• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Britain bank decorations

Which Britain bank style better for SP?

• I like old Brit bank (without decor)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • I like new Brit bank

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like primal design of Brit bank - without decorations at the roof. Now Brit bank look like circus.. Its not really good for a bank reputation hehe

As SP is quite oldschool server, it would be cool to return style of Brit bank to initial design (at other servers there are a lot of decorations too, so we would be quite unique).

What do you think? Please vote.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
SP is not an oldschool server, was never meant to be.
It was meant to be a server without the easy play we see on other shards and without alot limits to PvP.
You want it to stay just like when it was born in 1999, but we have moved forward just like the other shards.
I love the look of Brit Bank and I love costumizing houses, Ilsehnar, Zento, Ter Mur, High Sea.
I could had been fine without Luna and Malas.

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Freja, its not about customized houses, Zento & etc :confused:

This topic and poll is about Brit bank. Only Brit bank.

Imho, its not a bank right now, its circus with too bright design :arr: Lets discuss it hehe

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The banks were deco'd because people complained that they were bare, ugly and boring. So Mesanna, on each shard, had a deco contest. Many people worked hard to design what they thought would be esthetically pleasing. I've not a clue who designed Siege's bank as there is no plaque and I wasn't around at that time but I like it.
Personally I think the bare big box look is ugly.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's pointless without a reason to go to the bank.

I agree with the suggestion made on the forum last week or two, that we should consolidate all shard banks into just a few locations. Luna should have a bank, West Brit, and maybe 2 or 3 other locations. Those should be the only banking locations on a small populated shard. That way we can actually come across other players once in awhile. Also, to promote increase in shard populations, there should be some reward or incentive to sitting at the banks, including the risk of thievery. Make it profitable to trade goods near the bank, or even necessary.

Make it worthwhile to bring the shard together. So far, only players and player run events are bringing the shard together. The game engineers are not doing their jobs.........

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, its not about customized houses, Zento & etc :confused:

This topic and poll is about Brit bank. Only Brit bank.

Imho, its not a bank right now, its circus with too bright design :arr: Lets discuss it hehe
Sorry but I like Brit bank as it is now :)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;)
I understand your nostalgia for the Brit bank of old, but I'm afraid Thomas Wolfe had it about right - you can't go home again....
I had to vote no.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
;)
I understand your nostalgia for the Brit bank of old, but I'm afraid Thomas Wolfe had it about right - you can't go home again....
I had to vote no.
Face it, Siege has become the Deco Shard...

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's pointless without a reason to go to the bank.

I agree with the suggestion made on the forum last week or two, that we should consolidate all shard banks into just a few locations. Luna should have a bank, West Brit, and maybe 2 or 3 other locations. Those should be the only banking locations on a small populated shard. That way we can actually come across other players once in awhile. Also, to promote increase in shard populations, there should be some reward or incentive to sitting at the banks, including the risk of thievery. Make it profitable to trade goods near the bank, or even necessary.

Make it worthwhile to bring the shard together. So far, only players and player run events are bringing the shard together. The game engineers are not doing their jobs.........
Yeah. With current population there are no chances to meet other players. If there would be one bank (I made this proposal week ago but people don't like it) - it could help us to meet each other.

But still I don't wanna meet at pinky-panty-deco Brit bank. I wanna normal, serious bank, which has to be protected from robbery - solid walls and grey stone. It was created by Lord British, there were logic and beauty. Now its tasteless pony-dolly-smily-lolly (imho).

Face it, Siege has become the Deco Shard...
Its sad, but I think you are right. SP now like a big doll's house. And whats interesting - people don't want to change it, most players enjoy everything as it is.

I'm starting to feel myself at SP as a foreign alien :shots:

Last edited:

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Changes occur very slowly on SP, but I support your ideas Tangar. Also I feel your Russian tutorials will help the shard very much.

I like your idea about consolidating banks.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tangar, a serious question if I may...

Wouldn't any of the other banks fit your needs? The other Britain bank, Glow, Serpents etc?
Is it nostalgia for the way things use to be? I know you said you didn't like the way it looks now but I'm wondering if it's something more than that.

Respectfully,

AW

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Barania & ApollyonSP :beer:

Amber Witch, I dont speak about other banks because I started to play UO at Drachenfels (1999) at Britain. Its my homeland. I was spinning around at Brit bank all days. I got loads of memories about this place. Then I went to free shards and again I banked at Brit bank. It was main hub in UO (before Luna-portal come) and it was awesome.

I respect man who decored it. This decor is nice, but it fitted in a wrong place. Now this place has nothing common with a Brit bank - its like parody at old times. Brit bank - its like monument of old UO. Why to decor monuments?

Reactions: Kat

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
......Why to decor monuments?
After a lot of years, people just became bored with it.... If you'd stayed here instead of hanging around that free shard, you could have argued against it....
Just sayin..:cool:

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
After a lot of years, people just became bored with it.... If you'd stayed here instead of hanging around that free shard, you could have argued against it....
Just sayin..:cool:
I play SP since 2004 :) Most free shards in my life were at 2000-2003.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The deco is not the reason players do not use the bank.
We do have alot more banks now, even on Siege. We need new reasons to use the Towns.

One thing that make it hard for newbies are the Faction taxes, sometimes stuff a newbie need cost alot in Britain. Hope the factions taxes will go away with the Virtue vs Vice system.
A few community vendors (New Magincia stall vendors) at Brit bank could help too.

I always wanted to see rented rooms in all the not used town houses, that would help building town community too

Maybe a few quest npc would help too, special some for newbies.

Thanks for your great works with the Videos, I know it did already bring some new players to Siege.

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The deco is not the reason players do not use the bank.
We do have alot more banks now, even on Siege. We need new reasons to use the Towns.
Its true. But this topic-poll has nothing about visiting towns. "Visiting towns problem" - its very important topic and we need to disscuss it, but here we just disscuss decoration of Brit bank - very small problem; nethertheless this problem.

Anyway.. Poll results shows that people like new bank more then old (7 vs 12). Really strange results but.. its what we got at SP atm hehe

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway.. Poll results shows that people like new bank more then old (7 vs 12). Really strange results but.. its what we got at SP atm hehe[/QUOTE]

Wonder what poll results might have been had you added a third option about a new look for Britain bank?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The women outvoted the men 14-10 :next:

Wow, and the birthday ribbon is awesome, I may have to become a Stratics Pro just for that. Thank you Stratics.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Happy Birthday to you GarthGrey, yes we are a lot womens on Siege. :) Guess we like men without Trammy blood :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The women outvoted the men 14-10 :next:

Wow, and the birthday ribbon is awesome, I may have to become a Stratics Pro just for that. Thank you Stratics.
Hey! Wait a minute... What?

Happy Birthday Garth! May there be pink panties in yer future.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Troll!

And Garth, I am female and I do not have a preference for the pinky panty deco bank of Brit.