• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] BODs: Which Rewards Sell Best?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I only have 3-4 crafters, and I've been buying the resources needed to fill BODs. Lately, I'm wondering if the BODs are recouping the cost of the resources.

Which BOD rewards sell best? For blacksmithy, POF sells pretty quickly at 65k, but the other rewards seem hit-or-miss. Sometimes a spined runic sewing kit will sit on my vendor for 2 weeks at 50k.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have been making a killing doing alchemy and cooking bods. The alchemy dyes sell well but there is stiff competition and price gouging. The cooking dyes and the plum tree do very well with little to no competition.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PoF with a miner makes you some steady gold with the Tink Keg filled sells for I think 4-5M, Barbed and Horned kits even with buying the leather need stills gives you a positive return.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Alchemy - for the dyes, also if you can snag 60-120k verite ingots or 60-120k bloodwood boards for cheap you can use the cauldrons and make quite a bit of money, even with the 3-1 ratio

Cooking - Tree sells for a good amount and dyes are as good as alchemy- only problem with cooking is you have to create everything from absolute scratch and find a way to get sugar to come in (planting), so its time consuming making dough all day

Inscription - The spellbook enhancement talismans can go for alot, and if you make scrappers you stand to make a TON of money with the talismans if you get slayers. I made 2 talismans and made enough scrappers to use up all the charges, got 3 super slayers, and this netted me around 180 million before mat costs deducted.

Tinkering - Moonstones are great sellers, the recipe for the kotl items can be sold and used by non bod collecting players.

The other four are based on runic items as rewards - and until the UO team makes runic items more appealing/viable there is SOME profit but... not a whole lot compared to the first four mentioned.

*My advice is if you are running or plan to make a bod setup to collect the blacksmithy, tailoring, fletching, and caprentry bods but dont spend too much time on them. Keep collecting them in the event something changes, but until then alchemy, cooking, inscription, and tinkering is going to be the best investment of your time profit wise.

I went in with a GIANT investment for bods, theres a thread floating somewhere, and i am collecting over 500 bods a day from all professions - i have recently deducted from hours of collecting and filling that the four i mentioned is all that is needed, the others have resource requirements that cut into profit and the rewards (runics) are just not something people use as much anymore - due to legendaries being a dime a dozen. Also need to factor in that bribing for smithing and tailoring is outrageous, but the rest are super cheap if not free. So i am collecting all 8 professions daily but i am stockpiling the other four until something changes. Only 24 hours in a day, all eight is unrealistic to collect unless you have help (that wasnt your question but i thought i would mention it)

Last edited:

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Elite we have talked in game (Chat) about the problems with smithing/tailoring bods being a money making venture. I know some people will say "But one or two npc's will bribe real cheap at default price" that also takes a LOT of time to do it that way. It's just not cost effective considering the time spent, For the one lonely val hammer bod you have its great tho! As a mass produced uo money generating strategy its kinda Sucky. I made a killing off the new bods they introduced, easily over 400 million gold in just a few hours a day but the sales have dwindled lately. Guess only so many plum trees and dyes will sell in the end run... pretty soon the price will tank on all these items as people get sick of looking at the higher vendor fees and just lowball it for the quick sale. Besides lets face facts, how much skin in the game do you have making a plum tree or a dye? Under 10-20k with bribing... they were good returns while they lasted but i think those days are nearing an end... Anywho see ya in game bro.. Btw its Cheff Boyardee.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To the original poster I would suggest not relying upon rewards in the near future but upon "crafted" items. All spawners need the l33t gear and that is 100% elemental damage weapons. just make blanks. Single mod etc.. it will sell if you have the right weapon types.. Think Sampire gear... Double axes, Kasas, bladed staves etc. anything with whirlwind,double strike, armor ignore etc..