• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Book burning

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like to burn all articles of literature that I come across that have any sort of objectionable conflicting view points with my own.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I like to drink any different types of coffee that I come across (difference being in the coffee bean). Although I have to ask, given the trend of articles/literature being published electronically more and more, how are you going to go about burning them? Are you going to print them and then burn them? Or are you going to download them all onto one device (such as a kindle) and burn that?

Last edited:

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Being an avid coffee drinker I will take my hat off to you if you drink this.
Coffee Made From Cat Feces is The latest Buzz

For those of you like me that never click links (put it up there to prove not made up)

08/01/2004 08:07 AM ID: 41679 Permalink

The latest buzz in coffee circles is Kopi Luwak coffee. It is the talking point due to the unique way it comes from the plant to the cup. The fruit of the coffee is eaten by a Luwak, or palm civet, a feral cat native to Indonesia.
When the acids in the cats stomach digest the fruit surrounding the coffee bean, the bean begins to ferment. It is thought this fermenting process gives the beans a unique flavor. The beans are then passed by the cat and scooped up at $600 per pound.
Despite being around feces testing on the bean showed a lesser amount of bacteria than a control type of bean, and the food scientist Prof. Massimo Marcone, from the University of Guelph, says only negligible amounts of enteric organisms were found.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being an avid coffee drinker I will take my hat off to you if you drink this.

For those of you like me that never click links (put it up there to prove not made up)

08/01/2004 08:07 AM ID: 41679 Permalink

The latest buzz in coffee circles is Kopi Luwak coffee. It is the talking point due to the unique way it comes from the plant to the cup. The fruit of the coffee is eaten by a Luwak, or palm civet, a feral cat native to Indonesia.
When the acids in the cats stomach digest the fruit surrounding the coffee bean, the bean begins to ferment. It is thought this fermenting process gives the beans a unique flavor. The beans are then passed by the cat and scooped up at $600 per pound.
Despite being around feces testing on the bean showed a lesser amount of bacteria than a control type of bean, and the food scientist Prof. Massimo Marcone, from the University of Guelph, says only negligible amounts of enteric organisms were found.
Wow, ugh, as much as I love coffee I don't think I love it that much lol. I would admittedly be interested in trying a sip however I would not pay a lot of money to try it, sure as heck not $600 for a pound of that, or any bean for that matter.