Boxes in towns

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Caelas

Hey, newbie thief question...I noticed that in town some shops have Strongboxes or similar in shops. Says it's locked. Is there anything in them? I noticed they have varying weights...just wondering.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Yes, they containing stealable items.

First you have to lockpick them, because "Magic Unlock" doenst work here.

After you have opened the box, cast "Telekinese" three times on the box, they are often 3 times trapped.

Then you can look into the box and "steal" items out of it.

Be sure that your skill is good enough, sometimes, the shopowners call the guards on you.

The items inside the box arent really good, just turntips, whips, bottles and such, mostly comparing to the shop you are in.

W

Warrior of Time

I am very sorry, but magic unlock will work. It did years ago when I started to steal befor AOS and I just rechecked it. Still does. Also standing between the shop keeper and the box will give you better chance he will not call on you.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Also, I wouldn't go so far as to say the chest are mostly worthless, it depends on what shops you're stealing from and if lady luck is on your side.

Dried Herbs, Chisels, Arrow Shafts, Square Tool kits and slabs of bacon all seem to sell fairly well off my vendors. Those are all found in Herbal Splendor in Moonglow, Carpenters shops (tool kits and arrow shafts), Tinkers shops, and provisioners.

Also you can get bandages that stack in a different graphic than the ones you can make by cutting up cloth. Those are found in healers shops.