikktor (Lt Sash being either useful or 40m), Oaks, Travesty (Mark Of Travesty), Paroxysmus' (Crimson), Renowned Wyvern (Tinker Legs), Blackthorn Captains (points can be traded in for equivalents of a lot of the major artifact slots generally no less than 40m), some although the reward is very good (such as Fey Slayer Spellbook from Stygian Dragon, or Crystalline Ring from Shimmering) the rewards are either fairly cheap (10m in case of book) or essentially free (if you get the VVV Crystalline) with better mods...

That said, I've no inclination to ever attempt to solo Travesty as I don't need a Mark, when I needed a Captain John's Hat I went to Deceit and farmed Neira a bunch (then found they were for sale for cheap anyway lol)... so build for the things that matter to you. I mean I've no intention of ever paying someone 150-175m for a Roof artifact so will probably gear for soloing that at some point.

The most accessible things to hunt for return imo are Blackthorn Captains, Champ Spawns (don't forget the Turtle one - I got lucky with a Dragon Egg and sold a great fully trained one for 110m.) and to a lesser extent Medusa (based purely on having to farm keys/use scales it's more of a ball ache than just getting on with it like Champs I mean.) Pretty much any template can do Champs.

If you're looking for defense, being ranged (Archery/Throwing) is a good start (Throwing is better imo), Ninjitsu, Stone Form, Bandages, Spellweaving, 4/6 Chiv, Parry, Bush/Parry (Evasion), refinements, having more than one way to heal, having more than 2 ways to heal, being immune to things, Bard skills and their mastery's, pots & E.P, Curse Weapon, leeching (can get you killed if you're not particularly good), Resisting Spells (do you die running to Parra, or to being Mana Drained, always poisoned?). Some of these are pure defense some have great offense as well.

I would start with 120 Throwing (or Archery if you like spending money on ammo and not being able to drink pots) and 90 Tactics. Either make the character female (for Semidar) or add Necro (for Wraith) or Ninjitsu (for Forms/Images) to the template. With this alone you can do all Champ Spawns and most events. Compared to a melee template where you already need Bush/Parry. Add in specialties from above.

Last edited: