• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUGS

K

KoolAidAddict

Anyone else notice getting the fizzle sound along with the successful sound when casting Sacred Journey?:confused:

Also, is it just me or anyone notice that if your mouse cursor highlights wordage on the screen, your movement is stopped? I dont remember this happening before, is it a new bug or is it more old age forgetfulness on my part?:blushing:

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who broke housing?????

Everywhere you look even here on stratics it says that resizing your house is NOT subject to the wait of 7 days after placing..... well it's apparently subject to it after Transfer. Because I transferred a house to a friend and he went to resize but Ooops he has to wait 169 hours??

Not cool.
Tell your friend to not resize with stuff inside, because most of these stuff will just "poof" on the air. This is another bug introduced with HighSeas that affects idocs too.

V

Vyal

Drop rate on mini boss like Thrasher, Miasma, Swoop is way off. I went down and killed over 200 Thrashers and didn't get one drop with 800 luck. I would say fix it....

Roskal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else notice getting the fizzle sound along with the successful sound when casting Sacred Journey?:confused:

Also, is it just me or anyone notice that if your mouse cursor highlights wordage on the screen, your movement is stopped? I dont remember this happening before, is it a new bug or is it more old age forgetfulness on my part?:blushing:
I get the fizzle/success sounds on one of my chars. The char only has 50 chiv so normaly fails often. Its kind of odd as you think you failed the trip, then suddenly you pop over after all.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, since last patch the red damage numbers when I hit a hostile don't show above the victim.. now they appear on the upper left corner. hard to tell if I even hit them!

Also, the normal fish not stacking up is bad for everyone. Do you want the servers clogged with accounting 2 thousand individual fish? Make them stack again please!

Same goes for the fish stakes not stacking! what? must I now cook 100 stakes each time just to have room in my pack? It works both ways, so how about I just start dropping individual fish stakes all over luna, see how that translates into lag, huh?

And things going poof in houses when customizing! That is a HUGE thing, people. Some people collect things and have spent gazillions on them. This one needs to be adressed right away FGS!

then, the luck issue, will it be forever broken?
And wait, waht about the towncriers. The mouse statuette that was supposed to emmulate them is absurd this way, still telling me about TOT2! And you know this one is EASY to fix, Just change the friggin global message tey're supposed to say by shard. How on earth can you manage to screw that one up! unvelievable!

Then the lag in my house.. WHOA, I'm an invalid in it most of the time. Thinking of it, There's lag eceryshere... the kind that had't been seen in a couple of years. Is the new content above the servers capacity? did you overdo it? or is it the presence of a few returnees? no wonder people don't want to come back, its just one after another.

PLEASE adress this problems, or tell us you can't or won't. You can't expect to bring back people by adding headaches into the game, as much as I like the new ships and all, I'm not sure the trade-off is good

Elijah Cross

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please Fix Lobstering!

It now takes FOREVER to catch any crabs or lobsters...I put 8 traps out at a time and wait....wait....wait....wait. Is it really meant to be this slow?? Plus it went from being able to catch multiple items in one trap to 1 only per trap at the insanely slow rate.

Please fix this! I have completely given up on the fishing quests now as it is no longer worth my time to go lobstering for an entire week and still not have enough crabs/lobsters for the quests.

Please fix.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Please Fix Lobstering!

not only r the old fish not stacking nor the fish steaks

but the new fish when u cut them lose their name & if i cut a walleye & a skinner, then both those steaks stack

S

sherkborg

All pets will get perma stunned from any monster. Happens daily, happens to every pet vs every monster. At a random time pets will not come, they will listen but wont attack, wont defend, and wont come through gates. The pet will sit there until the monster is dead (over a 1 minute recorded so far).

Please fix since well... i could patch fix this with a hex editor

V

Voodoo990

simular to this.
2nd time it has happened.

after a long battle at sea, boat was in bad shape, limped it to the shore and with emerg repairs, got to shore and fully fixed it (you can see it says prestine in the pic) but the boat still looks damaged and it wont sail.

even though it is fully fixed you have to do emerg repairs to get it to move and they are timed like allways.

last time to fix it we had to dry dock it and wait till after server down.

