• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Britannia Vs Exodus

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see my name! Just.

My share of the loot from Exodus' corpse - 78gp :D

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm in one of the pics and my name in another! :D

Was a fun event, even with the 13 crashes.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a fun event, even with the 13 crashes.
13? You were clearly not trying, classic client and I managed 37 ... one ten minute spell where I logged in, saw the text start scrolling by for the stat and skill changes for the equipment I wear, and then locked up and the client died... relaunch it, and repeat ...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thanks to the EMs for running this event, and for going back and locating the stragglers through out the dungeon.

I was in some ways in an ideal position to appreciate the different experiences people had of the event, because whilst it may not have been obvious, I was actually playing two accounts at once from my computer; one on the Enhanced Client as Aron on my own account, and to avoid memory/resource clashes, my friend The Black Cobra's account under the Classic Client at the same time, as he had to work tonight.

Here "we both" are, and the first Greater Dragon I ever tamed, waiting for the initial gate;

From there, I'd move myself forward to fight, and every time the spawn was clear, move the Black Cobra up and hide him at the back, appearing only to ressurect anyone I saw who was dead nearby on that character too. Neither one of "us" died even once, although I did lose my dragon a single time to Exodus; however whilst the Enhanced Client (with all graphical thrills turned off, and FPS limited to 60 so it didn't try and over-reach itself) didn't crash a single time during the event, Cobra over on the Classic Client crashed about 8 times in the final battles with the Minions and with Exodus himself, failing to log back in because of instantly crashing again at least 2 of those times. My computer isn't high end, although it is nerdily tweaked a bit, so it was simply the CC was unable to handle massive amounts of players and effects I think.

From here, we moved on to the camp outside Trinsic; the rest of the shots will be in EC, as by default CC doesn't have a screenshotting system and I didn't want to risk running FRAPS etc on top of a dual-boxing attempt...

The arrival of our guides for the day;

Nimuaq was not best pleased Dupre didn't have the older, suit-like armour as seen on UOGuide... There wasn't much introductory speech it seems, we very quickly went through the gate to Honor in Ilshenar, and made our way past Ver Lor Reg towards Exodus Dungeon;

A lot of people were delayed by the spawn (especially that which spawned as a paragon) whilst a few ran on too far ahead and got themselves killed, NO NAMES MENTIONED OF COURSE...

Waiting for Dupre to go ahead, we then went into Exodus itself, and headed directly west (north west on your screen due to isometric perspective) where we found a wall blocking our progress... the frustration with which apparently drove one of my wider alliance members crazy, and made him attack my dragon and get himself killed; the ONLY thing I managed to kill in this entire part due to the refusal of pets to normally attack Exodus minions.

Dupre would claim the resulting hole in the wall was "in the north east corner of the room", but it wasn't; it's actually just about where you can see people "smashing" here;

Inside we found ourselves in the remains of Ver Lor Reg; our goal was to break down the walls and then destroy all the exodus minions inside. I tucked The Black Cobra safely in the northern-most corner here, and proceeded to fight my way around along with everyone else;

Even amongst all this death and destruction, I was shocked to find our Lord Protector was still more interested in stealing people's skimpies...

Having finally cleared all of the Destroyers, Dupre led us into the centre of Ver Lor Reg to regroup. Suddenly Exodus leapt out upon us... killed a few people, and then promptly fell down a hole into the void on the left!

He's somewhere under that first mob of dragons there...

It was here however my best memories of the event came too; Taking specially coloured cloth from my bag, our guild the Sosaria Red Cross set up a field hospital and started ressurecting people as we aim to do. That's John on the Red Cross there, myself with my dragon, who has just died fighting Exodus, and myself again on Black Cobra (with the black cloak and blue shield) ressurecting people when Aron was on mana cool down...

Perhaps realising we were more organised then he, Exodus ran off slowly towards the far left corner of Ver Lor Reg, until he was trapped and unable to flee further;

He's not actually red in the EC, he's just currently selected as target for some of my attacks...

Cornered and down to about 8% hit points here, the end was soon to come; perhaps he died knowing that, despite the complaints about tamers, dragons just can't get close enough if there's a row of players in front of them... only one seemed to have moved fast enough to stay in melee range, the rest were struggling to get past the walls or the rows of cheap armour ahead.

But die all the same he did;

And this is where the event went sour for me. Neither Aron nor the Black Cobra got a scroll, despite getting hits in from a greater dragon and constant earthquaking when he was within range on Aron, or using Earthquake/ Energy Vortex on Cobra. Nor apparently did the single person who couldn't maintain any maturity whilst visiting Europa, ("iii") who proceeded to disgustingly abuse the EMs for the rest of the event. Meanwhile in Global Chat before we'd even left Exodus some people were spamming theirs for sale at 95m. I didn't care about the gold, but having played Ultima III myself, all I wanted was a little personal reminder I'd been there at the eventual death of Exodus... Sigh.

We proceeded to leave, and move to Honor gate. I missed a screen shot of the actual explosion, but here's the last known photograph of the working gate, and then some quite salty language from Dupre when he realised it was gone;

We returned to the camp outside Trinsic, and by now considerably depressed, I quickly ran all my own characters to the book spawner, to ensure I could hand those on to people who missed the event and didn't let me have their account for the day too, and then logged off. I thus missed what ever Dupre and Fynn had to say I'm afraid, but I did get one final screenshot of Noskette fanning the crowds cool after their long struggle...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He just had the sense to go get drunk instead of joining the battle....

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I's on three pictures ... I's famous!

Was fun, despite crashing an awe-inspiring 34 times and getting no scroll. And in case you are wondering who Adol is talking about: I was one of the first ones down in Exodus Dungeon which proved to be a colour-changing problem *giggles madly*. Shame though that in the end a lot of people left unhappy with missing out on the spoils ... there's definetely room for improvement there.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good event,
I didnt die as much as i thought i would, got 2 scrolls at the end but had 20-30 crash's between 2 accounts :(
Thank you to all the tanks! and thanks to the EM's for making it good.
Also so funny seeing the newb chars from other shards die! :devil:
Oh, nice pics btw Esca :)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven`t been able to participate in an event for quite some time, so it was great to be in one that drew so many people, even though many were visitors. I spent quite some time beforehand going through options in EC and reducing everything, including removing overhead text. The latter was important I think. During the event I experienced major lag fighting Exodus, but the EC didn`t crash once.

I didn`t expect to get a scroll. I have attended events before and I am usually not of the lucky ones, but last night I managed to aqquire one. Amazing.

Great event. Exodus looked mean!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good pics and story Aron :)

The artwork for Exodus is amazing, really like it.

13? You were clearly not trying, classic client and I managed 37 ... one ten minute spell where I logged in, saw the text start scrolling by for the stat and skill changes for the equipment I wear, and then locked up and the client died... relaunch it, and repeat ...
Haha, yeh I'd had enough at 13, didn't want anymore :devil:

I was using classic client too, and got the same - login, see text for stats then crash, so at the 10th crash when I finally got back in, I turned off show names of approaching players and increase in stats. Still had a few more crashes, but once Exodus spawned I didn't crash again.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I spent quite some time beforehand going through options in EC and reducing everything, including removing overhead text. The latter was important I think. During the event I experienced major lag fighting Exodus, but the EC didn`t crash once.
I went to the event with the EC with all settings at maximum except for particle effects (low), and I never crashed and only lagged once. +1 for the EC!

And I also got a scroll :) Me happy!

