• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cartography] Building A TMAP LIBRARY

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

I have a question. Right now I am just doing MALAS maps. They all sime to similiar maps with different pin placements.

How many different maps are there? (NOT PIN PLACEMENTS) but different GENERAL Locations.

I am thinking maybe 8-10 maps represent a general area, I can set runes to and then you can walk quickly to where the pin is.

Im not making a library that drops you on the pin. But one that puts you in the general area.

Any thoughts?
How many general vincinity maps for Tram, Ilsh (have to walk anyway), Malas, T2A?

Fel, will come last.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im assuming Fel "sectors" would be identical to Tram.

Other than that this is a great idea, sadly i do not know, i have yet to get a Malas map, with my daughter in and out of hospital and law classes i get probably 3 hours a week to tHunt :(

I am marking runes though and will be trying to map where stuff is so that i can build a library or help contribute to others so that we as a thunting community can have something usable

R

RavenWinterHawk

Another question.
I plan to use the maps I completed. Once completed can anyone open the map? I planned on using the map as a source and putting a recall rune on it.

Ofcourse if the maps cant be opened and viewed freely. My idea is derailed.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure if a completed map can be freely opened, anytime i come accross a completed map someone decided to throw out i pick it up and just throw it in my brit library turn in bag.

O

Old Man of UO

I use UOCartographer. There are already many markers existing on the map, and I am marking all of those with names identical to the map name. That gets me to a quick walking distance to over half the maps, with the area north of Minoc needed more because of all the peninsulas. Doing it this way, I don't have to have a coded system to read the runes in the book, just have to be careful about organizing the rune books.

I'm not trying to get to the exact map spot, just within a minutes running distance.

F

Fink

Another question.
I plan to use the maps I completed. Once completed can anyone open the map? I planned on using the map as a source and putting a recall rune on it.

Ofcourse if the maps cant be opened and viewed freely. My idea is derailed.
Use Cartography to make a Local Map of the area while standing on the rune location, lock it down, set access to Anyone.

*edit*

I just confirmed this works for a completed map with a non-cartographer, anyway. Local maps would be neater, all the same size, and no misleading pin. I have yet to try sea charts since they went coloured, so I'll have a look at those. From memory they covered a larger area than local maps, more landmarks to sight.

Another approach would be to plot 16 pins on a map and have corresponding runes in an accompanying book. This would really only work for a private or guild collection though as the plotting could be edited by anyone with access to the maps.

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mark a rune at each spot, then lock the map down in a stack at my house, with a rune book at the bottom of the stack, as long as you set the security to anyone, anyone can view the maps.

it looks something like this
map
map
map
map
map
map
table
runebook with the first rune being the bottom map and so on..
floor