• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building masonry walls, need help with a gap...

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is on the 2nd floor of a 3 +roof custom home.

tried and failed to get the new masonry wall to push against the non-masonry wall that the pointer is at

wall issue 3.png

bigger screenshot area for reference
wall issue 5.png

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you sure that the last wall isnt turned so that it is only a pillar?
Looks like that gap is only ½ tile, so it would make sence.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you sure that the last wall isnt turned so that it is only a pillar?
Looks like that gap is only ½ tile, so it would make sence.
Thanks for replying. It is not a pillar. Can't even get a pillar to connect with
the custom wall.

Working on finding something to cover it up as a workaround at this point, but
would sure like to have the two walls connect :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
have you tried placing the wall in a bag, placing bag on the floor spot you want the wall then axing it?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No worries. Trash Barrel works well too, I just forget it often LOL

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Glad it works for the inner wall gap. Personally, I've been trying to find a way around that same gap on the outer wall, to the left of the NE 2nd floor tower, and just above (on the left) the SW tower 2nd floor.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
depending on what i want done, sometimes I actually integrate that gap into my design with arches. makes for other entryways.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
depending on what i want done, sometimes I actually integrate that gap into my design with arches. makes for other entryways.
Yep, sometimes the trick to decorating is to work with what you got, rather than forcing it.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad it works for the inner wall gap. Personally, I've been trying to find a way around that same gap on the outer wall, to the left of the NE 2nd floor tower, and just above (on the left) the SW tower 2nd floor.
What I ended up having to do, was place a trash barrel on the floor below, and raising it up through the floor once on the floor you want it on. Then we chopped it. Not sure if that could help you as well.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
What I ended up having to do, was place a trash barrel on the floor below, and raising it up through the floor once on the floor you want it on. Then we chopped it. Not sure if that could help you as well.
Brilliant! Never tried raising a trash barrel :)

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A method I came across for covering some kinds of gaps, is the use of the stone "secret door". Basically, you craft a stone door that faces in the direction you will want the wall to be. Place the stone door on the ground, and double click it so that it "opens" and shifts into its alternate position. While it is in its alternate position, put the door in your backpack. The next thing you must do is placed the shifted door in a position relative to the gap, so that when the door closes (shifts back into its original position) it will shift onto the gap spot. Then just lock it down and the gap is covered. This can work for spots where a trash can cannot be placed above or below.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
did it workkk?! the suspense is killing me hah
I'd almost forgotten, I'd been too busy. lol

So I just tested it... Unfortunately, no, it didn't work. The trash can snags on that half-height spire and won't lower any further, just as happens with walls.

These are the two gaps:
Wall on the upper right is crafted, the rest that's visible is part of the castle.

Wall in the upper part, behind the plant, is crafted. The rest of the walls are part of the castle. In both cases, it's that inner/outer corner spire blocking placing or lowering a wall into place.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'd almost forgotten, I'd been too busy. lol

So I just tested it... Unfortunately, no, it didn't work. The trash can snags on that half-height spire and won't lower any further, just as happens with walls.

These are the two gaps:
Wall on the upper right is crafted, the rest that's visible is part of the castle.

Wall in the upper part, behind the plant, is crafted. The rest of the walls are part of the castle. In both cases, it's that inner/outer corner spire blocking placing or lowering a wall into place.
Perhaps a nice tapestry would work there ;)