• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] BS and Tailoring BODS...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

Thought I'd ask this here, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, sorry its as long as it is......

Well, I returned a couple of months ago and decided it was time to complete training my BS and tailor. Both are at about 103, so I need to get ahold of 120 scrolls to start off. As I looked at the BODs I have (I have never used BODs before, but had some from the last time I played) I realized I know next to nothing about them. Went and read a bunch of stuff, so I think I understand how to get them, how often I can get them, how to bribe...maybe...but there is still a few questions I have. Any good reading material you want to direct me too is welcomed. I think the biggest question is as follows....

How in the world do you guys keep track of what BODs you have (mine are in books), so you know which ones you need to fill ones that will be of use to you? Heres what I mean....

In tailoring, according to the chart on stratics, to gain a 120 tailor scroll, there are 9 Bods that will do this.....between those 9 BODS there are 51 separate small BODs that have to be joined to the large BOD....there are 4 different leather types that can be used.......that's a lot of variables.

I have 9 large BODs in my book, none match whats needed for a 120 scroll, and 79 small BODs, and I cant seem to find how any of them match up with the larger BODs I have, OMG. LOL, is this just a giant cluster....or am I missing something? Probably missing something.

How do you guys keep track of this stuff, are you doing it on paper? Is there a way to do it in game?

How can I kinda force my way into a BOD that will be of use to me....is that bribing? Can you turn down a bribe and then try again and get a second (different) one? What about when you accept an empty, daily BOD, can you not accept it and then request another, or if you turn one down, does that count against your three?

Appreciate your help folks,

Madis
ATL

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for example if you fill a 20 exceptional horned large bod you can get a 120 scroll! this will mean doing the 5 smalls that go into this bod now lets say for example you have a large 20 normal spined bod large you can attempt to bribe it up with a tailor and he may up it to horned or he may up it to exceptional then you would need to bribe it up one more time to get the horned part! but lets say he/she raised it to horned first then you bribe again to raise the exceptional but he raises it to barbed now ! so when bribing it is random from what I can tell what gets raised !
so if you raise a regular leather 10 normal bod it can raise the number or the leather type or to exceptional

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Storm has basically answered most of your questions as well as the comprehensive guide by Basara (although I don't think Bribing is covered in it although Storm mentioned Bribing. An example is when Basara mentions you should throw out the normal leather Footwear LBoD. You could always bribe it up to a different material)..

Organization though, you can do in game but with BoD books. You would have to sort it all out yourself and try to come up with some way of organizing your BoDs.

With the books, you can split them up any way you want. Whether it is by material (Regular, Spined, Horned, Barbed) or the amount (10, 15, 20) or by Exceptional or Normal... It is purely up to you. You can take it a step further and name a book "Bribe" for bribing later on or "Have SBoDs" to fill LBoDs.

Paper is another good one to use as well (or even a text file on your computer)... As in writing which LBoD a specific SBoD fills (such as: LBoD: jester hat, jester suit, cloak, shoes)...

An additional note about Bribing.. It is not a matter of turning down a Bribe, but accepting it... And the only aspect of a Bribe you would turn down is the cost of the Bribe. The upgrade, as Storm pointed out is all random and final.

My suggestion would be just accept the BoD's that you are getting. Turning one down won't give you an extra one.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Also you can recycle them filling the real easy ones and turn them in after getting your daily ones this allows getting one for every one you do

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
btw what shard you on? I am on ls I can hook you up with scrolls!

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have books organized in a bunch of different ways. For weapons I have them organized by weapon type. For the normal or not exceptional weapons I buy the items off the NPC an turn them in immediately so I never have them Sometimes I will use a runic to fill a normal weapon bod before turning in. All large normal weapon BODs I immediately bribe up to exceptional. For each armor type I have a book dedicated and for the more common materials I may have a separate book for them like dull copper platemail or spined bone armor. My tailor has female and male armor in separate books. My smith has books of stuff that doesn't fit with a large BOD grouped by metal. If I want to bribe a bod up then I usually have several prospects and take them with me to go bribe and stop bribing when I have the BOD I want. Recently I decided to do a bunch of 20 exceptional valorite platemail BODs so I bribed them up but that was easy because if I keep bribing I will end up with 20 ex val. It seems like the bribing pays for itself in the long run but I guess that depends on how many bribes are needed. The books depend on how many BODs you have as to how to organize them but within a book you can limit a search to BOD type (large or small), number, material, exceptional/normal. So if you name the book for what you put in it you can narrow down to find what you are looking for. I have gone through several revisions depending on the number of BODs I have.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

Thanks for the info and all the ideas.

Well, I have 4 books for each skill so far, lol. One for the BODs I want to use with rewards I believe I can use, one for rewards I believe would sale for a reasonable profit, one for smalls that I will use to obtain new BODs, and ones for stuff that doesn't interest me but might interest someone else. LOL, I can't believe I have 4 books for BS and 4 for Tailoring, hahaha. I had forgotten how addicting things get in this game.

Thanks Storm, I'm on ATL. The reminder of Basara's post was well received, and reading it again imparted new info as my skill and my understanding of the skill...increases.

Necro, thank you my friend, I'm sorta using your idea, and splitting BODs into multiple books, now all I have to do is get me a butt load of BODs, lol.

Perc, lol, lord, I can see having a bunch of books for a number of things like it seems you do, but I don't have that many BODs yet to break it down that far, but if things go the way they always seem to go for me in UO, may not be that long before I add to my book collection, lol.

Thanks guys, really do appreciate it.

Madis

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was switching my BOD books to reward types when bribing came out and made that sort of meaningless. I think at the current rate I am sort of keeping up with the Bods coming in but it really is amazing that even way out this far into BODs the smalls don't match the larges ......not even close. I think if I were going to set up a program I would make the odds that if you get all the small bods you are very likely to get the large to fill too but it ain't so

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
My BOD books:
1. May be bribed for 90% POF
2. 90% POF
3. Filled 90% POF
4. SBODs for Runics (from dull up to bronze)
5-8. Filled runic BODs (well I really needn't books for this bods now... or may be for Copper only)
9. Platemale LBODs
10-15. Platemale SBODs (that can't be bribed for POF)

I haven't much free room at my house so I prefer to get rewards right before use.