• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bufford the phase3 npc??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were is then ??

Suposed to be outside the jewelers at the bank?? is he stealthing then???

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as I know we're still waiting for phase 3 to go live, unless I missed the announcement?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i Just uploaded the latest patch when i logged in 10 minutes ago???

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems the latest patch 54 went titsup!!!

Bob@eamythic on the uohall board as confirmed a ''second patch'' to be added in the forthcoming hours!!!!

So get ready!!! My bulging store 1818 is bursting at the seams ready to dump in that new Bufford npc!!!

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing you downloaded was a client patch, the next phase of Spring Cleaning won't go live untill the server publish.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing you downloaded was a client patch, the next phase of Spring Cleaning won't go live untill the server publish.

err no....it was p54 which went tits up like i said....

anyways it makes no dif...

Orff to see bufford right now!!!!- Eat those corrupted trees,crystals and musherooms you son of a gun!! eat em!! eat em all!!! mauahhahahaaaaaa......

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of wether or not you understand the difference between a server and a client, you should at least see Leto is right by using some logic.

You patch your CLIENT: nothing happens
They patch the SERVER (which made the SERVERS go down half a day): the magic Bufford appears.

So... you still saying the "client update" went "tits up" and you are right?
As you said in your previous post, it doesn't matter. But if it doesn't matter, why do you insist on being right when you're wrong eh? ;)

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@THP: Why do I even bother with you..... I really should know better. Anyway, thanks for reminding me. I'm off!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Leto and Alcelstis ...Why make a mountian out of another molehill???? Why ???...It went tits up!! Sorry but thats what i read on uo.com.

Publish 54 Is Live Robert Mull 10 Jul 2008 15:24:32Edit: 3:23 PM: Servers are back online now.

Edit: 12:36 PM: We are bringing the servers down at 12:50 PM EDT to update to Publish 54.

Edit: 11:22 AM: Publish 54 has not gone live yet. We are planning on pushing it live later today. Thanks for all your patience and keep checking back here for the latest info.

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arf none of your "quotes" have anything to do with the fact there's a difference between servers and clients which you seem to fail to understand!

K

Kiminality

The server is what handles the world, and mechanics, of UO.
The client is what allows you to access that world.
When you do something in the client, the data is sent to the server. The server then performs the bulk of the necessary calculations, and sends data back to the client. That data is then represented by the client.

A client patch, in effect, modifies the interpretation of the data sent by the server, in an intended manner. For example new graphics, or localisation strings, or adjustments to the interface of the client.

A server patch, or publish, modifies the "world" and its mechanics. A turn-in NPC, and its associated mechanics, is a server-side object (imagine what would happen if that was all worked out client-side:eek:).