• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Breast Cancer Awareness Month

M

Mr hawk

As most of you may know that October is breast cancer awareness month. This month we will be Supporting the fighters, Admiring the survivors, Honoring the taken and never, ever giving up hope. During the month of October Hawk and Falcon will be handing out pink robes,shirts and hats "Crafted By Hope-BCA Month". We know that many people have been affected by cancer. Hawk has been affected by cancer very personally "his mother" in real life, and has cycled 100's of miles and raise thousands of dollars for cancer research, and will be doing another 200miles for cancer next June 2011. So during the month of October ask Hawk or Falcon for a robe,shirt or hat and will hand one to you.

Wear your pink,show your support and Lets Turn Atlantic Pink!
Hawk
~Never Alone~

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Way to go, Atlantic. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't want to be the lone hold out here but.....

Most of us PLAY a game to escape the drama and crappy side of life in general. It is an escape for us. That is why we choose to play a FANTASY RPG.... To keep interjecting stuff like this into the game is 100% wrong in my opinion.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I feel it is a nice statement. Just ignore it if you wish. cancer won't care either way.

Yes. It makes no difference if we wear pink. Only money and research does.

*thinks* Perhaps a bit of support will have folks think about it.

I know people that this affects. Some play this game. We may not generate funds for reseach... But some will know we care. If you have a problem with that, then you have a problem with me.

Just saying. Wear your pink Atlantic!

T

Tazar

Most of us PLAY a game to escape the drama and crappy side of life in general. It is an escape for us. That is why we choose to play a FANTASY RPG.... To keep interjecting stuff like this into the game is 100% wrong in my opinion.
For those that want to be a part - wear pink.

For those that do not - just imagine that Stuffa's back with another pink-dress invasion. :gee:

Personally, I think it's great. :)

M

Mr hawk

Thank you, for dyeing the pink robes we've dropped black. As the song by Johnny Cash said "I wear it for the sick and lonely old, For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold, I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been".

Pink or Black?,
Show your support for breast cancer awareness month.
Hawk

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this idea.
It's a simple thing to show you care.
It doesn't cost you any money. It doesn't cost you any time.

Plenty of people wear pink or other neon colors in the game, so just imagine your in the typical neon nightmare if you don't like it.

Yes, I agree that I play UO to avoid real life crap..
But do you NEVER talk to anyone from game about anything that happens in your real life? Do you take NOTHING from your real life and put it in game?
Perhaps a character name, a pet name? The personality of your roleplay?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all those put off a bit by it...

Think of it as a badge of virtue.

Compassion

*smiles*
*runs off in pink*

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This whole game is mostly based on real life.
murder
stealing
hunting
fishing
etc
So its not an escape from real life, its an escape to a fantasy world to do things that you would never do in real life.

M

Mr hawk

For the rest of October, Hawk will be handing out gifts to random people wearing the pink robes/hats ect.

Hawk,
~Never Alone~

J

Juno

Awesome ideal! Very grand jesture you guys/gals are doing over on atlantic and i appluad you!

F

Falcon of Atlantic

Only a couple days left, show your support! (You're free to keep wearing pink after October, too!)

C

Caldwin_DDP

If you haven't gotten one, I got the BCA Jack O'Lantern. Yours for the asking.

M

Mr hawk

If you haven't gotten one, I got the BCA Jack O'Lantern. Yours for the asking.
I would like to get that off of you, If you look at my post in the uo atlantic trade, i will trade you any of the ones i found for it.

Thank you,
Hawk

M

Mr hawk

Thank you, everyone who wore pink during last month. Today i found out my friend is cancer free.

Hawk