• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug? Bard Masteries and summons...

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, I've recently returned to this glorious game and picked up right where I left off, my pure bard. I have noticed that my bardic masteries no longer affect my magery summoned monsters, namely Earth Elementals and Energy Vortices. As a pure bard, I rely majorly on my summoned pets and their being buffed by my songs to take down my monstrous foes. I know for a fact that they used to be buffed but now, not so much. Was this intended or is it a bug? I'm hopeful that if it was a bug it could be reversed and I could continue hunting with stronger summons, thanks!

Hendric

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was an intended nerf. I guess summons were too powerful(a buffed RC is a bit overpowered) and it would also make a bard go grey in felucca.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i must have missed this, @Mr. Smither1 do you care to point out where this has been posted by the Dev's?
cause i havent noticed any changes in my summons and im still getting the mana draw from having them up (i think.... now i need to go check this!)

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Summon an earth elemental or ev and lore it before and after the invigorate buff, the stats stay the same and it doesn't heal. I can't remember when it happened but it was at least 1 year ago. Pets controlled by the bard and party members still get buffed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't believe EVs ever received the healing affects of Inspire ?? EE's I'm not sure as I didn't hunt with that summon. One thing I can say though is, Inspire still freaking stops when you use Spirit Speak, and I can't even get a Dev to comment saying they'll look into it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just tested it on my Vollems and it works.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not working on my Earth Ele