• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring Back the Grim Reaper!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That was IMO an awesome and fun halloween event. Any time we had to run around and check the graveyards for critters was fun. Hunting people doing it in Fel was fun for the PvP aspect.
Seriously, why not recycle some things we really enjoyed? Maybe update the rewards (although the spellbooks and talismans are still very useful). I realize the dev team is short handed (I think recent posts make it evident that everyone can see this is true). I know plenty of people who would log on for these types of events.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was IMO an awesome and fun halloween event. Any time we had to run around and check the graveyards for critters was fun. Hunting people doing it in Fel was fun for the PvP aspect.
Seriously, why not recycle some things we really enjoyed? Maybe update the rewards (although the spellbooks and talismans are still very useful). I realize the dev team is short handed (I think recent posts make it evident that everyone can see this is true). I know plenty of people who would log on for these types of events.
THIS. TY

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
I think people's memory of this event tend to be better than it really was.

Being insta-killed unless you brought the right template and suit, with no escape by running or recalling to a "safe location" because he'd follow you there is not my idea of a good time. He always seemed to end up in Luna, and it was the same people over and over who reaped the benefits while the majority were left out.

Yeah, I know, business as usual in UO. Adapt or die. Sorry, but I'm for variety.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
They fixed the "follow" problem not far into the event. After that it wasn't an issue.
And it wasn't THAT hard to kill. Just hard enough.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. When the Reaper followed it was lame, but after that got fixed, it was a blast. Some great fun fights for sure!!