Same bug here but you are unable to get a new quest as well, the ship says "Prestine" even though it still looks damaged, so you try to get the quest he tells you to go and fix your ship its a mess, you go back to your ship and it says you can't repair it any more it is "Prestine". So that ends your boating day.

Attachments

G

Gilthas

I'll try to make this short.

I attempt to meditate and fail (at GM...another frustration) and then maybe I press the button a few more times. Sometimes I press it once every few seconds until I can make another attempt at meditation. It seems that whenever I try to use the meditation skill more than once (i.e. try, fail, then receive the "You must wait a few moments to perform another skill") then I am unable to use any other items until some sort of invisible timer wears off.

For example:

1. Attempt to meditate, fail.
2. Press skill button a few more times, receive "you must wait a few moments to perform another skill" message
3. Attempt to use a Pen and Ink to create a scroll, "You must wait to perform another action" for 5-10 seconds.

I use this example because I'm currently training Inscription and am using Meditation a lot. This particular catch has been a sore spot for a few days.

[Edited] Clarification...it would appear that the "you must wait to..." timer from the use of a skill is bleeding over into the use of an item.

Khameleon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
that is as intended.. they added in the skill timer delay to counter the skill timer reset bug. so even if you fail meditation or hiding, you can't use an item until the timer has expired.

G

Gilthas

that is as intended.. they added in the skill timer delay to counter the skill timer reset bug. so even if you fail meditation or hiding, you can't use an item until the timer has expired.
*facepalm*

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the fizzle/success sounds on one of my chars. The char only has 50 chiv so normaly fails often. Its kind of odd as you think you failed the trip, then suddenly you pop over after all.
Same for me on my noob sampire on Origin.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cannot recall to the New boats, in certain situatoins.

On Pac, I am sailing around doing the Fishing quests, and if I leave my boat too close to the Skara/Moonglow server line, I am not allowed to recall to my boat, I just get a message that my boat cannot be found.

It has happened to me a couple of times, and it is always on the Moonglow side, if I am within about 1 screen of the server line. Fortunanly, I remembered where my boat was and took another one to go get it.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Playing in Enhanced Client-

Nasty bug I only noticed after the High Seas expansion-

Using new boats causes tremendous lag. The more items in my hold the longer I have to wait when I open it for it to be "usable" or display items. It remains greyed out, I get Windows nice little "waiting" hourglassy thing.

Same issue with all containors that have been opened once and then re-opened within seconds of the first time. Sitting there lagged while I assume it counts the items inside.

And it is impossible to use the moving crate, regardless of the number of items within, even 1. Client locks up in "not responding" mode as it seems to search the storage crate.. every single time. I have to go into Classic Client to get anything out of it.

Also, even more annoying is the issue where I am in my house decorating and my floor is visibly there, non transparent, yet when I try to place an object or add on down, I mouse over and see items placed or locked on the floor below, as if my floor isn't there. This prevents placing anything. Also, it leads to the accidental releasing of objects on the floor below, and potential loss of whatever was released. Thirdly, if I try to put an object down on this tile, and the object on the floor below is a containor, it goes into that containor instead of resting on the floor I am trying to put it on.

Another bug- can't place objects or add-ons on tiles if the floor below has a Vet Reward character statue on that tile. The statue must be taken down and replaced after.

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Undead Slayer spellbooks (have not tested weapons) do NOT affect Skeletal Liches.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A char of mine, elf, see dark even if i use a grey potion of night sight spell. In the account there are others chars, elves, that works well.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Carpentry tables three bugs or design irritations:

1. the 45 minite wait should be logged in and out. Right now it is set so I have to twiddle my thumbs for 45 minites logged in.

