• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Britain - Ghosts of WBB Past - Sunday, June 8th 7:00 - 7:45 EST

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I had to be so brief in my last message, had RL business to attend to, but wanted to mention some of the my favorite WBB things people did that brought back memories or made me smile/laugh:

- Saw a "Selling Castle in Malas" - thought that was kind of funny
- Selling Insurance - Clever
- Selling Black Dye Tub - 50k (This was really cool as you may remember from back in the day when people would pull that by handing you a bag with the regular tub inside it, but the inside of the tub had been covered/hidden with what I think was usually black yarn). I had completely forgotten about that old scam, but it was great to see it referenced again.
- Richard Garriott character
*Probably others that I missed

Wanted to read more profiles, but was busy gating that I did not get to check many at all if anyone had written anything substantial. I did see Faenwan (TDO* - sorry if I am misspelling this) had a nice RP story about the character.

Anyways will try to post updated photo(s) tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luckily nobody in TNT multiclients =]

I'm not feeling the hate for this one. Seems like it would be better spent elsewhere.

Luckily my opinion doesn't matter. Proceed.

Hate? That's an awfully strong word there, Wulfie. I don't hate anyone here. This is a game, in case you have forgotten. This forum is, at least for some of us, an extension of the game and in game my alliance and gil are enemies. There is nothing more to it, so lets try not take things written here quite so seriously, mmkay? :heart:

And furthermore, there is no one in TnT that multiclients and I do not appreciate your insinuation that there is. Please correct yourself and avoid accusing my guildmates of such things in the future.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja there is a red player there called Flame in your guild, did you know her very well as I came to siege from Europa with a person called Flame, only pic could find was this one of us doing a champ spawn in 2004:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/Katt162/uotdp.jpg

She was the only person I played UO with back then and I left in 2004 because she started playing something else, was wondering if this is the same person, she did have a red for a bit but not a real one.
I have only known her as red, I don't remember if she was from EU. She did play year 2004, have not seen her since. We made the guild CAT and was hunting male chars and had a lot of fun as we would RP too and try to make them dance for us

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Because it was a trammified Gil event and if a red showed up, Hoffs would disappear so fast you wouldn't even notice the puff of smoke. :devil:
Now you are not fair Kat, there was several reds, and none of them was kicked out of the house. If I remember right, even WyRm was there, at least several J-D was there.
And it was not a GIL event but I^A Town event.

Last edited:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now you are not fair Kat, there was several reds, and none of them was kicked out of the house. If I remember right, even WyRm was there, at least several J-D was there.
And it was not a GIL event but I^A Town event.
I was speaking of the Gil event this weekend, not the one you are speaking of. I^A always welcomed everyone, blues and reds alike and even welcomed the battles that inevitably ensued at most of their events. Those events were some of the best fun I have ever had on Siege. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry then, my mistake. And yes I do agree about I^A

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:drama: - you should relax, it is just an event idea. It may be popular or may not be, but Brit bank was popular far before Trammel. Anyone who has played back then will remember those days.

I am sure we will see busloads of trammel players voting in the election with bought votes, and not from me. I am simply hosting this event to show I would try to make a difference. If it wins me votes, great. If I don't win, it really doesn't bother me. I am just having fun with the election itself as nothing was done in Britain for quite some time. I think being a governor takes a lot of work and I will just have more free time to do other things.

PS. The current governor supports INSURANCE. Talk about Trammel. Need a direct quote? - See below. I think he is your ally too?

http://stratics.com/community/threads/discussion-on-insurance-trolls-on.308449/#post-2336722

"Bo suggested years ago that insurance would actually keep alot of people here. Most people who wear good stuff hate losing there suits. Bo doesnt believe people who say they would leave if there was insurance. Insurance at this point in time would hurt very few, and we would gain more than we would lose. More people are here for the attackablity factor, the ability to be attacked or attack anyone anywhere outside of the gz.
And to hide stealth is way overpowered on siege, it is like having insurance. There should be passive reveal on siege, just like on prodo."
Just wows on this one.
1. you imply someone is buying votes. And you arent implying your alliance mates, so you mean the Bo. Bo doesnt buy votes, arent you the one giving away money to get votes?
2. You calling the Bo a trammy is pretty funny. If you care to settle this like men please find the bo in game and we can have ourselves a fight. See now only a trammy will double talk there way outta of fight they picked. Let's see what you do.
3. You are right The Bo suggested the idea and still likes the idea of insurance here. WHY??????????? it is clear in your quote, the bo is doing this for the people.. Certainly not for Bo's own personal gains, Bo gains a hell of a lot more without insurance. See that is the difference between the Bo and others, the Bo puts the people first. You put you and yours first. Hell Bo reread that thread and Bo even mentioned that hide stealth was OP. And guess what 1.5 years later it is still op. And anyone who says it isnt is out for themselves.
The Bo was trying to gain and keep more people here to play. Maybe you and yours arent lookin for that, you are trying to keep the shard for yourselves, well dont you worry The Bo is here to fight your tyranny.

