• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Books in Both Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skylocke

I was just made aware of a rather sizable problem (that is, if you are an owner of a libary like me) concerning books between the Enhanced Client and the 2d Client.

If you copy a book while in the Enhanced Client to a blank book, which I often do, it looks exactly the same in the same client. However, if you use the 2d Client and look at the same book, you only can see one line of text and the book is pretty much ruined. The inverse is not true, though, so books copied in 2d still function in the Enhanced Client.

The person who told me about this problem, a book collector himself, likened the situation to when you copy something from wordpad and paste it into notepad. Everything just gets copied into one giant long line of text. I can not fix my own books unfortunately because the 2d Client refuses to patch for me no matter what.

Will there be a fix for this at some point? I know it is not a major system or anything, but the main love I have in this game are all the player-written books! It would be nice to be able to copy books in the Enhanced Client and not have to worry about them being messed up in the 2d client.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.