• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brit Bank

What bank do you like best? (one week poll)

• Brit

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Luna

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a screenshot on an old laptop from 2001 I had... And it was of Brit Bank... and it was FULL of players!

I wanna have an event there or something to possibly spark the interest of Brit Bank population again. We have been shoved in a jar for too long at Luna Malas... and I know people have tried and tried and tried to get people back to Brit and it was fail.

So do you have any ideas?

I saw something on another shard about 6 months ago... Someone came in and took screen shots and if you were in it doing this this and that you got "X" amount of points... And they did it from date A-B. And person with the most points got like 20 mil... And Brit is STILL thriving there.

So I actually wanna take a vote... Brit, Luna or Other... Whatever wins, I'll decide what I might wanna do.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends where im playing, Obviously Luna is the place now days on pac, but on atl, siege, i use brit, free server its between del or brit.

S

Skaith

They really need to do something to Brit on Pac like they did with other Shards.

But I love Brit always will. It beets Luna anyday

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, personally I miss Old Haven... LOTS of good times from there, why did they rip that from us? It was well populated... I just miss it. Wish they would consider giving it back.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to love Brit, but now it's just dead. I second wishing the devs would just do something with Brit bank on our shard as they have on others. =[ I think that would really liven things up. Luna is, however, the most convenient. Vendors, tailor, mage shop, and black smith makes everything super easy. All it's missing is a fletcher.

S

SUPRsalad

Theres nothing about a bank to love or hate. they are strictly functional at best. . . If I told you which bank I used, you would know exactly what I don't want you to.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All it's missing is a fletcher.
Check the carpentry shop. There's a fletcher in that mix of NPC's on most shards. I'd be surprised if you didn't have one was well. Their title is Bowyer and they carry a bow around.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brit was the greatest , but... It will never be the same..

Luna is my vote because there are local shops where you can buy 1337 gears and spend all your money!!! :thumbsup:

S

suprshadow

hell yeah. that mage shop is over priced to the max!!!!

S

SUPRsalad

Can we start hanging out at brit bank fel again? LIke, can we be cool kids and smoke cigarettes and play hackey sack there. . . *and occasionally gank/duel the **** out of eachother?

M

mutau

Brit was the greatest , but... It will never be the same..

Luna is my vote because there are local shops where you can buy 1337 gears and spend all your money!!! :thumbsup:
YUP! i prefer a bank close to where i'm shopping. Less trips = better shopping experience.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favourite banks used to be Skara and Occlo, but WBB was fun to.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I prefer Luna due to 1) proximity of vendors, 2) proximity of moongate, and 3) the bustling atmosphere.

Brit bank is too slow for my taste.

BloodRavenFL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to love moonglow. It was my hometown when players mostly stuck to one city. =]

Not gonna lie. Moonglow is the ****.Cool bank Its a mage town. Everything right in there.

and the teleporter system.

**** Brit. I say we all move to Moonglow. Way better. AAAANNNDDD there are shoppps!

R

Rand Al

i remember when moonglow was big but brit was where it was at cause the size of it held all the people but now there is half the people so you need half the space. Even skara was busy mostly the rpers i miss those guys. Luna has all the crafting places near by so it is a nice place to do work and one heck of a shopping center but i like the look of brit

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not gonna lie. Moonglow is the ****.Cool bank Its a mage town. Everything right in there.

and the teleporter system.

**** Brit. I say we all move to Moonglow. Way better. AAAANNNDDD there are shoppps!
The only thing that Moonglow doesn't have is a fletcher, I think. But everything else is there, the size is pretty much perfect (Brit was just too big back when I was a newbie and I got lost a lot) and people always sat next to the blacksmith shop chatting away.
I moved to Skara soon thereafter, though. But I always returned to glow. =]

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't underestimate Old Haven now..

THAT was a fun town! I used to banksit at the same spot for like 4 years before they detroyed it.