Remember a vote for Hugibear is a vote the Bo, Vote Now in Britain for Hugibear!

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for the record and not that it matters one way or the other, but Holden (me) and all my characters are not in GIL nor do I have any houses in GIL's town. I don't think I have ever really been a part of their Guild except for maybe 2 weeks or so many years ago when another player, Zonk, told me he thought I should give it a try. I appreciate that so many of them came to the event, which was open to everyone, and there were plenty of people there who were not GIL either.

When I joined Siege, I started in I^A. I was recruited to play here by "Dragman/Ragman" - who I had known from very early UO days as Cling-on/Shaggy from Catskills. He was on his way out of the game and I was returning after a long break and looking for a new start. For anyone who started in Catskills, that was my home with the Mage Tower and Mage Tower Alliance being where I spent most of my time. GM's had placed a tower on the water just West of the town (Fel) and it was a place for players to come and learn the magic arts. When Trammel came, it died and eventually fell into the waters, but I digress.

Here on Siege, I remember sharing a house with a nice couple who were in I^A, but I can't for the life of me, remember their names, until I was able to save up for my own. I think I played for several months and took another break and when I returned again, I^A had been disbanded. I remember starting a vendor at Patty Pickaxe's umbra house just outside the umbra town and selling Solen Goods to buy bells with and that was the beginning of my collection. In fact, I think whoever used to own that Skara Gate house was a member of TnT, who sold me over 100 bells one day.

Anyways for the past several years, I have primarily been playing solo.

Thanks

Last edited:

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wows on this one.
1. you imply someone is buying votes. And you arent implying your alliance mates, so you mean the Bo. Bo doesnt buy votes, arent you the one giving away money to get votes?
2. You calling the Bo a trammy is pretty funny. If you care to settle this like men please find the bo in game and we can have ourselves a fight. See now only a trammy will double talk there way outta of fight they picked. Let's see what you do.
3. You are right The Bo suggested the idea and still likes the idea of insurance here. WHY??????????? it is clear in your quote, the bo is doing this for the people.. Certainly not for Bo's own personal gains, Bo gains a hell of a lot more without insurance. See that is the difference between the Bo and others, the Bo puts the people first. You put you and yours first. Hell Bo reread that thread and Bo even mentioned that hide stealth was OP. And guess what 1.5 years later it is still op. And anyone who says it isnt is out for themselves.
The Bo was trying to gain and keep more people here to play. Maybe you and yours arent lookin for that, you are trying to keep the shard for yourselves, well dont you worry The Bo is here to fight your tyranny.

Remember a vote for Hugibear is a vote the Bo, Vote Now in Britain for Hugibear!
1.) Actually, it was reverse. One cannot buy votes with Gold, it has to be done with boards/ingots to get the player rep. Also this event was open to everyone regardless of citizen status. I am sure you will win the election Bo, do not worry if you are concerned. I have no tricks up my sleeve.

2.) I accept, but what will killing me prove? I will be happy to duel anytime in any arena. I never claimed to be good at PvP, but I also am not 'afraid' of dying. I think that is the problem with PvP here, (*most) of the great PvP'ers all want to be allies and kill only those who do not PvP.

3.) We have the same goals, just because my method is different than yours, doesn't mean either of us isn't trying to do the same thing. Gosh, remember we even once talking together of starting a 'Good' PvP guild?