2. It doesn't seem to bump my percentage up enough when making wood items with a 28% exceptional talisman. I get a bonus of 3% which means there is a hard cap of 30%. There is no point getting a table if you have a 30% tailie

3. The table/talisman should give a bonus for enhancing items (in my opinion)

V

Voodoo990

what a total piece of ^%$& this booster pack is

what a total piece of ^%$& this booster pack is. My guidie and I said, ok screw it we're going to work through the current bugs and tedious game play and try and fight pirates again, we just want some new content to do and damit we paid for this %^*( might as well try and play).

So we get everything together sail out and start killing pirates, we do the quest and get our Orc ship and things are going pretty good and think ok, the sailing is boring but this is a little fun, then..... BAM a new game stopping/playing bug.

We scuttled a ship and killed the pirate as normal (we just kill them, we have our orc ship already no other reward, but guess that is bugged too). After looting the ship we go back to our ship and find that we can't access the tiller man menu..... WTF. So our ship is so damaged that we can't move, we've logged in and out, recalled in and out and still can't get any options other then "Open Paperdoll"

Totally stuck, game play over, chance of losing the Orc ship, remember they don't replace lost or stolen items, buggy piece of $*^&. Called GM, now #11 been waiting 45 mins, fun, fun, fun.

Attachments

V

Voodoo990

And it gets even buggier, messing around we jumped over to the pirate ship and guess what, when I click on my tiller man, even though the gump still looks messed up, I get repairs options!! Whoo Whooo now we can do emergency repairs and get the hell out of here! Do the emergency repairs while on the pirate ship and should have known..... it repaired the pirate ship not ours, go back to our ship and still the only option is "Open Paperdoll". Try and re-board the pirate ship and we can't cause we just repaired it. This is just too damn funny.

Attachments

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And it gets even buggier, messing around we jumped over to the pirate ship and guess what, when I click on my tiller man, even though the gump still looks messed up, I get repairs options!! Whoo Whooo now we can do emergency repairs and get the hell out of here! Do the emergency repairs while on the pirate ship and should have known..... it repaired the pirate ship not ours, go back to our ship and still the only option is "Open Paperdoll". Try and re-board the pirate ship and we can't cause we just repaired it. This is just too damn funny.
Tried getting your friend to bring his boat to your boat, Give you full access, Then whilst standing on your ship click his tillerman and 'Emergency Repairs' ?

V

Voodoo990

That's a good idea, might have worked. Once the pirate ship that we scuttled timed out we were able to get our tiller man gump again.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bag weight limit bug

if you have a large number of heavy items in a bag pull it out of a secure and drop it on the ground it used to not let you pull the bag and drop it on the ground. Now it seems to have deleted the difference between the max weight of the unsecured bag and what was in the bag.

Friend pullled a bag out that had 17000 deamon bone for me to take and I only seen a little over 3000 with other items in the bag.

C

Coppelia

The Runed Driftwood Bow is equipped on the right hand instead of the left hand like other bows. It causes the CC macro "Arm/Disarm > Left hand" not working for them.

L

Liselle166

I can't seeem to get a key to the puzzle room in Underworld. When I double click it, I get the message "Your backpack is too full" even though it is not. I have tried on several characters with the same result. I am on the enhanced client if that matters. I know this was working fine a few days ago.

A

Anvil of Crom

^^^^^ YES!!!! i experienced the same problem this week when i tried to go for the key to the room by the gremlin... My only guess is that some file was corrupted when the last patch/ publish went through.. i sent in a report to tell about the bug but have not gotten a reply... Prolly overwhelmed at the moment plus its close to Xmas... Anyway, u are not alone!

R

Rodan/Linu

My Lord title on my spellcaster goes away when in stoneform, reaper form and ethereal voyage form. Necro forms do not affect my title none.

The Lord status dissappears in my character status bar and when I put cursor over my toon

My fame is at 10,117 normally and when I am in any form, casting the spells did not lower or raise my fame any.

