• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brit bank

S

<Seth>

So i just activated my old Uo acount and i see brit bank not only beeing totaly empty but also alot of flower arrangements and benches all over the place.
Noone sells their crap at the bank anymore?:confused:

J

JPDefault

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for at the Luna bank.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone moved to Luna bank when Brit got invaded. Sad indeed cause Luna sucks. Im hoping everyone will go back to Brit bank.

C

cheerful

This is the second make over and I think it's great now.
BOMB LUNA

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they should make an ongoing invasion of Luna so the bank isn't safe, that way everyone would move back to Brit like they did to Luna when Brit was invaded. Could be something simple like Necromancers from Umbra invade Luna. Knights vs Necromancers, arn't they enemies anyway? :) Could be a little sideline EM event.

Darn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive me, I am currently thinking about getting back to OSI (currently playing on...well, another shard ;). I made use of the veteran-offer (?) and logged in for free a couple of days ago. I was quite shocked, seeing only 2-3 players at the WBB. When I quit in the beginning of 2005 there was quite some action around the WBB; I would say about 20-30 player every evening.

So, I understand everyones moved to Luna? What was the Brit Bank Invasion? And when?

Do you think there is a significant drop in players from 2005 to now? Or still the same level?

C

cheerful

Cant remember the date of the invasion but it was a global event whereby the town was constantly attacked by rampaging mobs, great for us fighters of freedom but not so great for bank sitters. Excellent event actually.

I expect the player base is down from 2005 and the additional land masses has spread people out alot more but there are lots of active groups in the game still.

M

Mession

This is the second make over and I think it's great now.
BOMB LUNA
or a plague that closes all the npc shops due to illness
Brit bank is a dead place, Luna is a bank that has all the needed NPC's at a few steps, lots of shops near Luna, the bank, etc... You guys should assume it, Brit doesnt have anything good for the people to stay.

O

Out of Date

Forgive me, I am currently thinking about getting back to OSI (currently playing on...well, another shard ;). I made use of the veteran-offer (?) and logged in for free a couple of days ago. I was quite shocked, seeing only 2-3 players at the WBB. When I quit in the beginning of 2005 there was quite some action around the WBB; I would say about 20-30 player every evening.

So, I understand everyones moved to Luna? What was the Brit Bank Invasion? And when?

Do you think there is a significant drop in players from 2005 to now? Or still the same level?

There are very few players left
few as in less than the low population before

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are very few players left

Hmm. Could you define exactly what you mean by 'few' please? Because context and personal perspective is important with that one.

I still see as many folks about now as I did when I started to play three years ago. Youngs/returnees are a bit like buses; you won't see any for a lil while, then there will be lots at once! We might not have as many players as some MMORPG's out there, but we sure did get the best ones, especially on Europa!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
asking here is a great way to get started,also it might be an idea to try a trial account and test the waters so to speak for yourself. Just a warning though don't judge things on how many are at britain bank as peeps have moved to luna bank, also most are out adventuring and training in the new lands. you can find some very helpful peeps at new heaven too, if you like what you see then reactive your account and come join the fun.

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brit bank is a dead place, Luna is a bank that has all the needed NPC's at a few steps, lots of shops near Luna, the bank, etc... You guys should assume it, Brit doesnt have anything good for the people to stay.
It's dead because of the invasion, Luna bank has all the needed except for bank sitting, there is no room enough, no benches, nothing. Have you seen many tamers in Luna selling dragons and stuff, no because there is no room and if someone comes with a dragon, they fill half the bank. It just doesnt feel the same banksitting anymore, I am not sure if you used to gate and banksit on brit, that was different, and everybody miss it; except you maybe, of course your shop is right near Luna moongate...
I have shops in Luna, but I miss when we used to shop in Vesper, cove, yew and all around brittania, we don't need everything all together, we got runebooks for that, and if we hadn't Luna, the gating, rune droping and such would be much more alive than it is now, people now just place vendors in Luna and wait stuff to be sold.

Having Luna bank for NPC's, Luna for shops, and Brit for banksiting are total diferent things, and we can have them all.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Says he with the Luna shop :lol:

Brit Bank has soul, something Luna has always and will always lack.

I die a little inside everytime I am forced to set foot in Luna.

Resurrect Brit Bank! :thumbsup:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild leader is a newbie :fight:
You have to love her anyways otherwise she will punish you or send her husband to do the dirty work.

love you though :heart:

Is that 'Sweden, the home of the brave' or 'Sweden, the home of the suicidal'? :D

It's just as well I love you guys too :grouphug: