• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Fiction Breaking News

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Scurrying around the shop desperate to rush the patrons home, Melvin Hornstock was already late for his meeting with the governor.

Bald and clean shaven, Melvin stood as the picture of inept foolishness. He boasted a full head of peach fuzz hair that he argued continually prevented him from being “technically” bald. Melvin kept a clean shaven face because the little bit of whiskers that did bother to grow were scraggily and sporadic.

He was a short man of indeterminate age, due to the lack of hair, with an unfortunately small head and large ears. Spectacles that perched on the end of his nose were constantly threatening to slide off his face, yet he didn’t seem to notice or care. Rotund and unbalanced he was a vision of hurricane grace waddling around on clubbed feet.

It was often pondered by the citizens of Trinsic, and any others who ventured into his shoppe, how he was able to maintain any profit with his rude and erratic behavior. His merchandise was subpar and his customer service was lacking. Yet every week Melvin would close the shoppe early in order to welcome a hooded visitor.

The hooded figure was seen entering, but never exiting. Rumors and speculation said the shrouded figure was the governor who used Mr. Hornstock for perpetrating malevolent tasks. Nothing was ever proven, but evidence was being gathered. There was simply no way any good could come from consorting with the likes of Melvin Hornstock!

Finally fed up with the secrecy and subsequent vicious attacks on innocent citizens posts from outraged citizens began to appear on trees and gates around the towns of Minoc and Trinsic. The time for blind eyes had passed. The citizens demanded Justice!

~*~ News ~*~

Unsavory Forces Attack Miners

Authorities are blinded by the Governor’s Power!

Cries of Injustice Ring Through the Land

Pirate Attacks Sanctioned by the Governor!

Governor Must Be Called To Justice!

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I knew that this pirate governor was up to no good!
He and his parrots! And rum too!

Justice shall be delivered through cold steel to this bloody pirate!
Off with the pirates, on with the chainmaille bikini barbarians!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirates are our friends!! Well, they are if you give them all your gold & loot (oh and your ship too). They'll even let you dive off their plank (umm I mean diving board), just don't feed the sharks. Yarr!

Zeke (aka Jack Sparrow)

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Aha! so you Admit your involvement in this Horrible act of violence!! *jots down notes to be used for the trial*

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Horrible act of violence!! We was just protecting our natural resources. Minco came into Trinsic lands and was mining outside of town at Hiden Valley they started this war

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Horrible act of violence!! We was just protecting our natural resources. Minco came into Trinsic lands and was mining outside of town at Hiden Valley they started this war
What he said ^^^

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**As the Empress of Tokuno**

My dearest Inu,

I hope this letter finds you well. I trust things are still going well in Moonglow? We certainly miss you here in Tokuno. We keep your home in the desert north west of Zento in good repair hoping you will return one day. You have always been my most trusted adviser and a great friend. I know you are reluctant to come home since the war with the Shadow Lords took away your powers, but we need you here. I need you here, now more than ever. Your insight would be valuable even without your visions of the future, although I could wish you had that talent right now so that you could tell me what to do.

I am so confused, worried and more than a little upset. I have spent time with the governor of Trinsic as you know, and have always found him to be a gracious host and very good company. The Pirates you see around Trinsic are always very well behaved, Jack Sparrow is quite charming. I always thought the "pirate" was more of a title than a profession, surely they aren't really pirates who plunder and kill people. They patrol and protect the oceans right?

But lately, I have had reason to wonder if all is as it should be. I had the need to purchase some ore from the city of Minoc to make repairs around Zento, and I am hearing some terrible stories about Trinsic, about the Governor, and about the pirates. The Governor of Minoc, I do not know well, but he seems to be genuinely concerned about his people. He told me the pirates are plundering ships bringing supplies, and his people are going hungry. They are attacking trade ships and stealing the ore. I did see some ships from Trinsic and even some pirate ships in the area around Minoc, but they certainly weren't attacking anyone.

Not that it's any of my business of course, but curiosity got the better of me and I spent a day in Trinsic in disguise, visiting with the people of Trinsic. A few have told me there are some underhanded dealings going on, and rumor has it that the Governor of Trinsic is at the heart of it. I am not liking what I am hearing. There have been some protesters and signs put up, but they are quieted as soon as they start protesting, and the signs removed as quickly. One woman told me that her husband went to the governors offices to demand something be done about the pirates and she has not seen him since, and inquiries into his whereabouts are met with silence.

I have been invited to tea at the Governors mansion, as I am each month and I'm not sure what to think. Should I ask him outright about the rumors I am hearing? Or should I go and pretend nothing is wrong and just keep my ears open? Trinsic and the Governor have always assisted Tokuno with anything we need. They came to our rescue when Casca attempted a hostile take over of the Tokuno Islands. The Governor was instrumental in getting our docks built in Zento, ending our isolation, not only so that we could open up trade agreements with Britainia, but also so that we could have the protection of the Trinsic Pirates. The people of Tokuno owe them our lives, and our freedom. We could not have withstood the attack of Casca and his evil forces without them.