Look, I even wanted to be part of your style of event? Not bad for a "Trammie" huh?
http://stratics.com/community/threads/mage-duel-league-and-event-idea-can-we-pull-this-off.315149/

Thanks.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't understand why Bo believe item insurance will help Siege. It will only help the ones who can afford insure their items, the young and poor will run out of money and they will get rez killed way more than they do now.
Sure I never played with Item Insurance but I can see a lot bad coming from it. Right now, people buy very few weapons, if we had item insurance our crafters would get hurt badly and prices for combat items would raise sky high.
I don't think Bo understand what he wish for.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You should tell us a little about what you did for Britain as governor this last term so people know what they can look forward to if you get re-elected. :scholar:

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wowies zowies holden you are just making up stuff now.. why not tell the truth or if you dont know the truth dont make up stuff.
Just because you dont know the truth doesnt mean you can just make up whatever you like and call it the truth.
Bo guild hopping really bo has been on siege for what 8+ years. in that time bo has been in 3 guilds. How many you in??
Bo came here with waka, and is/was the last waka standing. Bo didnt leave waka, waka left siege. Than bo went to Koc/Evo (same guild), again they left for atlantic and the bo stayed on siege. Again bo was without a guild, and met a guy named Parium and a lovely lady named Kaisa and together we formed the Pirates. During Bo's time as a pirate, kage and forsaken came back to siege (evo) and what did bo do. Bo stayed with Bo's pirates and fought against them. They are still Bo's bros but Bo wouldnt betray Bo's current guild, so the bo fought against them.

And you seem to think you know Bo's style of events. Really cause Bo kills people this means bo doesnt enjoy other kind of events? You really have the bo pegged as something that bo isnt. And this is sad that you see someone like bo and assume bo is a certain way. Why not open your eyes?

As for Freja you say and the bo will quote you "I have never played with item insurance but i can see a lot of bad coming from it" If you have never played with or even seen it in action for youself, how can you make a comment like that? Bo completely understands what bo wishes for. This quote was from dec 2013 and what has changed on siege? have we seen the population go up? Has bo missed the tons of people coming over from prodo? Weapon sales are down? When were they up? Crafter would get hurt badly, when were they doing well 2006? With the introduction of soulstones everyone pretty much makes there own stuff or has a guild do it for them. Hence taking pretty much all the profit out of it. Where are these crafters vendors on siege and how much are they making?
Prices would go up? Do you understand what makes prices go up? A market for the stuff. There currently is no market, because there are so few buyers. So if you got buyers (more people here) prices will go up for everything. And btw shame quality loot is still better than what you can craft.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should tell us a little about what you did for Britain as governor this last term so people know what they can look forward to if you get re-elected. :scholar:
Bo did use bo's own gold for the ssi and fc1 enhancement. Bo also donated bo's own personal gold for the good of other towns. Thats right that big auction that took place, britain was not envolved not for the lack of trying but it was made clear by Baby Doll that because the bo beat out her guildie that brit was not to be envolved in it. Again it was you & yours shunning the Bo, because of the bo beating you.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey, this should keep an interesting few days for voting, I believe there is three candidates in Britain now, :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As for Freja you say and the bo will quote you "I have never played with item insurance but i can see a lot of bad coming from it" If you have never played with or even seen it in action for youself, how can you make a comment like that? Bo completely understands what bo wishes for. This quote was from dec 2013 and what has changed on siege? have we seen the population go up? Has bo missed the tons of people coming over from prodo? Weapon sales are down? When were they up? Crafter would get hurt badly, when were they doing well 2006? With the introduction of soulstones everyone pretty much makes there own stuff or has a guild do it for them. Hence taking pretty much all the profit out of it. Where are these crafters vendors on siege and how much are they making?
Prices would go up? Do you understand what makes prices go up? A market for the stuff. There currently is no market, because there are so few buyers. So if you got buyers (more people here) prices will go up for everything. And btw shame quality loot is still better than what you can craft.
I don't think Bo do understand it :p If I had liked Item Insurance, I would had played just a little on normal shards but I can't stand the effect of Item Insurance together with Trammel ruleset. Nothing good comes from Item Insurance IMO
I sell suits, just not weapon because of Siege Bless. I would hate to see any kind of more blessing or Item Insurance here, it would ruin Siege and with V vs V, no one would choose Siege

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wowies zowies holden you are just making up stuff now.. why not tell the truth or if you dont know the truth dont make up stuff.
Just because you dont know the truth doesnt mean you can just make up whatever you like and call it the truth.
Bo guild hopping really bo has been on siege for what 8+ years. in that time bo has been in 3 guilds. How many you in??
Bo came here with waka, and is/was the last waka standing. Bo didnt leave waka, waka left siege. Than bo went to Koc/Evo (same guild), again they left for atlantic and the bo stayed on siege. Again bo was without a guild, and met a guy named Parium and a lovely lady named Kaisa and together we formed the Pirates. During Bo's time as a pirate, kage and forsaken came back to siege (evo) and what did bo do. Bo stayed with Bo's pirates and fought against them. They are still Bo's bros but Bo wouldnt betray Bo's current guild, so the bo fought against them.