I took a ton of screenshots but I don't know if I have a decent picture of the Big Bad Guy, I still need to check my screenshot folder.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mixed feelings about this event. I think the scene was very well set with effectively a new dungeon for the encounter. I too unfortunately fell victim to the multiple crash, log in, crash, log in scenarion. In fact I had crashed several times and thought maybe the whole thing had gone awry. So I contacted Aurelius on ICQ to see how he was doing and on being told he had no problem continued trying. This immediately cursed Aurelius as he then promptly started crashing. My crashes slowly decreased and at the end I had no problem at all for maybe the last 15 mins. As to the encounter with Exodus (wonderfully drawn and played in my opinion) I did some damage but nearing the end when his stat bar still showed a decent amount of life left he seemed to disappear. Apparently he died but I thought he had teleported away and went looking. By the time I realised he had died and went looking for the corpse it was just the mass repository so if I had looting rights or not I will never know. As to the reward I think the scroll was a bad idea. Unless everyone got one it was sure to generate ill-feeling, With the huge mass of players at the Europa event it was certain that many would be dissapointed. A far better reward I think was for everone to get a copy of the Journal, it is a memento of a great event which will now be a part of UO history., I shall treasure mine. The reward of a scroll was also the cause of a large influx of players from other shards which didnt help players with lag or crashing problems. A reward of a journal at the event for ALL shards would have reduced this immeasurably. All in all a great event which could have been a bit better.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed Bobar; what I think should have been done is that the clicky at the end should have been a reward from Dupre of the scroll, as thanks to all who sacrificed themselves that day, and the book should have been the random loot on Exodus. It would have made more sense from both a lore and fairness perspective (why is Exodus rewarding us for killing him? But he could have been reading the Blackthorn journal to discover what his plans against him were) as well as being consistent with previous policy for EMs of no gameplay changing rewards.

And of course, even if people don't get access to the specific named scroll in the future (leave it as an event memento) there really has to be alternate ways to get the +5 stats... perhaps this will be awarded over the week of the 15th anniversary? We can only hope...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at these screenshots I'm glad I decided not to attend, it being my birthday and as I suspected a total lag/crash fest :D Does anyone have a spare of the Blackthorn journals (if unique hue/graphic) I could buy or one I could copy please?

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at these screenshots I'm glad I decided not to attend, it being my birthday and as I suspected a total lag/crash fest :D Does anyone have a spare of the Blackthorn journals (if unique hue/graphic) I could buy or one I could copy please?
Ill sell you a blackthorns journal for 5gp (unique hue)

K

Kou (DoT)

I quite enjoyed it.

Even though I didn't get a scroll, and I crashed enough times that I got bored of counting, it was still an enjoyable little adventure.
Though, the conduct of certain groups really did sour it a bit for me :(

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quite enjoyed it.

Even though I didn't get a scroll, and I crashed enough times that I got bored of counting, it was still an enjoyable little adventure.
Though, the conduct of certain groups really did sour it a bit for me :(
You can be seen, very faintly, in some of my screenshots... I did wonder if Exodus suddenly died because you'd eaten the last of his health in one big gulp :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can be seen, very faintly, in some of my screenshots... I did wonder if Exodus suddenly died because you'd eaten the last of his health in one big gulp :p
I think that's exactly what happened. He reached the stage at which word of death could be cast on him. I know I was casting that.

K

Kou (DoT)

Too much metal, so bad for digestion :(

I spent a lot of time licking my wounds... He was bad for my spellsongs, so most of my time was spent trying to balance being in range to buff party members (and not getting any credit for it ;_;) and far away enough that he didn't nom all my mana and health, and ressing any ghosts I saw.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Threw in Exodus stats on my screenies Petra if you wanted to add him to hunters guide :), just need to get a decent picture of him heh

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I contacted Aurelius on ICQ to see how he was doing and on being told he had no problem continued trying. This immediately cursed Aurelius as he then promptly started crashing. My crashes slowly decreased and at the end I had no problem at all for maybe the last 15 mins.
Oddly, the earlier stages ran really smoothly for me - no issues at all with the big crowd, or spamming spellcasters, went across the desert fine, and no hassles in the upper stage of Exodus lair - but when we got into the new part, and especially when near those walls..... not good.

Appreciated the final stages though, the EMs seemed to delay the big finale until a majority of the crashing folks were back in. Mind you that was also the bit where I died shooting Exodus and got my memorial death robe for the event. :)

S

Spoontoes

yay! I'm in (at least) two of Escaflownes pictures! that's a first for me :)