*Sigh* For now I will withhold judgement, after all the Governor and I have been friends for many years. I'm sure all of this, is just a misunderstanding. That womans husband could have run off with another woman, his disappearance might not have anything to do with the government of Trinsic at all. If it comes down to a war between Minoc and Trinsic I feel I would have to side with Trinsic, after all we owe them everything. But what if the rumors are true and the Governor of Trinsic and Jack Sparrow are not what they seem?

I will keep you posted and as always you're in my thoughts dear friend. Come home soon, it's not the same without you. Your Rune Beetle is being very well cared for while you are away. He's very fond of Gardina, but we know he misses you too.

Yours always, with love and respect.
The Empress of Tokuno

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
On order of King Blackthorn, I hereby serve this arrest warrant for one
Jack Sparrow - Pirate in charge of unlawful blockade against the city of Minoc.
And one
Mr. Crowley - Governor of Trinsic for Unlawful Detention of citizens!
May justice be served and order preserved.​
*sealed with the crest of the King*​

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unlawful Detention of citizens!!! The only people I have detain was miners from Minco that invaded Trinsic land and unlawful removing of Trinsic natural resources .

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Needed : Attorney for the trial of Jack Sparrow and Mr. Crowley
those who wish to apply send in a list of accomplishments to the King at the mailbox outside the wedding hall in Britain.

Lazarus Redwater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If only I were twenty years the younger I would have sailed the Screaming Gollywobbler boldly into a fray with this here scurvy pirate Jack Sparrow and brought him to justice. Heck, I would have removed a flipper with a dull rusty knife just for fun before handing him in so he can rot in his cell with a festering aching stump. Stinkin' pirates!
I still may if I can acquire a new ship and a crew.

Capt. Lazarus Redwater (RET)

Last edited:

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
If only I were twenty years the younger I would have sailed the Screaming Gollywobbler boldly into a fray with this here scurvy pirate Jack Sparrow and brought him to justice. Heck, I would have removed a flipper with a dull rusty knife just for fun before handing him in so he can rot in his cell with a festering aching stump. Stinkin' pirates!

*I just have to say, Capt. Lazarus this was a little bit awesome, and I hope you get a ship and crew*:pirate:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Keeps an eye open for a mothballed ship with a bunch of greyhaired landlubbers* I will make sure you retire. Permanently!! My undead wife and I will animate each of your crew to increase our growing army.. Muhahaha - I mean Yarrr!!!

Jack Sparrow

Lazarus Redwater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was just barking a bit, longing for the yesteryears of glory, but...

You imp, Jack Sparrow, be another abomination that needs cleansed from the seas like dreggy water from a deck swab. I have recently been out and about asking after the likes of you, spurred on by your taunt, and truly you have the Jolly Roger pinned to your name. You wear the badge of disrepute for your outrageous villainy against the innocent.

Know that I have opened my footlocker and have sat fixed on my old uniform. Should I don it, I ask myself. It would be for the good of the realm and perhaps a bit more engaging than my life now, I tell myself. I could strip the crests of the late beloved Queen Dawn, temporarily, and sail privateer.

I just may come for you yet swine, Jack Sparrow. I would not roast you over a spit, your own actions would condemn you to that once you have been served into trial, but it would be a long trip back and you would arrive a few stones lighter. Yes, that can be taken as a double entendre.

And remember! In my line of work one does not live to a ripe old age without being wily and discerning, without being insurmountable.

Last edited:

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Commander Edger Smithe Burrow reporting, Sir. How may I be of service?”

“You, sir, are tasked to bring to justice, by any means possible, the wayward captain Jack Sparrow, and his associate Governor Mr. Crowley. I want them in custody before the end of the week. Will you be up for the task, sir?”

“Aye, my liege, I will be. I am forever at your service.”

Bowing slightly the commander backed out of the throne room. Discretion was not mentioned but heavily implied. He knew the task at hand would look badly on the Crown if done poorly. There was a need to act swiftly.

Regardless of any ill will spent between the regiments during disputes for the throne, those who were loyal to Britain were always loyal. Very few of the old commanders were left and those who remained lived quiet lives with families. Commander Burrow knew it would be a hard thing to ask, but it was for King and Country. Maybe a sense of duty and loyalty would win.

Sitting at his desk Commander Burrow drafted petitions to one of the men who had earned a reputation for valiant service during the reign of Queen Dawn. Burrow was not an eloquent man, but the plea needed to be sincere. He could only hope the recipient would agree to return.

To Captain Lazarus Redwater, Retired.

It is my sincere hope you will find this letter agreeable to you, sir. I have heard of your dogged determination to the cause of justice and I would call upon that to serve on behalf of the King. We are in need of your service once again, sir.

Warrants will be issued to bring in a notorious pirate by the name of Captain Jack Sparrow. He has an associate, we believe, who is the governor of Trinsic by name of Mr. Crowley. I would offer you any assistance you require to bring these two to the prison in Yew until what time it can be arranged for a … fair trial.

