• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bone Daemon

G

Just made my first trip to see Victoria the sorceress and summon a bone daemon. I watched as a friend did all the summoning and helped kill things until we got a gold skull now I have a few questions:

1. When I single click on Victoria I only have 3 options in the context menu: Open Paper Doll / Buy / Sell. What do I have to do to get the option that leads me to giving her the daemon bones?

2. How do others get all their bones to her to turn them in? That's more weight than any single person can carry. My friend made trips recalling out and in and dropping them on the floor. I don't feel very safe with this method.

Thanks and see ya'll in the gauntlet!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you could try dragging the bones over her and dropping them? That just might work

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, I honestly can't remember bro.

I'm still searching for a complete list of all the major "bosses of UO" you know, Champ Spawn finals, peerless, and maybe any others that I don't know of.

You'd be surprised how "dated" most of the sites are.

Lemme' know Jerimaih if you figure out a method. I think I want to earn myself a gold skull too. Maybe we can doom together?

G

1. check your character's quest log. You might have too many quests going or another quest that is blocking the Ferryman one.

2. Pack horse or llama.

G

I probably do have some part of the solen quest to get powder of translocation still running. Someone else mentioned that dropping the bones would get the '4th option' to appear in the context menu. I will first try dropping the solen quest.

Bob, I'll be in touch about wreaking some havoc in Doom.

Thanks for the replies

G

Shift Click yourself (or click to bring context menu) and cancel whatever other quest you are in the middle of. (these quests do not show in the quest log and can only be done one at a time)
This should give you the option to speak to Victoria about Chyloth.
Now most folks get their bones in the Dark Guardian room which can be found by running NW a ways between two sets of double doors.
Bring orange petals.
Two dark guardians will spawn for every person/summons/pet(not ridden) that enters the room. The doors lock behind you when you go in and poison seeps in from the walls. The poison gets progressively worse as time goes so don't get in over your head (used to be easy to get over your head with evs when you could have 5). Each DG has 30 bones.
Bring them back to Vic when they get heavy... you don't have to turn them in all at once. Be prepared to fight the bone demon upon dropping your 1000th bone on her head though.
Your gold skull will be in your backpack, after having caused enough damage to get looting rights, when you click the corpse. (more than one person can summon the same BD and will get an additional skull if they, too, get looting rights)
If you leave the dungeon for any reason during the fight (even if you die) you forfeit your chance at a skull and the bone demon wins :p

Above all have fun

G

Many thanks Flutter for the thoughtful and thorough reply. You are the first to answer my question about the weight of so many bones. I had not heard that you could drop various amounts of bones on Victoria until I reached 1000. The prospect of bringing a beetle or pack animal down there didn't inspire confidence.

I had a blast fighting my first Bone Daemon with some friends I look forward to many more fights to come.

See Ya'll in The Gauntlet!