• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Body Lockdown

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Sorry at last nights HoC I was so tired after being up 48+ hours. I forgot to ask the one question I wanted to.

Unknown people assassinated a noble in the Queens Township Table thingy and by the time I was able to upload the news the body was decayed and no one could use the forensics eval skill on the corpse.

Is it possible to have the body locked down like you guys did with Casca? Not locked down forever but for a few hours for detective people to really investigate the matter?

Thanks for reading this

L

Liquid_Ape

Veering off the game mechanics and into RP a bit....

Mr. Gareth, I would be happy to offer my services should they be required in the future. I have studied for many years under the tutelage of a Grand Master detective and have passed every test he was able to devise for me. I feel I am up to the challenge of investigating a murder.

While I find the idea that Nobles are somehow superior to us commoners somewhat laughable, that doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered. We must find who would do such a thing and why. When murders go unsolved, it only encourages even more brazen displays of evil.

Yours truly,

Kit Kittredge
Gumshoe, Ocllo Liberation Front [OLF]

[/RP]

Thinking about it, I am not sure exactly how I should deal with having several characters who may post stuff here in a RP manner? Or should I even be trying to do this here? Sounds like I should research Stratics RP forum etiquette...

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I will tell you this. If your character came up to me in game to talk about something you had posted on the forums I would make sure I went to the forums and looked at it and taken it ingame as RP.

You will find I rarely invalidate anyones RP style and welcome any type of RP players want to do. Now that is just me but I stand by the words of....

"Who am I to tell you what is roleplay and what is not?"

Five years ago I was horrible at RP and I am not the greatest now either but people let me learn things over time and I think I have a good grasp on it. The Gareth character went from Paladin King to fallen Lord of the Void due to the book of wrong. With the many functions I do on the shard I cannot always stay in character and to me that is okay. If that is unacceptable to others then well... to bad? heheh. So have fun with it!!! Make it your own and be open to new things and expansion of your character. That is where I think you will find the most joy.

**Now if your story changes history of our town or is done to just be a jerk off I obviously will try to figure a RP way out of it. Not saying you would just clarifying so people dont use what I posted against me.**

L

Liquid_Ape

Thanks for the reply, Gareth. Usually, when interacting with any group, I try to adhere to their "community standards" if possible. No sense doing something that pisses them off if it is just as easy to do things their way.

But.... Sometimes I will go in or out of character depending on whether clarity and urgency is key. Ever try to RP getting someone to e-mail you a link to a flash movie? Its just sort of dumb. While immersion into the UO fantasy world is nice, sometimes you have to come up for air.

As far as posting RP stories that affect other people, guilds, story lines, whatever, I wouldn't presume to mess with them without asking first. In the past, some people have said, "run with it and lets see where it goes." Other times, people say, "there is no way I want YOU writing ANYTHING about one of MY characters." Whatever works. Its just a game after all.

Now, back to the topic....