• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bring back scrolling hot bars

X

xmouse

in kr the first hotbar you could scroll through 9 sets i always wanted that feature on all my hot bars i use the same name for most of my toons and all the macro sttings and hotbars stay the same but i have diferent templates that require diferent hotbars with the same keybindings i can't do that in sa as it is
i will either have to have 10 hot bars each with diferent keybindings making it hard to remember or change my names i like having one name =( i dunno what to do

O

Old Man of UO

in kr the first hotbar you could scroll through 9 sets i always wanted that feature on all my hot bars i use the same name for most of my toons and all the macro sttings and hotbars stay the same but i have diferent templates that require diferent hotbars with the same keybindings i can't do that in sa as it is
i will either have to have 10 hot bars each with diferent keybindings making it hard to remember or change my names i like having one name =( i dunno what to do
I tried to understand what it is you are asking for, but without punctuation I couldn't.

X

xmouse

let me try again. in kr (the kingdom reborn client) the first hotbar (the master
hotbar, the one you can't delete) has nine sets you can scroll through, all of
which have the same keybindings when you switch. if you have 2 (or more in
my case) characters with the same name all user settings are the same, they
share the same file. so in the kr client i can have one set for my dexxor, one
set for my tamer, and so on. i would have liked this feature on all the hotbars
created so i could use the same keybindings for different actions while on
different characters. the sa client (stygian abyss client) does not have the
scrolling feature on the first hotbar, i would like to see all hotbars with nine
sets to scroll through. without this feature i will have to set up seperate
keybindings for every action and macro i want to use. in my case i would have
five sets of hotbars each having a unique keybinding.

O

Old Man of UO

Let me try again. In KR (the Kingdom Reborn client) the first hotbar (the master hotbar, the one you can't delete) has nine sets you can scroll through, all of which have the same keybindings when you switch. If you have 2 (or more in my case) characters with the same name all user settings are the same, they share the same file.

So in the KR client I can have one set for my dexxor, one set for my tamer, and so on. I would have liked this feature on all the hotbars created so I could use the same keybindings for different actions while on different characters. The SA client (Stygian Abyss client) does not have the scrolling feature on the first hotbar, I would like to see all hotbars with nine sets to scroll through. Without this feature I will have to set up separate keybindings for every action and macro I want to use. In my case I would have five sets of hotbars each having a unique keybinding.
Caps help too. Seriously, text message writing is difficult for me to read and understand.

Anyway, the real problem is that you have two characters with the same name. The solution for this is to have separate folders or profiles for each character... something we can ask for but suspect won't happen. Other than that, I do like the idea of having the scroll put back on the main hot bar. I am not sure why that was taken out. Another solution, one you won't like, is to buy name change tokens. I wouldn't do this either for a beta client issue.

I would suggest that you file an in-game bug report so that it gets on the Developers' list of things to fix. I know of several people who have multiple characters with the same name.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too miss the scrolling main hotbar. I used to put non-frequent things there like Arcane circle or some non critical things, but would flip through for various tasks.
I feel we are limited now by 8 hotbars less on screen.
Would be nice to have a toggle to turn the feature back on.

O

Old Man of UO

I too miss the scrolling main hotbar. I used to put non-frequent things there like Arcane circle or some non critical things, but would flip through for various tasks.
I feel we are limited now by 8 hotbars less on screen.
Would be nice to have a toggle to turn the feature back on.
Well, you aren't limited at all... I think you can have up to 999 hot bars.

A work around, and I know this isn't ideal, is to drag out a hot bar, fill it, then drag it back down to zero slots showing. Just the gray bar on the left edge will show. You can then hot key to as much as your want, but will have to drag the hot bar out to full size to change it.

If you don't understand that, I can try with pictures.

But ya, bring back the scroll.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, not really limited, but I mean limited in that you can't have 100's of hotbars and those 8 hidden scroll bar were ideal for different situations. The Shift 1-9 thing was a bit of a pain, cause you couldn't use shift 2 (for example) for keybinding.
I would prefer a more complicated thing like CTL ALT 2 instead. Or make it customizable key to switch scrolls. *hopes dev's are writing this down*

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am guessing that these freely customizable hotbars we have now, those we can move around as we please, is what we got instead of the scrolling hotbar. If that is the case, I would MUCH rather keep those.

But of course, my guess might be completely wrong.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am guessing that these freely customizable hotbars we have now, those we can move around as we please, is what we got instead of the scrolling hotbar. If that is the case, I would MUCH rather keep those.

You are right.
A toggle would be GREAT, to turn on the bottom scrolling hotbar dock. I don't see why they have to have one OR the other either. One bar should have a scroll.... it was a genius idea on KR.

O

Old Man of UO

Although there are some differences, we pretty much had both in KR. So I don't know why the scrolling was removed. I didn't use it, but seems quite a few did.