• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Build a GM!

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the original instructions here: http://uo.stratics.com/homes/famous/howto/directions_on_building_a_gm.shtml

I thought it'd be fun to see if they still worked, since they were obviously written a while ago. And this is what I got:

^_^ He's a bit rough around the edges, but if you look closely you'll notice I am standing -inside- the robe :D This can be useful if you want to stick a personal attendant inside and scare your friends!

I'm curious whether making GMs is really "allowed" though... >.> I mean, if someone saw it as impersonation, could there be trouble? If not I'd like to keep him up and put a vendor in there... You can also customize the robe color to make it look like something else. A grim reaper figure might be neat for Halloween!

W

Wallenstein

I found the original instructions here: http://uo.stratics.com/homes/famous/howto/directions_on_building_a_gm.shtml

I thought it'd be fun to see if they still worked, since they were obviously written a while ago. And this is what I got:

^_^ He's a bit rough around the edges, but if you look closely you'll notice I am standing -inside- the robe :D This can be useful if you want to stick a personal attendant inside and scare your friends!

I'm curious whether making GMs is really "allowed" though... >.> I mean, if someone saw it as impersonation, could there be trouble? If not I'd like to keep him up and put a vendor in there... You can also customize the robe color to make it look like something else. A grim reaper figure might be neat for Halloween!
Honestly I don't think it would be against the rules.. If someone perceives that decoration as an impersonation of a Game Master then that is quite ridiculous. A GM impersonation, in my mind, is more somebody verbally claiming to be a GM and/or dressing as one and attempting to fool other players into believing he/she is a Game Master.

Cool decoration, though.

L

Lord Drakelord

at least with this one you can yell at it without repercussions :) what you could do is make a jail cell with a one way telporter pad and have the 'GM' inside to greet the person.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe! I took him down to make way for a vendor (since I realized putting the vendor inside the GM space would make her really tough to see/click) but that's a great idea... maybe for April Fools' next year? *plots*