Please send word of your intent and desire.

Respectfully yours,

Commander Edger Smithe Burrow

Last edited:

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My conscious is troubled with indistinguishability as I have no desire to impede the crown in his pursuit of Justice. However, my cousin grumbles of his own troubles in New Magincia. His hesitation to take action could threaten the freedom of his citizens and I for one will not allow this to happen. He wishes not to further the separation of the cities ruled by the King but I have urged him to speak out against the threats he's received from those who's claims may not be as they seem!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't be here monday :( That's 2 events in a row I have to miss. Depending on how long it goes on, I might catch the tail end of it, I won't be home til about 10pm eastern.

Last edited:

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
My conscious is troubled with indistinguishability as I have no desire to impede the crown in his pursuit of Justice. However, my cousin grumbles of his own troubles in New Magincia. His hesitation to take action could threaten the freedom of his citizens and I for one will not allow this to happen. He wishes not to further the separation of the cities ruled by the King but I have urged him to speak out against the threats he's received from those who's claims may not be as they seem!
perhaps elaborating will assist in the matter of New Magincia troubles. What threats do you speak?

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I can't be here monday :( That's 2 events in a row I have to miss. Depending on how long it goes on, I might catch the tail end of it, I won't be home til about 10pm eastern.
I believe this will be going on for a while. Im in no hurry to make it just finish. there are multiple schedules that need to be added to the dance. fear not.

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
*Report to the Crown*

I hereby wish to report that the wanted suspects that were accused of causing such unrest in the kingdom have been apprehended. I was somewhat surprised at the lack of force shown by these two men. With all the hype and rumors that were tossed about I had expected to be overrun and quite dramatically damaged. This bodes well for the trial that will surely come soon enough.

While there was little to no resistance, Mr. Crowley was most adamant that he was innocent. Innocence is, of course, something all those who are apprehended will tout most forcefully.

My surprise came at the lack of resistance from Jack Sparrow. It seemed as if he knew his fate already, perhaps there is another scheme we should be wary of. His wife, however, seemed most distraught. I do fear for her well being, or perhaps it is of her cunning. One never knows with a woman.

All in all, my liege, the arrests were served without incident and await word for a trial.

Respectfully submitted,

Commander Edger Smithe Burrow

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps if one took a closer look to who was actually arrested and who resides in the jail cell it would explain much.

Jack (or is it?)

Last edited:

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
“What is this nonsense? Who is in charge here?” Commander Burrow’s voice echoed off the stone walls and rippled like a tidal wave through the prison.

“Um, I am, s s sir. Wh wha what seems to b b be the problem?”

The poor guard was so terrified his troublesome stutter made speaking difficult. He was young and obviously inexperienced, and his blatant lack of skills showed like a beacon for all the prisoners to see.

“These are NOT the prisoners I delivered to you!”

“Th th there not?”

The blushing guard was on the brink of tears and in desperate need of relieving himself. Commander Edger Smithe Burrow stormed to stand face to face with the young guard and in a voice lower than a whisper but with the venom of a viper spoke of his displeasure.

“You, sir, are relieved of your duty. In fact, for your incompetence you may take residence in This cell!”

Slamming the door behind the guard who was now crying into his sleeve the Commander turned on his heel to exit the prison.

“Call the Alarm! We have a Prison Break!”

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel very sorry for the guard, he looks so distraught in that jail cell and can't stop crying. I don't think he was in on it.

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
It has been stated that the one imposter may be the butcher from Trinsic, and the other is alleged to be a crewmate of Captain Sparrow. Will we ever know for sure?
Maybe Commander Burrow will be able to get to the bottom of things once and for all!

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
“We Need a Damn Navy!”

“Sir They took a hostage!!”

“They WHAT? Who?” Commander Burrow shouted in irate exasperation.

“The governor of Jhelom was taken during the chaos of their escape.”

“You better hope we find her alive and Unharmed!”

The Commander began to pace his office with the fury of a hurricane. With each pass of his desk he would fling his hands over the smooth wood scattering papers like leaves in the wind. The escape was an affront to all that he held just and right.

There were far too many questions bouncing around in his head, he could no more sit still than try to tame the ocean. And it was that same ocean where they would need to find the unruly governor and his cohort.

How could a governor possibly be accused of such dreadful things and still be in office? Don’t the citizens of his town realize what manner of creature he is? Do they care? With a heavy sigh Commander Burrow resigned himself to the answers that he would personally be held accountable. Where were they, and how was he going to return them to custody?

“The King is not going to be pleased.”

Muttering to himself he continued to pace his office completely ignoring the small crack in the door where a silent pair of eyes watched and listened.

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
A strange little poem found by a scout for Commander Burrow:

Across time and space stepping on the stone of grace
Winding around a mountain into the valley of doom
The road is fraught with trials and trouble
But in the end a grave will be your pleasure.

Wonder what it could mean.