I started out I believe in Brit or Moonglow... Probably Brit... 12 years ago is a long time and as my good frined always says "I've smoked pot since then"... Well, I did... Once... Anyway, with 100 gold... and when Haven came out, I believe that's when I really started getting into UO... MANY guild fights there, memories, and Order/Chaos fights...

Personal enemies:
Fingolfin
Moryia
SOmetimes Ang and the entire MEC roster

Met a lot of cool peeps there... Molasar, Raisen, Watoo... Good times... One of my most successful guilds ... Metal Babies (\m/) was created there, and dominated for a while... Even dominated FL on the field for about a month, then I quit and the guild fell apart... I always wonder how big we could have been, we had some big name players... but they were noobs then, now they run big pvp guilds.

Sorry for the blabble, drunk.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who was Moryia? For some reason, the name rings a bell.
A really funny, sarcastic person that wouls sometimes hold me speechless... He is one of those people if you see walk through town, you get excited... Even though we were enemoies, he was really the one true person that I can say gave me a challenge with words.

I remember he talked me into going to Trin Fel gater for a duel... I was still pretty green at this time... And he got me there, and Paralized me and Expl Corp Por on me... pared me, and did it again till I was dead... looted my armor and sold it back to me on a vendor he had for DOUBLE what I paid for it... It was Valorite armor! Oh man I was pissed... But since then, I learned about resisting spells.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i remember when moonglow was big but brit was where it was at cause the size of it held all the people but now there is half the people so you need half the space. Even skara was busy mostly the rpers i miss those guys. Luna has all the crafting places near by so it is a nice place to do work and one heck of a shopping center but i like the look of brit
QFT

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that Moonglow doesn't have is a fletcher, I think. But everything else is there, the size is pretty much perfect (Brit was just too big back when I was a newbie and I got lost a lot) and people always sat next to the blacksmith shop chatting away.
I moved to Skara soon thereafter, though. But I always returned to glow. =]
i started out my UO career by mining/smithing. i used to mine for hours on end, bring my spoils back to the east brit smith shop, craft and chat away.

it was awesome when you could turn something you actually worked for into a suit that people would buy or special order. even getting tips for repairing armor and talking with the patrons. it was the coolest feeling in the world - other then roxxoring hargons crappy dexxer :D

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i started out my UO career by mining/smithing. i used to mine for hours on end, bring my spoils back to the east brit smith shop, craft and chat away.

it was awesome when you could turn something you actually worked for into a suit that people would buy or special order. even getting tips for repairing armor and talking with the patrons. it was the coolest feeling in the world - other then roxxoring hargons crappy dexxer :D
Can you please take my pic off your sig, it's giving me wood!

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved Trinsic. Before the invasion of the undead it was a bustling city. Sadly it will never be the same again.

S

SUPRsalad

no, what needs to happen, is they need to build a new city for reds. . . same rules apply, nobody can attack anyone without getting whacked. Only, the rules apply for reds as well. . screw everything else, just give us a little island, with a bank, and a stable, next to a moongate. thats it.

problem solved, everyone would hang here i promise. .

R

Rand Al

no, what needs to happen, is they need to build a new city for reds. . . same rules apply, nobody can attack anyone without getting whacked. Only, the rules apply for reds as well. . screw everything else, just give us a little island, with a bank, and a stable, next to a moongate. thats it.

problem solved, everyone would hang here i promise. .
just let them go into carebear land

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so basically you want bucs den off the serv lines with GZ's and a stable next to the moongate...

why not just bucs off the lines and a stable...?

HMK?!

G

Grandpa Soulbane

WBB, along with most other locations, was very populated until the game became item-based. Then Luna, the Shopping Center from He** became the central gathering place. It quickly became the most expensive place to shop, because of all of the things noted already... Shops, proximity to a Moongate, etc...

I will ALWAYS hate Luna with a passion. WBB was always better IMHO.

And the mention of the moongate proximity to take any value away from WBB is absurd! As if you really 'need' a moongate. Unless you're a newb and don't have marked runes to all the cities, or at least the Skara Gate...