• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Bookcases and Bookshelves, inconsistent behaviour

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This was brought up by Gareth a long while back, and Mesanna said she had no objections.
http://www.uo.com/article/Ask-Answer-No-13-0

Academic bookcases can be dyed, but not engraved.
Wooden bookcases can be engraved, but not dyed.
And the plain old, inexpensive wooden shelf can be engraved and dyed, but will always show empty.

The last one always showing empty still doesn't make sense, but it is what it is - that would remove the value of the other two. But the other two need to be both dyable *and*, more importantly, engravable!

My library looks much like Gareth's, and not being able to consistently dye and engrave regardless of the type of shelving makes it that much less user friendly (and more expensive!) to browse and expand.

Please fix! :D

Brian

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Academic bookcases can be dyed, but not engraved.
Wooden bookcases can be engraved, but not dyed.
And the plain old, inexpensive wooden shelf can be engraved and dyed, but will always show empty.
I was able to dye all of the bookcases that you mentioned with a furniture dye tub.

I have submitted a problem report into the system regarding the inability to engrave the Academic Bookcase.