Sncerely,
Rodan

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisher blackholed about 8 times yesterday, when recalling to various docks and once, to my house. Everything black except the odd bit of 'street furniture' and the NPC's, who left trails as they moved. She couldn't move at all. I could see the other players around me leaving trails as well.

C

Coppelia

Absolutely incredible, thank you devs!

I was killing Meers near Skara Brae rangers huts and now I've got this infinite swarm hitting me forever, everywhere I go, until I die.

(edit: on the picture I'm in Moonglow, another sub-server, still hit)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's not a bug, unless the usual cure for it isn't working?

Cast fireball on yourself.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Figured out one of the ship bugs. We were hunting pirates and our ship became "scuttled" We were pretty close to shore so I did "emergency" repairs on my ship and limped the few tiles to shore took under 2 min to repair the ship and try to get back underway looking for another pirate...

However our ship never appeared repaired it stayed in the "scuttled" view even though the tillerman said we were 100% repaired and the ship was in pristine condition...

We continued sailing the vessel though it moved much like a stick through tar... but eventually the "timer" on our "emergency" repair ran out and TADA! our ship became pristine once again and started moving finally.

So there is some bug sometimes when you repair your ship that causes you to NOT appear repaired.

Also on a side note to that ever since then when I take damage... can't see it... the ship appears pristine and says that it's Moderately damaged but sure don't act like it is. So my ship is pretty bugged.

After that I had dry docked the ship and now it seems to be working fine.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also we did about 4 or 5 pirates killing 4 of them and turning 1 in... NO ONE got anything for the pirate we turned in though we were all there and in party when we took the quest.... when we captured the pirate and when we turned him in.

And this happened 2 times in a row.

C

Coppelia

that's not a bug, unless the usual cure for it isn't working?

Cast fireball on yourself.
It's not a bug, it's a feature?
No, it's a bug, even if there's a workaround. The swarm of insects is supposed to disappear when the caster dies or when you go out of sight.

Sosaria, its great adventures... but don't forget to prepare everything before going on a trip : no, not food ratios, ropes or a sleeping bag, but a trapped pouch to snap your own fingers in case of paralysis, a fireball scroll to burn yourself in case of bug infestation...
It reminds me something.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dispel Evil does not work against evil mobs. I use to be able to scatter undead, but cant now even though I am over 105 and max karma.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Artifacts that Fall into the category of Alterable items are not actually Alterable.

Heart of the Lion For instance

Platemail Chest is Alterable, but the Heart of the Lion isn't.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Navigating by chart is having a problem. It will not make course changes. You can get to the first pin you place but the ship does not change course to the second pin. I have been having this problem since the last patch. Yesterday I was near trinsic and planned to travel to the Floating Emporium. I set my first pin so as to set up a turn to go between Fire Island and Haven and placed the second pin. The third pin was set at the Emporium. Well the course was not changed at the second pin and my ship continued straight head and ran aground on Fire Island. Devs, Have a look at this problem please. I really enjoy this way of navagaing between cites.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Navigating by chart is having a problem. It will not make course changes. You can get to the first pin you place but the ship does not change course to the second pin. I have been having this problem since the last patch. Yesterday I was near trinsic and planned to travel to the Floating Emporium. I set my first pin so as to set up a turn to go between Fire Island and Haven and placed the second pin. The third pin was set at the Emporium. Well the course was not changed at the second pin and my ship continued straight head and ran aground on Fire Island. Devs, Have a look at this problem please. I really enjoy this way of navagaing between cites.
I just noticed this a few days ago, whats happening now it it will always go as far EAST/WEST as possible before going NORTH/SOUTH at each leg of the route, it will no longer follow diagonals. This makes for really long voyages and going far...far out of your way (like you, every time I try to plot to sea market i was hitting fire island). This also makes your ship do really stupid things like sail west, then north, then east to get to the next waypoint :D. A temporary work around we found is to plot straight lines on the map and not diagonals. (draw your course like a grid, with right angles, takes a lot of extra points but it works)

Baruk_S

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
howdy folks,

I am bothered by a bug of sorts, or perhaps it is my account that has gone bad on one point.

As you can see in the image, I can see most maps fine, the problem arises when looking at the world map.

Both NPC purchased and Crafter map give the same issue, a lovely psychedelic blue blot where land and sea mass should be seen.

Now if I was on pot all day long, I would be gazing at it for hours on end, but alas, I would prefer to use my boat with it and sail through waypoints around the world.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how can I resolve it?
If no one has seen it, any ideas would be welcomed to resolve this issue.

I have tried installing the client on 3 different computers.
1) WXP Pro SP3 with 2gb memory (32bit)
2) W7 Pro with 4gb memory (64bit)
3) W7 Home with 4gb Memory (32bit)

No matter which computer I use, I get the same blue screen on the world map. (which makes me think it is my account)

Also I have all updates, plus High Seas booster.
On a Classic Client it works fine, but I am not using that anymore, I tried but I don't like the way it plays anymore. (progress and all)

I have tried a 14-day triel account, and it also provides the blue map field.

T

Tazar

My guess would be a problem with an incomplete patch somewhere... but on 3 different installs?

I have a friend with the same problem.

Z

Zelda of Zed

Deed Display Case Bug/House and warning!

Over the weekend I was working on my museum house. I was using the new display case deed. I had items in a box on a new display case. I removed the case, to add something else to the area. The box fell flush to the floor, and it didn’t think to use the house tool raise it again, when I placed the display case, it made the box fall to the floor below. The box was still locked down. I paged a gm, and they were able to pull the box down for me. The GM I spoke with was really nice and suggested that I change the foundations on the houses, and that should take care of it. (just saying.. but that took 3 hours for the gm to come that day.) But he was still really nice!

This morning it got worse! I was adding something to the Auction house, I had things raised, kept my eye on it. The auction floor is on the bottom floor, when I replaced the case, it caused a full apron to fall under the house and become unlocked!
G.M Fiper is my new hero! He arrived soon after I paged him, and was able to grab the apron for me.

Just a heads up folks!!!!

K

KoolAidAddict

Ok, what happened to walking/running?:confused:

It seems as tho a lot of times after a couple steps in a straight line that I just stop.
If I do the zig zag, it seems to keep going.
Sometimes it seems as tho the mouse cursor goes over a static item and perhaps that makes it stop, but sometimes theres nothing there and I just stop moving.
If I got miasma chasing me, its really fun to get smushed cause of some invisable barrier stopping my movement.:thumbdown:
If I keep tapping the stupid mouse button I do the move/stop/move/stop movement, but at least I can "usually" stay ahead of the killer scorpion!
FRUS-
TRAT-
TING!:cursing:

PS...its not just miasma, but I do hunt that rascal a lot, so its the example Im using!

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scalis bug.

about 25% of the time when Scalis should have died he disappears with no gain in karma or fame and no items received. There is no body to be found or anything.

This always happens at the point of what should be his death. We are always well within the time limits (take him down in about 10 to 15 minutes)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you cast paralise on any character with magic reflect on, that character will flag on you, so you can guardwack and give a murder count to any character with magic reflect casted.

G

Greyshaft

Re: BUGS heartwood quests

I don't know if its a bug or I am missing something but the fletcher quests seem bugged.

I have crafted I have purchased the items but the quest giver does not acknowledge that the quest is completed. I cancelled quests and tried again same result.

The quests I attempted are
10 normal bows
8 heavy crossbows
10 shafts for crossbow(deadly drts I think its called)

am I missing some thiong or is it bugged my toon is a human.

Thanks for any help.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: BUGS heartwood quests

you are marking the items as 'quest items' via your context menu?

G

Greyshaft

Hi guys I have seen a post about this buit after searching for an hour gave up trying to find it so heres hoping some one can help.

I have the classic client and play on Europa.
My crafter has been able to create a slayer bow but when trying to create bows needing gems eg longbow of might the gem is recognised but not the boards. Have tried with the various wood types but same message can anyone help