• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General (Bug confirmed) SDI not helping Spellplauge

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Original thread discussion here: http://stratics.com/community/threads/bug-confirmed-sdi-and-spellplauge.307425/

I tested spellplauge with and without SDI. 3 separate tests, totaling 240 targets, on 3 different characters on test center.

I know how spell plauge works, and i know it is chaos damage. This is not about the explosions triggers or what procs it.

This is about SDI not helping spellplague damage like it does with other mysticism spells.

Attached below is my 3rd test and this time i was sure it was bugged so i took pictures.

You can see that there is a huge difference in damage when using other mysticism spells, i tried all the other spells too, but just used eagle strike for this round of pictures. But when using SDI and 100 inscription, the damage of spellplague does not change, with 47SDI and 10sdi from gm scribe, the difference should be noticeable the very first spell i cast. I positioned myself close to the target too so you can see that i'm indeed naked in the first round of test with 0sdi, and equipped with artifacts in the second test.

I am 100% sure that the initial blast is not using SDI or inscription, and i'm very positive about the proc explosion also not taking into account the sdi and scribe bonus (but i tested this on myself while casting fireball on myself to proc it, so it was alot harder to record, but i did not notice any damage jump (my fireball did alot more dmg tho))

Spellplague.jpg

PS. i know the dmg is chaos dmg, this is taken into account thats why i did so many targets using cows (all 0 resist except small physical resist). Please read the original thread regarding how i took this into account in the tests.

Last edited: