• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Building a temporary Thrower suit (budget with artifacts) (PvM) (Pre Publish 81)

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Dear fellow warriors!

I collected some artifacts and want to build a suit around it for my Thrower. A Thrower in Wraith form who quite obviously would love to chain AI. Using soul stones the gargoyle might be a thrower without wraith at times.

Why 'temporary'? Because of Publish 81!

I had a lot of fun reading lots of threads here. My initial plan was to gather some important artifacts and then craft some great pieces with runic re-forging and enhancement after imbuing. From what I understand about Publish 81 it will bring some changes to armour and weaponry so I don't want to spend dozens of millions on imbuing ingredients, runic tools and forged metals of artifacts before Publish 81. I do want to take the thrower out of the house now and don't want to wait until Publish 81. What I want is a temporary budget suit. I am unsure how to achieve the most with minimum efforts. I don't care much about materials like relic fragment consumption as they are easy enough to farm.

Aims: PvM, if possible including bosses like Medusa, Navrey, etc.

Available artifacts:
  • Shroud Of The Condemned
  • Crimson Cincture
  • Mace & Shield Reading Glasses (I guess this is too good to forgo)
  • Ranger's Augmentation Wings (SSI 5% and other mods)
  • Berserker's Breastplate (SSI)
  • Void Infused Kilt (HCI)
  • Mana Phasing Orb with 15% DI, LMC 6%, 5% DCI
  • Edit: A Primer on Arms Damage Removal is also available
I came to the conclusion it will be rather hard including enough Stamina Increase for some decent swing speed. I know the suit will have some drawbacks.

My thoughts about the necessity and importance of mods so far:
  • Defense chance - I guess I don't necessarily need it maxed as a ranged fighter.
  • Damage Increase: should be maxed out at all cost.
  • Hit Chance: should be maxed out at all cost (will be difficult :-( ).
  • Lower Mana Cost: Should be maxed out.
  • Elemental resists: Can usually be easily be maxed out, but maybe not as important as hit chance and LMC?
  • Stamina - as high as possible but difficult to reach 180+ with given artifacts.
  • It might be worth leaving out one of the artifacts to make a better fitting piece with imbuing. Don't know which one to leave out, though - Void Infused Kilt gives highly needed HCI, Berserker's Breatplate gives SSI and even DI.
  • Weapons hopefully will be usable even after publish 81. Whetstones seem to be out of reach right now, though. I doubt I will go out and collect a dozen of them, too tedious.
  • I have some runic hammers (from Dull to Bronze) in store if runic re-forging would help.
Which mods are the most important for my (temporary?) budget suit? Which mods are important but don't need to be maxed out?

A side note: Area damage?

On a side note: How effective are those are damage mods on Throwing weapons? I like them a lot on melee weapons but am unsure if are damage is as effective for ranged fighters as it is for melee fighters.

I hope some of you have some great ideas for a 'budget' suit around my artifacts. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll post more later, but right now what I've done is gone to the new dungeons and have gotten really good armor from there that I am using until pub 81 comes out. I don't go to fel much- and I carry extra piles of gold and gems to keep creatures from looting my armor in case I die. It's worked really well so far.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'll post more later, but right now what I've done is gone to the new dungeons and have gotten really good armor from there that I am using until pub 81 comes out. I don't go to fel much- and I carry extra piles of gold and gems to keep creatures from looting my armor in case I die. It's worked really well so far.
Thank you very much. Do you think I will be ok with sub-optimal HCI and maybe even elemental resists?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to max out HCI. Even at the cost of something else. If you are grabbing armor from the new dungeons, resist won't be a problem. I have a 'suit' that is all 70s from 3 pieces.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You need to max out HCI. Even at the cost of something else. If you are grabbing armor from the new dungeons, resist won't be a problem. I have a 'suit' that is all 70s from 3 pieces.
Ok, I understand. Full HCI will be hard to achieve, I hope I will manage. Many thanks indeed.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I understand. Full HCI will be hard to achieve, I hope I will manage. Many thanks indeed.
Max HCI (45%) should be fairly easy to achieve with the loot from the new dungeons too. I often find rings/bracelets with 15% HCI on Lesser Artifact quality items. That just leaves putting HCI on your weapon, then you are at 45% HCI. For Throwing Weapons, imbuing HCI is capped at 25%, so getting 15% HCI will not cost any special ingredients, just a few relic fragments (which are also easy to get with the new dungeon loot).

Stayin Alive,

BG

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For Throwing Weapons, imbuing HCI is capped at 25%, so getting 15% HCI will not cost any special ingredients, just a few relic fragments (which are also easy to get with the new dungeon loot).
Hm I have not yet considered imbuing HCI on weapons. Might consider that now that you mentioned it. Thank you.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can also go with the Spirit of the Totem which has 15 HCI. Its decent but not the best resists. You can still use it in a cheap suit though and then can use a different thing on your weapon.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can also go with the Spirit of the Totem which has 15 HCI. Its decent but not the best resists. You can still use it in a cheap suit though and then can use a different thing on your weapon.
Actually, you can't use Spirit of the Totem on a garg...

Your artifact list is very good and your final suit won't be much stronger than what you are already proposing. I use 2 Artie's in my armor: breastplate of the Berserker and altered M&S Glasses. I use a Crimson, altered Corgul Sash, altered Augmentation cloak, Shroud of the Condemned, and a Conjurer Trinket.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
sorry, thought it could be altered for a garg

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One thing I forgot to mention is that you can add HCI on reforged metal and leather armor. So with a Conjurer's Trinket, 15 HCI on your ring and bracelet, you only need one reforged piece. I would not use the Void Kilt for HCI as you can do much better for resists and other mods with a custom imbued piece. If you don't have a Conjurer's Trinket go with a Primer on Arms talisman and tuck additional HCI on three reforged pieces.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hm ok. Poor Void Kilt. Considering the looks I like the Void Infused Kilt the most.
If you can get your stats and properties to where you want them, never underestimate the value of looking good. How my character looks is just as important to me as how he performs. You don't always need max everything, just have fun.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you can get your stats and properties to where you want them, never underestimate the value of looking good. How my character looks is just as important to me as how he performs. You don't always need max everything, just have fun.

Stayin Alive,

BG
I agree with this. If you absolutely love the look, go for it. You would just loose a mod or two. I actually prefer my garg's look without the robe. I run him robeless most of the time and then just don it for tough fights.