And you seem to think you know Bo's style of events. Really cause Bo kills people this means bo doesnt enjoy other kind of events? You really have the bo pegged as something that bo isnt. And this is sad that you see someone like bo and assume bo is a certain way. Why not open your eyes?

Hey Bo, alright the guild hopping remark was petty and I apologize to you for it and removed it.

I think of you looked closer you would see the assumptions/accusations being made about me. I didn't say that was the only style of event you like, I just saw you as a sponsor of it and wanted to mention that I as well as others who were at Brit bank also supported that event too.

Your guild was able to control all factions with alts, friends, etc. I am just me, not in any big alliances, etc. I don't have near that power.

So I hosted an event. I enjoyed it a lot and hope we can just move forward.

Last edited:

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate? That's an awfully strong word there... This forum is an extension of the game. Lets try not take things written here quite so seriously, mmkay? :heart:
You took the word "Hate" pretty seriously there.

And furthermore, there is no one in TnT that multiclients and I do not appreciate your insinuation that there is. Please correct yourself and avoid accusing my guildmates of such things in the future.
Multiclienting is no longer an offense, unless the client itself is modified. I am not "accusing" anybody of anything. I will not even clarify further on this sentence, beyond a raised eyebrow and a wry smile.

Apparently we haven't hung out in too long. It's like you don't get me any more.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think Bo do understand it :p If I had liked Item Insurance, I would had played just a little on normal shards but I can't stand the effect of Item Insurance together with Trammel ruleset. Nothing good comes from Item Insurance IMO
I sell suits, just not weapon because of Siege Bless. I would hate to see any kind of more blessing or Item Insurance here, it would ruin Siege and with V vs V, no one would choose Siege
No one is choosing siege see that is the problem. You offer them nothing but grief. When someone new here dies, they take it personally, and at that point in time they realize how hard it really is without any kind of insurance. This is when it hits them that when they die they lose it all. Bo still hasnt seen the "nothing good comes from item insurance" argument.

Saying armor wont sell is crazy goto a prodo shard and look for a vendor selling armor you will find tons even on a dead shard. And what is this effect of item insurance you are talking about?

Listen keeping it the way it is only benefits the Bo, and people like the Bo. Those of us with a crap ton of gold. Bo can afford so much better gear. This creates a bigger gap between the haves and havenots. There is no end all solution, just a suggestion. And as bo stated in that thread in dec2013, you can suggest all you like and come up with all these different ideas that the devs dont have time to make and test. Or you can go with something that is already in game, and would take little to no work.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that right there is a crock of crap and you know it.
you dont like the bo so you excluded brit from day one.
which is kinda of funny, why do you hate the bo so much? cause the bo beats you?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that right there is a crock of crap and you know it.
Is it?

So that is Minoc, Moonglow, New Mag & Trinsic signed-up. How about Brit, Jhelom and Skara?
Two days later:

Thanks for the replies and offers to help out. So we now have Jhelom, Minoc, Moonglow, New Mag, Skara, Trinsic, Vesper. Just waiting to hear from Britain.
And you even quoted this last post from Hoffs so that means you read it.
You said you didn´t read most of the thread but that is no one elses fault but yours. You saw the invitation but you choose yourself not to be involved.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/trade-deal-challenge.314262/

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
again reread the first post in that thread it is clear that your alliance didnt want to involve brit because of the hatred towards the Bo.
But again the Bo still donated...

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again reread the first post in that thread it is clear that your alliance didnt want to involve brit because of the hatred towards the Bo.
But again the Bo still donated...
I somehow feel that any rational person reading that thread, particularly from post #12 onwards (a section of which is quoted below), would come to a very different conclusion.

Following the event, the "accounts" would be published. The total commission received would be split equally amongst the seven towns with governors,

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think we got ourselves the Kings and Queens of derailing threads here :p I would like to say, Good luck to everyone in the running and hopefully we can keep harmony between all cities. May peace be with you all through out this very fun few days :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Sometimes... ya just can not save the world.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord