• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Boss battle gags

K

Kippy

OK, when will toons learn to NOT work gags in boss battles.

I don't mind if you work gags when you have a good opportunity but....
when a row of 12's come out, 1 lure, 1 TNT and 1 pie, do NOT throw out your marbles on a 12!
Try to think that the little one next to you might get hurt or even sent back to the playground because you wanted 3 points on trap!

Boss runs are not a good place to work gags, find some friends and do some buildings!

(I had this problem in last weeks runs and i had to vent!)

S

SSniffleslam

I think this belongs in the "Dear Toon" hall of fame! I couldn't agree more...Buildings are better places to work gags anyway...you get more points there!

S

Steveo

I agree When i see toons trying to pull out level 1 or 2 gags on a lvl 12 I use the phrase Lets got to Toontown Central. I do not like when that happens.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What annoys me most is when you have a few trappers who all want points and will fight over the cogs. They end up both trapping only to get it voided. But yeah I agree, camping is bad in boss battles! :wall:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AGREED! And on the same subject.. Messing up the groove so you can get a specific level 7 back is just as bad, big toons. >.<

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I agree whole hartedly. If you don't have a gag that goes with the flow of the battle then use the PASS button or say "Sorry, I can't" We understand what you mean by doing so.

Toontown was designed with TEAMWORK in mind. I don't see any "I" in there either. IT's we or us against them.

Trish sorry that happened to you.

H

Holocog

:danceb: Those are the sorry people who picked trap last....(No Offence)
I had an sf who wanted trap xp and we did about 15 5+ bldgs in a row all with invasions. We got pretty close.Then I tell him I want A break. I decide to go In a mint and he tped to me. We went in and he trapped everytime he could with trap doors and quicksands.Thankfully, We didnt get stinked:wall:

S

soupandquackers

Wow kippy were you in the cfo with me yesterday sounds like what i went through.

L

Little Sadie

I don't like it when they work gags in the factories, mints, DAs or CGCs either. Get a building!!!! I was in a bullion the other day with someone not yet maxed in sound. That was my fault. I usually don't do the higher mints, cgcs, and so on with someone that hasn't maxed sound yet if they have it. Well, I took my chances and it was a big mistake. He ran out of fogs and eles pretty quickly so started using aoogahs the entire time even when we had no eles or fogs left either. At the super someone lured and he put up an aoogah. He thought he was going to sound his way to the end and keep aoogahing them. Well I put up my wedding cake and took them all out. I'm sorry but do not work your gags anywhere but buildings! This toon had a sf with us that could have easily did buildings with to work their gags. Don't waste me time doing it in places you shouldn't.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
buildings dont give much exp
Ahh, but they do. Especially the last floors. The 5th floor of a 5 story is worth 3x regular experience. And if you have an invasion active, double that. Most boss cog rounds are 2x, straight up.

K

Kippy

Ahh, but they do. Especially the last floors. The 5th floor of a 5 story is worth 3x regular experience. And if you have an invasion active, double that. Most boss cog rounds are 2x, straight up.
TY Trish!

Buildings are where you can get the most exp. points. If you want to work gags in boss, FINE!
Do it with friends!
Please don't ever be in there with me. this is what i will say:

- Let's use (gag choice)
- Let's work on that.
- I think not.
Then if you do keep on working your gags, I will happilly refuse to use toon-up, telling you:

- Let's use Toon-up
- Sorry I can't
- I haven't found it yet

Have fun working gags in MY boss battles!

L

Little Sadie

They give way more experience then anywhere else. I can go in a 5 story building and get the max 200 experience points on at least 3 gags. It would take forever to get the same amount of points if just doing them in battles, factories, mints, ect.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Untrue. Yes, you get 3X in the Bull but the invasion does NOT double it.
If the invasion does not double the 3x in the bullion why wait for the invasion? I am now confused. What does the invasion increase in the bullion then? Or does it increase anything?
:bored:

S

Steveo

If the invasion does not double the 3x in the bullion why wait for the invasion? I am now confused. What does the invasion increase in the bullion then? Or does it increase anything?
Okay I think this is what Trish is saying. With a invasion you get 3x for gag points. I wish invasions gave me 3x the bucks but unfortunatly you only get
2X with invasions. I have never heard of 6X for invasion at the end but I could be wrong because I dont pay attention to the points it gives me for the gags

craze49

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still isnt a 3x through a whole mint better than 3x on one story of a building.

S

SSniffleslam

Not necessarily - Let me put it this way. Say you are on story 5 of a building during an invasion using a level 6 gag - You get 36 points EVERY time you use that gag. I did this yesterday with sound. I JUST got my foghorn on Sally Sniffleslam the second. I'm already at 9000 exp points because of using it in buildings with invasions. I got 198 exp with sound in one building and I'll max it out today. I would never have been able to do that in a mint...AND the mints take SOOO much longer. The only time I do them is when I need a lot of bux, merits, whatever.

craze49

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did you do that in nr because i'd like to max some gags in a few days

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I think this is what Trish is saying. With a invasion you get 3x for gag points. I wish invasions gave me 3x the bucks but unfortunatly you only get
2X with invasions. I have never heard of 6X for invasion at the end but I could be wrong because I dont pay attention to the points it gives me for the gags
An invasion active when the last cog dies doubles the merits/bux/notes/stock received in a fac/mint/DA/CGC. Invasions in these areas will never increase your gag exp. You will always get 1.5 exp in coin, 2x in dollar, 3x in bull. DAs are like buildings, more exp on the higher floors. However, invasions won't double the exp there either. Invasions double exp in buildings and on the street. That's it.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

ok Now I get it. The only doubler is for promotions. Very intetresting. Thanks for the insite.:danceb:

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its very rude to gag camp with randoms anywhere, unless they are ok with it. Bigger toons will usually help out if you say things like "I need more gags, can you help me, lets use..." or often they will suggest it, "I think you should use...lets work on that."

But I say never ever gag camp in a boss battle unless you have only friends with you and they are agreeable. If all you have is small gags be sure to work with the group. For instance never hit a 12 with a fruit pie unless someone else throws a cake.

When I would work a toon I would go to NR and hop in any building I could find with other toons, naturally provided there was room for me. Its extremely rude to take someone elses place on the elevator. I would work whatever gag the group wanted when with randoms. I also consider it a personal challenge to try to get thru blgds alone. My personal best was a 5 sty in DDL on my 70 uber in a loan shark invasion. I think I left with 1lp lol.

I used to really love gag camping, great times. :D

S

SSniffleslam

did you do that in nr because i'd like to max some gags in a few days
Yes, I am almost always in NR unless it's time for a stratics event. I prefer to be there to max gags and get merits, bux, notices, options...and I usually do my buildings alone or log on with both accounts and use one of my daughter's toons to help me out. BTW, I'm at 9600 with my foghorn and I just got it yesterday. AND, I've been doing laundry, cooking, etc, pretty much all day today...GO ME!! HEHE! :thumbsup:

C

CooperColeman

I am going out of town to do a play beginning Sunday, and not sure what my time will look like next week, but I was wondering if some of you guys could help me max out my gags the following week. I would really appreciate it. I am at 6 on squirt, 5 on TU, Lure and Sound and 3 on Trap.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

I am going out of town to do a play beginning Sunday, and not sure what my time will look like next week, but I was wondering if some of you guys could help me max out my gags the following week. I would really appreciate it. I am at 6 on squirt, 5 on TU, Lure and Sound and 3 on Trap.
Ive found the easiest way to work any gag is to solo buildings yourself.... Go into a constant invasion district... and go to town.... Except for trap..... I got a baby toon or 2 still trying to work trap... one is lureless... OOOPS.
I could help you with a baby toon... my 25 laff needs to work TU... ROFL

C

CooperColeman

Ive found the easiest way to work any gag is to solo buildings yourself.... Go into a constant invasion district... and go to town.... Except for trap..... I got a baby toon or 2 still trying to work trap... one is lureless... OOOPS.
What size buildings can I safely solo? My toon is 85 laff

S

Sally Bumblefoot

What size buildings can I safely solo? My toon is 85 laff

LOL....funny Kurt, even funnier because I was thinking the same thing!! Precious needs 5 story bldgs and is maxed in everything except tu. So if anyone wants to do 5 story bdgs, I can help them train. We can kill them slowly, you can take the hits, and I will pull in 200 TU points!! Works for me!!

If you have 2 computers and 2 accounts, I have found that the easiest way to max gags is to play by yourself with 2 toons. This is what I have been doing lately. (you accomplish a lot but not nearly as fun!!) Precious was training trap and Bella was training everything!! Precious went from trap door to maxing in about 2 days, Bella got her whole pie and level 5 lure and tu!! But this doesnt work anymore because Precious needs the 5 stories and Bella is too little for me to take them in by myself. If you want help let me know!!

M

MissPoodledoodle

I need to work everything on Braid, and I'm working on a building task right now. So I'll be glad to help!!

C

CooperColeman

I'll be available this evening (around 6 est) if you guys want to work on some buildings. I'm only maxed on throw, so I'm willing to work anything!