• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bringing UO game codes into a new era

V

Valas

I have always found the UO game codes site difficult to navigate, there is no real form of categorization, which wasn't really a problem when the site was launched when it had just a few codes. But now with such a vast amount of codes available and the game heading into a direction where code selling is going to be a major role. I feel that the site needs an update.

Currently the UO game codes site is pretty saturated, all codes are available at the side of the page, but they are all images so you cannot use your browsers search function to even search through the list, which can make buying codes a bit of a pain.

As well as this, I think it is safe to say the site is now very out dated, if I remember rightly it was launched in around 2005/2006 (Don't quote me on that though), since its launch browsers have advanced and internet standards have been raised, but the site has stayed static and not taken advantage of the new capabilities available.

Anyways, I am pretty much just rambling on now so I will cut to the chase.

I had a go at 'designing' a new UO game codes site and the image below shows what I came up with.

(Beware, it is quite a big image!)

Remember to right click and press view image as stratics will try and squeeze it in the site and distort it, also remember to zoom in! :)

Now this was just mocked up in around 2 hours max, so there is polishing still to do, however it does give an idea of the direction I was going with the site.

I will leave you to do the judging :)

E

Eyes of Origin

I like the layout and what you did with it.. maybe EA should hire you to redo the site, just saying.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, not for the uogamecodes site, you should be hired to fix the official website. Here are some of the current problems: 1 2

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I haven't had any issues with it in a while, I think it needs a backend upgrade before a face lift. The hell I went through in buying SA and HS... *sigh*

I do like that design though. :) Very nice and matching with UO.com.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering I already don't like the layout and function of the UO.com (ie: UOHerald.com) website, I'm not exactly looking forward to another site based on its cheap, bland design.

That said, I'd prefer that to the nightmare mess that is UOGameCodes.com.