• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Breaking the Timer

• Thread starter imported_ParadoxUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_ParadoxUO

I noticed several fellow players posting about how MANY spawners(mostly) are breaking the timer to use a skill non-stop.

So I did some research...

This exploit is being used to:
- DF slaying
- Champ Spawning
- kill Harrowers
- kill Peerless bosses
- train skills faster
- pvp (bugging your dexy foe non-stop)

Proof can be found by googling those words and looking for videos or pictures.

Any idea when this will be fixed?
(seems to be an OLD OLD OLD exploit!)

G

There used to be a guy on Siege who would use this exploit to run detect hidden something like 2 times per second and use it to hunt down faction thieves.

He was hard to get away from, so everyone on the shard just gave up on factions until he quit.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

I dont see the shard giving up from DFs, champ spawning, pvping, peerless hunting... I do know some guilds are abusing this... maybe with the intent of making a profit (smaller and smaller profits due to the Devs new policy, GO DEVS!)

I

imported_ParadoxUO

yup, gms ban players using this... just tested.

I

imported_Sarphus

I've seen LOTS of players do this at champs and have never seen any of em get in any trouble whatsoever...

it's lame, too... I think it's really funny when people make comments about how easy pvm is while using cheats like this one, though

sure it's easy if nothing on the screen is able to fight.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its the people who just are not good enough, or lack any type of skill who need to resort to these cheating methods, the way i look at it, if you need to cheat to play this game....you really should just go back to the playstation

S

slasherofveils

There was a video posted on this board for about 15 minutes last weekend of a rather prominent atl guild using this to duo a harrower (no delay peacing, so harrow can't attack back), but it got moved to the dev forum so people didn't see it...

However it did have a link to a youtube video, sure you could find it if you looked...

TBH though this is a blatant exploit and I hope they ban anyone caught using it right away.

G

It's just another script, why would they ban the people using it when there are tons more out there using scripts for lots of things.. be real, they don't have time to play chase with these people, that is obvious!

S

slasherofveils

scripts simply do things that are possible otherwise, but they simplify it to the point where a computer can figure it out.

When a skill has a delayed reuse timer and you are able to circumvent that, scripting or doing it manually is exploiting a bug.

Scripting is bad yes, and I no way condone it, but exploiting is a whole other ballfield. Harrower should NOT be able to be duoed and isn't possible, scripting pot chugging or whatever have you, without the exploitation of resetting skill timers.