• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boss Drop Question

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I just had a question. I was wondering how it is decided to who the drop goes. Is it random? Is there some other method? I'm talking about the drops, for example, roof drops, peerless drops (crimmy, swampy) etc. If there is a link I would appreciate if someone could share that with me. Thx

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shadowguard > the Roof = ~30% chance anyone in the roof when the final boss dies will get a drop.

Crimmy/parox' swampy, etc = ~10% chance to drop on any ML peerless, but some of them can decay while they're on the boss if it takes too long to kill... Crimson Cincture - however long it takes for a "half Apron" to decay on the ground is how long you have to kill the boss and loot it.

Luck doesn't effect "pack drops" from most sources. (Ilshenar minors, Tokuno Minors (disabled), Dungeon Blackthorn, Kotl City (disabled)) are the only ones I can think of off hand that are effected by Luck.

the "rare drops" like the Slither, Venom, medusa tile (any SA peerless drop) = ~5% luck is not effected, the item can only go to one person who has earned looting rights on said peerless.

I don't have a link, this is just based on my experience, most of which was farmed extremely extensively - Medusa & Shadowguard.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
10% chance for crimmy? Surely you jest.
It is more like 1/500 or 1/1000. Last one I got out of Dreadhorn took 365 kills to get.
And he usually dies within 5 to 6 minutes.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10% chance for crimmy? Surely you jest.
It is more like 1/500 or 1/1000. Last one I got out of Dreadhorn took 365 kills to get.
And he usually dies within 5 to 6 minutes.
Unless there's a difference in drop-rates between tram and fel, it's always been about 10% in my experience. but if the peerless is available in fel, I farm it there. Dreadhorn is in tram only, as well as Travesty.
I've gotten a few from both of those, however... I didn't farm them anywhere near as much as fel Melisande & Shimmering effusion

on a side note: I believe it's 10% chance for a "rare" drop, I never did get a CC AND a Corroded Hatchet in the same lady mel corpse.

IcePrinsess

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I guess another part of my question is: If you're in a group, does the amount of damage have anything to do with the chances of getting a drop?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, everyone doing enough of any of the 3 actions or a combination that would get you looting rights, has a chance for a drop. These actions are healing players or pets, dealing damage or taking damage (includes pets).