• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bone or studded

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm wanting to make some new luck suits for a few chars this weekend and I've not written down the "new" LMC structure. I could post in the crafter forum but this is the real area for dexxing questions. In the trade area I see people trying to sell 55LMC bone suits but I thought you could make the same using studded(3 LMC) and plate got the 1LMC bonus. Can anyone add the correct info please?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perfect, that is what I was 99% sure of but you don't want to start and make a mistake. I was worried that I would need to collect a pile of bone to make the perfect base item first, dodged that.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed for the helm's looks, I would like to see it under the blackthorn shroud. I could make one of those but I wasn't looking forward to farming the bones for a full suit.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only real difference I see between bone and studded is you can stealth in studded but fail often in bone.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I recently built a new dexxer suit around some of the new loot and used bone for the 3% lmc instead of studded as bone armor refinements are a little easier to find since most folks use studded. Similarly studded samurai armor, while ugly, gives 3% lmc and the refinements aren't in as high demand as regular studded.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If I am using looted items, bone is as good as studded.

If you want to make suit, bone is a tough go, as even with 120 tailor and the best talisman, bone is a tough go, as you'll "waste" tons of leather and bones getting pieces just right, since bone can't unravel.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget you can enhance leather, but you cannot enhance bone. If I am wrong, then I just learned something new.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Just tried it. Make bone gloves with plain -> enhance with barbed works.